• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Hawks re-sign Bickell (4 years 16 mill)

Rate this topic

A lot of people were surprised that they were clearing out Bolland and Frolik after saying they would have to blow up their secondary players again. Looks like they probably identified Bickell as a priority to keep. I agree that $4 mil/yr for such a limited track record is a bit high, but if David Clarkson gets $5 mil AAV from someone, Bickell was absolutely going to get $3.5 mil or better.

He was an undeniable force for them in the Playoffs, it just seemed like they could have done a little better going that long on term.

A lot of people were surprised that they were clearing out Bolland and Frolik after saying they would have to blow up their secondary players again. Looks like they probably identified Bickell as a priority to keep. I agree that $4 mil/yr for such a limited track record is a bit high, but if David Clarkson gets $5 mil AAV from someone, Bickell was absolutely going to get $3.5 mil or better.

He was an undeniable force for them in the Playoffs, it just seemed like they could have done a little better going that long on term.

I'd rather have Clarkson at 4 mil per than Bickell at 4 mill per and if the option presents itself, I hope Holland is going to phone Lou about it :-)

This is an overpayment... it feels like the "in good faith" contracts that holland can give out so that the player can reach and exceed their contract value. Except this one is just way crazier and I would be willing to bet a lot that it will never be reached... Lets just say this I'll take Franzen over Bickell at a 4m cap hit.

He will get traded in a year or two...

If he continues his scoring and top notch play, otherwise if he goes back to his previous baseline it would be a huge contract to take on, no team would want it

I'd rather have Clarkson at 4 mil per than Bickell at 4 mill per and if the option presents itself, I hope Holland is going to phone Lou about it :-)

Well, yeah, absolutely, but my point was that those were the top two gritty power forwards on the market, so one helps define the price of the other. Clarkson is absolutely going to get more than Bickell.

Guest The Axe

That's a lot of money for somebody that's never broken 40 points and probably never will.

Would you rather have Bickell or Hudler during the playoffs?

Z, Dats, Helm are the only 3 Wings forwards I'd rather have.

Would you rather have Bickell or Hudler during the playoffs?

Z, Dats, Helm are the only 3 Wings forwards I'd rather have.

I feel like Bickell is being over-valued because of one good playoff run. If he keeps playing at this level, probably Bickell. I don't believe that he'll play that well every year, although only time will tell.

Regardless, the Wings' lack of top 6 talent isn't a basis for arguing that players on other teams are being paid appropriately.

Guest The Axe

I feel like Bickell is being over-valued because of one good playoff run. If he keeps playing at this level, probably Bickell. I don't believe that he'll play that well every year, although only time will tell.

Regardless, the Wings' lack of top 6 talent isn't a basis for arguing that players on other teams are being paid appropriately.

I see your point. And its a good one.

Didn't people on here think he was going to get 5-6 million or something? lol

Deal is good for the Hawks and Bickell.

Thank F we can put the "Let's sign Bickell" debate to bed.

I would have given him $4mil per. He brings more than 40 points to the table for sure. If he gets 40 that would be good. I see him getting 50-60 next sesaon in the Hawks top 6 and the element he brings to the table above that, which gives him far more value than a guy like Filppula, is that he creates space for guys like Toews and Kand and Hossa etc, to get more points than they would get if they had to create their own space. Bickell was moved from the 3rd line back up to the 1st/2nd line and the Hawks shifted back the momentum and won the cup. He also tied that game up by battling in front of the net and banging home a rebound Holmstrom style. His worth is $4 mil and I'd be ok if Holland would have given him the contract the Hawks did.