• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Report: Red Wings out on Lecavalier - signs with Philly 5@4.5 per

Rate this topic

This contract is going to be hilarious in 2 years when Vinny REALLY can't skate anymore.. Full NMC for a regressing 33 year old centre. Glad Holland didn't bite.

I agree 100%... We have some good forwards in the pipeline and have to have room for them...

Agree with those who think the contract is too long.

Lecavalier signing with one of the most unstable franchises in the NHL is a dumb move.

There's a decent chance that Briere will be better than Vinny in the coming year.

Oh well. Would have been nice to have him, however, if we had gotten him, Datsyuk and Zetteberg would have been on the same line and we're a much harder team to play against/match up against during the playoffs when they're on separate lines. There's always Jagr. He'll sign for just a year and it won't be for as much as Vinny. Plus, I liked what I saw from him defensively this past season, so he could be a fit.

Also, I noticed Colo is going to be bought out. That's kind of confusing. We have way too many subpar forwards, holes on defense and we buyout Colo and not Sammy or Bert? I felt like he was pretty solid for us down the stretch and into the playoffs and outplayed his $2.5 mil contract.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/02/report-red-wings-likely-to-buy-out-colaiacovo/

Oh come on, who didn't see this coming.

If the guy was 40, then maybe Holland would have considered him.

First off, in regards to term length, it seems much less risky now with each team allocated compliance buyouts per year. Yeah its not the most respectful thing to the players but it would allow Holland to sleep while still signing him at an appropriate price. 4.5M is a fair price for Lecavalier.

And again, what new player has Holland signed in the last 4 or 5 years that has worked out and proved to be a good signing?

Tootoo?

Samuelsson?

White?

Modano?

Holland signs these guys, just for them to get scratched every game by Babcock.

Its quite clear our commander and chief has no direction on what he's doing.

Oh well. Would have been nice to have him, however, if we had gotten him, Datsyuk and Zetteberg would have been on the same line and we're a much harder team to play against/match up against during the playoffs when they're on separate lines. There's always Jagr. He'll sign for just a year and it won't be for as much as Vinny. Plus, I liked what I saw from him defensively this past season, so he could be a fit.

Also, I noticed Colo is going to be bought out. That's kind of confusing. We have way too many subpar forwards, holes on defense and we buyout Colo and not Sammy or Bert? I felt like he was pretty solid for us down the stretch and into the playoffs and outplayed his $2.5 mil contract.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/02/report-red-wings-likely-to-buy-out-colaiacovo/

After drafting Bertuzzi's nephew it was a given we'd be stuck with him for another year. Completely agree on the Colo front the guy played solid and was the only FA from last year that added value during in the playoffs.

oh god man , cant believe couldnt find a team to take him for like a 7th round pick hes just got one year left on his deal, waste of a buyout ... how is it everyone knew the signings of coliacovo and samuelsson were a mistake except for holland

Sammy's agent is playing the injured card. Once he gives up on that, Sammy will be our 2nd buyout.

As much as I would liked to have had Vinny. Had to be the 5 years thing that rubbed our management the wrong way.

Oh well we move on.

Not completely gutted by this.

It's okay you'll be gutted by us doing absolutely nothing in the off season. Seriously though we need to resign Brunner.

It's funny reading all the people that are now hating on this signing after they were begging Holland to sign him for a week now.

I would have wanted him for over 5 mill but no more than 2-3 years. It is funny seeing some of the reversals though

vinny clearly went for the cash philadelphia doesnt even have a goalie .... this is just laughable , flyers just got rid of 2 disaster deals and they might just end up regretting this one in 2-3 yrs if vinny continues to have injury problems

I'm guessing Vinny may have gone for the team that offered him term and a NMC... I'm sure Detroit or Dallas offered him at least $4.5 but probably only for 2-3 years. ...and hopefully Holland has learned that not every player deserves a NMC.

I am a little disappointed... but more in Vinny than Holland. So... Whatevs.

I guess Vinny must like his early summer vacations, and not worrying himself over the possibility of winning that big silver shiny thingy.

Playoffs are a drag... He's already got his name on the shiny silver thingy. Besides Philly is SO MUCH NICER A CITY THAN DETROIT, amitrite!?!

Horrible move by Holland. You'll pay Sammy 3 million a year, but you won't pay Vincent 4.5? The guy would of been our 3rd best forward. You wouldn't pay 4.5 million for a top 3 forward? Come on. The Wings can't score. They haven't been scoring for YEARS. How do you fix such a problem? PAY A FEW EXTRA BUCKS AND SIGN SOME DECENT TOP 6 FORWARDS. Would you rather have Vincent at 4.5 a season, or Cleary at 3. Seriously.

I will use my magical crystal ball and tell you what Holland will do in the next week:

Cleary for 3 million a season for 3-4 years.

Sign Brunner for 2-3 million for 3-4 years.

Buy-out Carlo.

"We like our team." - Holland

DONE. We will have an IDENTICAL team to last year, except Flipulla will be gone. The Wings need 1-2 top 6 forwards. The Wings have too many players signed, and Kenny seems not to care. Get rid of a few, and get BETTER ONES. WE HAVE THE SPACE. GETTER DONE.

I will bet ANYONE on here $20 that Philly will win the cup before the Wings do. Making moves, even if a few are bad, is better than doing nothing. And Kenny has basically made ZERO moves for 5 years.

Edited by TheOwl

I will bet ANYONE on here $20 that Philly will win the cup before the Wings do. Making moves, even if a few are bad, is better than doing nothing. And Kenny has basically made ZERO moves for 5 years.

You have found your taker. Let's make $200 to the charity of the winner's choice, shall we?