• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Canucks trade Schneider to Devils for 9th overall pick

Rate this topic

The only conclusion i can come up with on this is that Gillis got his goalie's mixed up and traded the one that didn't want to leave and kept the one that did. Gillis may be the worst gm in the league after this deal.

Gillis got fleeced. If you're going to move Schneider, you should have gotten something more back, at least a roster player and a draft.

The whole league is laughing at Gillis and the Canucks.

Ben Kozma, a writer for the Vancouver Province, tweeted that the Oilers were "stunned" at what New Jersey obtained Schneider for - as their offer included their number 7 pick +.

First i'm going to say this is a total rumor not backed up by anything yet.

But a co-worker at work said Bill Watters tweeted or posted something along the lines that Schneider asked for a trade because his wife/gfriend was doing in-appropriate things with Kessler.

I'm no good with Twitter so couldn't find a link to back it up which is why this is totally a rumor. I'm sure some of you could track it down much faster than I if it truly does exist.

This is all I could find.

Bill Watters@RealBillWatters

Schneider 's exit from Vancouver was precipitated by off ice issues,rather than goaltending and financial as outlined in Gillis'rationale.

Ben Kozma, a writer for the Vancouver Province, tweeted that the Oilers were "stunned" at what New Jersey obtained Schneider for - as their offer included their number 7 pick +.

lol, great management in vancouver lmao

Getting a franchise goalie for one draft pick means we should be able to get Edler off of them for a coupon for a free appetizer at Chili's.

don't forget the small curly fries as a gesture of good faith ;)

I can understand the choice.

1) It gets him far, far away so they don't have to be reminded of the fiasco. Nor do they have to face him except twice a year.

2) If the other stuff is true, it gets her far, far away as well.

I think Gillis reads LGW and he just felt so bad about all the Kenny hate around here that he decided to prove to us that there are far worse ways to manage a team and that just because it's a big trade doesn't mean it's a good trade.