• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Red Wings select RW Anthony Mantha 20th Overall

Rate this topic

Tall left winger with physicality and scoring prowess, as well as willingness to stick up for his teammates. A physical presence in the Q that has elevated himself into the first round by playing well in each outing. He missed the cut-off to the 2012 draft by one-day, and in 2011-12 has a respectable 22 goals and 51 points in the QMJHL. Increased that to reach the 50 goal plateau this season. He does come with a little concern that he can play uninvovled and unwilling to do much of the dirty work on the back check to unearth pucks. No one wants to start placing labels on junior scorer who come off lacking enthusiasm and full game commitment, but you have to wonder if it leads to his fall down the slottings.

--Bill Placzek--

Saved what money?

The maximum base salary that he can get for the ELC is $925,000. From there, you have to consider A/B trigger bonuses. Normally, those scale as the pick heads down. One would presume that his maximum salary would be less at pick 20 than pick 18.

ll17.jpg

Why are the only three people I recognize in that picture Bettman, Holland, and Drapes?

I recognize mantha ;)

The maximum base salary that he can get for the ELC is $925,000. From there, you have to consider A/B trigger bonuses. Normally, those scale as the pick heads down. One would presume that his maximum salary would be less at pick 20 than pick 18.

I'm sure the wings organization is super worried about a few grand

Guest Johnz96

Tall left winger with physicality and scoring prowess, as well as willingness to stick up for his teammates. A physical presence in the Q that has elevated himself into the first round by playing well in each outing. He missed the cut-off to the 2012 draft by one-day, and in 2011-12 has a respectable 22 goals and 51 points in the QMJHL. Increased that to reach the 50 goal plateau this season. He does come with a little concern that he can play uninvovled and unwilling to do much of the dirty work on the back check to unearth pucks. No one wants to start placing labels on junior scorer who come off lacking enthusiasm and full game commitment, but you have to wonder if it leads to his fall down the slottings.

--Bill Placzek--

Ryno 2.0?

“Big stud that can skate, hard to handle, can dominate. Long stride, soft hands, not physical, great feel, didn’t do enough in Halifax, needs to be WAY more physical.” — Mark Seidel – North American Central Scouting

lolz

Look at it this way. Many-not all, scouts think he can play harder and show more effort. But he did score 50 goals this year. So if there is more room for improvement, what can he become? 50 goals in the NHL? Yes. he does have that type of talent.

Maltby scored 50 goals in Juniors! © ®

He's a Maltby!

Look at it this way. Many-not all, scouts think he can play harder and show more effort. But he did score 50 goals this year. So if there is more room for improvement, what can he become? 50 goals in the NHL? Yes. he does have that type of talent.

Edited by FireCaptain

Guest Johnz96

Maltby scored 50 goals in Juniors! © ®

He's a Maltby!

Lol. It was a lot easier to score 50 goals then, the goalie equipment was so much smaller. Mantha did lead the Q in goals.

ll17.jpg

Why are the only three people I recognize in that picture Bettman, Holland, and Drapes?

I believe the guy to Kenny's left is Joe McDonnell, Director of Amateur Scouting, and to Drapes' right is Ryan Martin. I would think the guy next to McDonnell is another scout, just don't know which one.