• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Report: Red Wings out on Lecavalier - signs with Philly 5@4.5 per

Rate this topic

As much as I would liked to have had Vinny. Had to be the 5 years thing that rubbed our management the wrong way.

Oh well we move on.

Not completely gutted by this.

Ya I'm not really buying the $5 mil thing, unless they felt he wasn't trying hard on defense. 5 years is too long for him imo.

Still won't stop this place from erupting though.

I'm not giving up on this until it's announced where he is going. I've gotta believe Kenny will see the light.

For everyone who is saying 33-34 is too old, let's remember that Pavel is 34 and just signed an extension everyone applauded. and Zetterberg is almost 33 and making 7 million.

The plot thickens. Dallas believes they're out too, per Aaron Ward...

https://twitter.com/aaronward_nhl/status/352179493617668096

Sources saying Dallas Stars no longer believe they are in contention for Lecavalier.

And Dreger...

http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/352181156587905025

Further to @aaronward_nhl report on Lecavalier, I have also been told by a Stars source, Lecavalier has eliminated Dallas from contention.

I'm not giving up on this until it's announced where he is going. I've gotta believe Kenny will see the light.

For everyone who is saying 33-34 is too old, let's remember that Pavel is 34 and just signed an extension everyone applauded. and Zetterberg is almost 33 and making 7 million.

i think its safe to say Vinny is NO dats or Z

Stupid stupid decision.

I'll put an "F" bomb in front of that. Pay 36yr old $hitty 3rd liner in Samuelsson 3Million dollars and won't cough up 5M for center 3YEARS YOUNGER and is probably as good as Zetterburg? :scared:

According to Darren Dreger's twitter, the Dallas Stars have been eliminated from contention for Vinny L. At this point it's hard to predict where he'll go. But since Dallas and Detroit are both out of the running, one would have to assume the Habs are the favorites

I'll put an "F" bomb in front of that. Pay 36yr old $hitty 3rd liner in Samuelsson 3Million dollars and won't cough up 5M for center 3YEARS YOUNGER and is probably as good as Zetterburg? :scared:

Jesus, everybody is throwing around invalid comparisons. $3M is alot less than $5M and Sammy was signed for 2 years not 5.

As good as Zetterburg. That's ridiculous. Get a grip people.

Edited by chrisdetroit

The way Lecavalier has played the last few years $5M for five years is too much. Maybe for two years but not five. Lecavalier knows he'll get it somewhere so he's asking it. This is the cap world. In a few years it'll most likely turn out to be a dumb contract. You don't build your team by overpaying players who are on the decline but by underpaying young players who are on the upswing or veterans who can provide good grit and experience.

you all would have been ok with Holland giving Lecavalier $5m per for 5 years???

I agree that 5 years for 5m is too long. If Lecavalier continues to decline, I think we would see a lot of topics about how Holland should not have signed a declining player for 5 years at 5m/yr. He could stop declining or elevate his game, but I don't think the Wings want/need to take that chance.