• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

#161 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

I agree giving Cleary 3 yrs @ 3 per would be a boneheaded move.... hoping that is not actually going to happen.

Maybe - just maybe Holland sees Cleary as a positive influence in the dressing room - especially with the young guys coming up from GR?

Cleary was a 1st rounder with the Hawks - was then bounced around the league until his career was resurrected courtesy of Ken Holland...Maybe having Cleary around is more for a locker room presence than anything else?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#162 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Maybe - just maybe Holland sees Cleary as a positive influence in the dressing room - especially with the young guys coming up from GR?

Cleary was a 1st rounder with the Hawks - was then bounced around the league until his career was resurrected courtesy of Ken Holland...Maybe having Cleary around is more for a locker room presence than anything else?

give me 1/4 of his salary and I will stick around as a "locker room presence" too. Cleary needs to go

#163 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

I was thinking something similar, take 200K and hire a full time team therapist. At least he's not taking anyone's ice time.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#164 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

give me 1/4 of his salary and I will stick around as a "locker room presence" too. Cleary needs to go

How good can you skate?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#165 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

This exact same conversation is going on in the Flip thread.  Let's just continue it in there.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011