164 replies to this topic

#101 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

false tab sorry

Edited by frankgrimes, 02 July 2013 - 06:10 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#102 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

It seems holland is content keeping us a playoff team but not a contender.

#103 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Good signing by Holmgren. Made his non playoff team "maybe" a playoff team again.

#104 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

Wasn't a fan of the term, but at the price I would have taken a 2nd look at him

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#105 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

This contract is going to be hilarious in 2 years when Vinny REALLY can't skate anymore.. Full NMC for a regressing 33 year old centre. Glad Holland didn't bite.

#106 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

This contract is going to be hilarious in 2 years when Vinny REALLY can't skate anymore.. Full NMC for a regressing 33 year old centre. Glad Holland didn't bite.

Far too many NMC's being thrown around by GM's these days.  It's getting ridiculous.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#107 archimet

archimet

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

I agree 100%...  We have some good forwards in the pipeline and have to have room for them...

#108 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

Agree with those who think the contract is too long.

Lecavalier signing with one of the most unstable franchises in the NHL is a dumb move.

There's a decent chance that Briere will be better than Vinny in the coming year.

#109 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

vinny clearly went for the cash philadelphia doesnt even have a goalie .... this is just laughable , flyers just got rid of 2 disaster deals and they might just end up regretting this one in 2-3 yrs if vinny continues to have injury problems

#110 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Oh well.  Would have been nice to have him, however, if we had gotten him, Datsyuk and Zetteberg would have been on the same line and we're a much harder team to play against/match up against during the playoffs when they're on separate lines.  There's always Jagr.  He'll sign for just a year and it won't be for as much as Vinny.  Plus, I liked what I saw from him defensively this past season, so he could be a fit.

Also, I noticed Colo is going to be bought out.  That's kind of confusing.  We have way too many subpar forwards, holes on defense and we buyout Colo and not Sammy or Bert?  I felt like he was pretty solid for us down the stretch and into the playoffs and outplayed his $2.5 mil contract.

http://prohockeytalk...out-colaiacovo/

#111 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Oh come on, who didn't see this coming.

If the guy was 40, then maybe Holland would have considered him.

First off, in regards to term length, it seems much less risky now with each team allocated compliance buyouts per year. Yeah its not the most respectful thing to the players but it would allow Holland to sleep while still signing him at an appropriate price. 4.5M is a fair price for Lecavalier.

And again, what new player has Holland signed in the last 4 or 5 years that has worked out and proved to be a good signing?

Tootoo?
Samuelsson?
White?
Modano?

Holland signs these guys, just for them to get scratched every game by Babcock.

Its quite clear our commander and chief has no direction on what he's doing.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#112 MileHighWingsGuy

MileHighWingsGuy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Oh well.  Would have been nice to have him, however, if we had gotten him, Datsyuk and Zetteberg would have been on the same line and we're a much harder team to play against/match up against during the playoffs when they're on separate lines.  There's always Jagr.  He'll sign for just a year and it won't be for as much as Vinny.  Plus, I liked what I saw from him defensively this past season, so he could be a fit.

Also, I noticed Colo is going to be bought out.  That's kind of confusing.  We have way too many subpar forwards, holes on defense and we buyout Colo and not Sammy or Bert?  I felt like he was pretty solid for us down the stretch and into the playoffs and outplayed his $2.5 mil contract.

After drafting Bertuzzi's nephew it was a given we'd be stuck with him for another year. Completely agree on the Colo front the guy played solid and was the only FA from last year that added value during in the playoffs.

RedWing fan behind enemy lines

#113 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

oh god man , cant believe couldnt find a team to take him for like a 7th round pick hes just got one year left on his deal, waste of a buyout ... how is it everyone knew the signings of coliacovo and samuelsson were a mistake except for holland

#114 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Sammy's agent is playing the injured card.  Once he gives up on that, Sammy will be our 2nd buyout.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#115 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

As much as I would liked to have had Vinny.  Had to be the 5 years thing that rubbed our management the wrong way.

Oh well we move on.

Not completely gutted by this.

It's okay you'll be gutted by us doing absolutely nothing in the off season. Seriously though we need to resign Brunner.

#116 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's funny reading all the people that are now hating on this signing after they were begging Holland to sign him for a week now.

#117 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

It's funny reading all the people that are now hating on this signing after they were begging Holland to sign him for a week now.

I would have wanted him for over 5 mill but no more than 2-3 years. It is funny seeing some of the reversals though

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#118 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Well props to Philly
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#119 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

It's okay you'll be gutted by us doing absolutely nothing in the off season. Seriously though we need to resign Brunner.

I'll be gutted if we don't resign Brunner.

Seriously.

#120 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,942 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

So Philly still without defence right?