• Please log in to reply
572 replies to this topic

#561 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Grading a teams draft is total B.S. I'm sure people thought we were crazy for taking a small forward from Russia and a small forward from Sweden in the late rounds and I think turned out pretty well. If Mantha becomes a star and any other pick even makes the team I'm happy.

But those were later picks.  In later rounds, things become even harder to predict.  

Earlier round picks are more scrutinized, hence Holland is getting some criticism with the guys he chose after Mantha.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#562 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

But those were later picks.  In later rounds, things become even harder to predict.  

Earlier round picks are more scrutinized, hence Holland is getting some criticism with the guys he chose after Mantha.  

They can scrutinize all they want but no one knows what is going to happen with the future of these kids. We might sit back five years from now and celebrate this draft. Holland know there are roles we need filled moving to the Eastern Conference and maybe Bertuzzi was the number one guy they thought could fill the role of agitator. You can't win a championship by just trying to draft only superstars.

#563 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

They can scrutinize all they want but no one knows what is going to happen with the future of these kids. We might sit back five years from now and celebrate this draft. Holland know there are roles we need filled moving to the Eastern Conference and maybe Bertuzzi was the number one guy they thought could fill the role of agitator. You can't win a championship by just trying to draft only superstars.

Ya well some of these big name players taken this year in the top ten probably won't even see much nhl time in their career, and some unknown guy will be a star. That's just the way she goes

#564 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,908 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

People need to remember that we basically got Bertuzzi for free.... Obviously a pick they wanted, so they took him a little early and guaranteed picking him up. Is supposed to be a nasty aggitator

#565 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

Ya well some of these big name players taken this year in the top ten probably won't even see much nhl time in their career, and some unknown guy will be a star. That's just the way she goes

My money is obviously on Hampus Melen.  Now THAT is a household name!  I'm not jumping on the bandwagon on this one, I'm pulling it, which is fine cause it's not heavy.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#566 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

I see Halifax has 2 of the top 12 picks in the import draft...might be able to replace McKinnon and Drouin quicker

#567 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

I bring this thread back from the depths for this important announcement....

For the LGW Twitter users out there, I found this gem today: @Hmelen17

Unfortunately it's mostly in what I assume is Swedish but I followed him anyway.

Hampus for conn smyth(one day)!! :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#568 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

I bring this thread back from the depths for this important announcement....

For the LGW Twitter users out there, I found this gem today: @Hmelen17

Unfortunately it's mostly in what I assume is Swedish but I followed him anyway.

Hampus for conn smyth(one day)!! :P

I thought of making a twitter account just to follow Dats and Daniel Tosh, but I may have to still consider making one and following old Hampus.  He seems entertaining. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#569 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

I thought of making a twitter account just to follow Dats and Daniel Tosh, but I may have to still consider making one and following old Hampus.  He seems entertaining. 

Good ol' hampusaurus rex. Haha I actually originally made a Twitter because of tosh.0 but now I just like it. It grows on you for sure

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#570 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Good GOD I hope this Hampus kid doesn't flare out with a pffftt because I'm REALLY stoked about the future possibilities of using his name repeatedly to describe random stuff...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#571 Datsyukian Videos

Datsyukian Videos

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

The hands on Jonathon Drouin are just filthy - just watched a video of him on YouTube and looked over his stats from the past year and he's got that "man playing against boys" vibe to him...

Lightning are lucky to have him, and I predict he will do big things for them (as well as being a regular on the highlight reels)

#572 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Good GOD I hope this Hampus kid doesn't flare out with a pffftt because I'm REALLY stoked about the future possibilities of using his name repeatedly to describe random stuff...

Frk Melen Helm.

#573 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Frk Melen Helm.

Don't youf****** cuss at me!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger