• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Red Wings No Longer "Presented by Amway!"

Rate this topic

From Amway to the Death Star...

Death-star-att.jpg

Probably didn't want to put out a press release about it, given how much flak they got from the Amway release/sponsorship. Puck Daddy articles STILL refer to them as the "Detroit Red Wings Presented By Amway".

Glad to no longer have the team associated with the pyramid scheme.

Though it could've been worse...St Louis is sponsored by Monsanto!

I would NOT want to partake from their training table, that's for sure. One of, if not the most evil companies in the world, IMHO.

Being sponsored by someone gives us money. Maybe they're just working their way through the phone book. Next year, the Detroit Red Wings sponsored by Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Be honest, guys, you're waiting for Hooters, right?

Being sponsored by someone gives us money. Maybe they're just working their way through the phone book. Next year, the Detroit Red Wings sponsored by Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Be honest, guys, you're waiting for Hooters, right?

I think many many many DRW fans would be happy with hooters, our girlfriends not so much *g*

RedWingsDad there is something called tradition, a franchise especially a storied one shouldn't be sponsored/presented by companies, period.

Edited by frankgrimes

Guest RedWingsDad

I think many many many DRW fans would be happy with hooters, our girlfriends not so much *g*

RedWingsDad there is something called tradition, a franchise especially a storied one shouldn't be sponsored/presented by companies, period.

I can't disagree with this from a sentimental perspective. The Joe has a charm because it's not named after some company but in honor of an individual. I have thought how it would be nice if Ilitch took a hit to the pocket book by not getting a sponsor and instead naming the new arena after a person, historical venue, or something other then a corporate sponsorship. Nevertheless, I won't hold it against him because I know it's a business and it's his job to make the $$$.

I can't disagree with this from a sentimental perspective. The Joe has a charm because it's not named after some company but in honor of an individual. I have thought how it would be nice if Ilitch took a hit to the pocket book by not getting a sponsor and instead naming the new arena after a person, historical venue, or something other then a corporate sponsorship. Nevertheless, I won't hold it against him because I know it's a business and it's his job to make the $$$.

I really hope they name it after Mike, Howe, Yzerman or Lidström it would be great beyond believe.

Guest RedWingsDad

I really hope they name it after Mike, Howe, Yzerman or Lidström it would be great beyond believe.

I think Howe would be the most likely choice due to him being an absolute legend AND a local guy. I don't think they would do Yzerman due to the awkwardness of him working for another team in the league and just don't think they would go the Lidstrom route for various reasons.

Gordie Howe Arena, love it... but too bad it doesn't roll off the tongue like Joe Loius since 'Gordie' has two syllables. I digress.