• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Tim Thomas watch 2013

Rate this topic

In terms of a team signing him, I'd be a little wary that he can return to form as a 39 year-old who hasn't played since april of 2012.

Also from a purely business standpoint as an owner or GM I'd be a little wary of signing him based on how he handled his contract situation with Boston, whatever the reason.

An older but extremely talented goalie, questionable teammate, and an unknown as to if he'd play out a new contract. It's an interesting gamble but I'm sure some team will take it. The potential upside is too big not to.

Guest RedWingsDad

In terms of a team signing him, I'd be a little wary that he can return to form as a 39 year-old who hasn't played since april of 2012.

Also from a purely business standpoint as an owner or GM I'd be a little wary of signing him based on how he handled his contract situation with Boston, whatever the reason.

An older but extremely talented goalie, questionable teammate, and an unknown as to if he'd play out a new contract. It's an interesting gamble but I'm sure some team will take it. The potential upside is too big not to.

Seems like the Wild, Pens, or Canadians might be interested... based on their circumstances. I know they recently re-upped Backstrom, but not sure the Wild wouldn't still take a chance with Thomas.

Seems like the Wild, Pens, or Canadians might be interested... based on their circumstances. I know they recently re-upped Backstrom, but not sure the Wild wouldn't still take a chance with Thomas.

All three of those teams have starting goal tenders that they are confident in.. I don't see Thomas wanting to go anywhere unless he's the for sure #1 man between the pipes.

Guest RedWingsDad

All three of those teams have starting goal tenders that they are confident in.. I don't see Thomas wanting to go anywhere unless he's the for sure #1 man between the pipes.

I was under the impression that Carey Price hasn't exactly inspired confidence of late and we all know about Fleurys troubles...

Edit: Philly would be an obvious choice that I missed... though I wonder at their chances of being a cup contender any time soon.

Edited by RedWingsDad

I was under the impression that Carey Price hasn't exactly inspired confidence of late and we all know about Fleurys troubles...

Edit: Philly would be an obvious choice that I missed... though I wonder at their chances of being a cup contender any time soon.

http://www.capgeek.com/flyers/

take a glance at their D.

7 guys (including Pronger) with the lowest salary at $3.5mil (Grossman, the incredible pilon). If only they had 4 more buyouts. 6 forwards R/UFA next offseason: Giroux, B.Schenn, Couturier, and Read are the notable names.

So the answer to that question, unless they dump Grossman and trade Coburn to the Oilers as previously planned, no, no they will not compete for the cup.

yea fleury has troubles but they've already stated he would be their starting goalie next season. and the canadians pretty much have to have confidence in price for how much he's getting paid, i agree with that.

I could see the flyers. I'd like to see the oilers. but my guess is maybe florida or tampa if they can convince thomas they'll be competetors.

that would let markstrom or lindback learn under a great goalie too, a chance i'm sure they wouldn't want to pass up.