• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Stanley Cup Finals Record Ratings

Rate this topic

Doesn't surprise me. 2 big cities, both original 6 teams, & good hockey teams. Was an exciting series, too bad it didn't go 7. A small step to bring hockey into the big leagues, now if we could only get rid of Bettman!

I think last year's Finals would have been even bigger (if Jersey didn't c***block into the Finals).

Unlike the NBA, the NHL can't just rig it every year so that a big market team makes it into the Finals. We all remember the Calgary vs. Tampa Bay and Edmonton vs Carolina matchups. That can happen anytime, and it would get crappy ratings for the league again.

Guest Crymson

I think last year's Finals would have been even bigger (if Jersey didn't c***block into the Finals).

Unlikely. L.A. is a big city, true, but the actual hockey-watching population there is small.

Guest Playmaker

Doesn't surprise me. 2 big cities, both original 6 teams, & good hockey teams. Was an exciting series, too bad it didn't go 7. A small step to bring hockey into the big leagues, now if we could only get rid of Bettman!

Why would they get rid of Bettman? Record ratings coming off a lockout without ESPN, the owners squeezed the players yet again and are keeping costs down, owners are raking in the profits. Hate him all you want, but he's not going anywhere until the owners want him to...He may not be a hockey guy, but he's a business guy and that's exactly what the owners want...