• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

The posts on this thread make me wonder about our education system. Cleary economics isn't being taught in school anymore. If the RW or any pro team doesn't have sponsorships, what happens? Ticket prices go up. Concession prices go up. Parking goes up. TV/cable prices go up. For the RW to spend 64.3 million on player salaries, they have to bring in twice that to cover all their expenses. GM's cost money, scouts cost money, the beer and hot dogs cost money, the JLA has utility bills to be paid. Plus all owners want to make a profit. or at worst, break even.

Now for those that dislike Amway, please get some idea of what you are talking about. You do realize that the De Vos family-co-founders of Amway own the Griffins right? The arena they pay in is owned by the Van Andel family, the other co-founders family. Not to mention the ties with the Whitecaps, the various lector hall/labs/residence halls on many of Michigan's college campuses. Plus the 5000 or so hourly workers at the Amway plant in Ada. The business model of Amway is no different than the franchise model of Little Caesars. Little Caesars doesn't make money off of selling pizzas. They make money off of selling the ingredients to the thousands of franchises around the world.

Complain about people not being educated, spells "clearly" wrong.

#42 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

Whaddya mean I can't beat BOSTON?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

The posts on this thread make me wonder about our education system. Cleary economics isn't being taught in school anymore. 

Complain about people not being educated, spells "clearly" wrong.

No, no, no. He was referring to the 'Dan Cleary Economics' not being taught in school nowadays. It's the theory that some consumers like Ken Holland will scour the market for new and fresher products only to end up at the checkout stands with same ol' reliable off-brand that he's bought for years. It's good for the local economic cap but bad for the Unrestricted marketable products. 

;)

Edited by FireCaptain, 03 July 2013 - 06:38 PM.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13