• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Red Wings won't pursue David Clarkson

Rate this topic

http://www.freep.com/article/20130702/SPORTS05/307020109/detroit-red-wings-free-agency-lecavalier-clarkson

Well, in my eyes that's even more disappointing than not getting Vinny. I really wanted Clarkson, but looks like he's asking for more than Holland is willing to pay. Personally, I think he's the type of player we should overpay to get... For now I'm gonna stick with the "in Kenny we trust" philosophy, but so far this has been quite a disappointing day...

Im actually SUPER happy with Kenny not overpaying for this years garbage. Suter and Parise were the kind of players to overpay. This crop is a tier or 2 below.

I do agree, but Clarkson brings an element we haven't really had in awhile. A tough guy that can score. Definitely not heartbroken but disappointed that he's asking for so much

Guest The Axe

I do agree, but Clarkson brings an element we haven't really had in awhile. A tough guy that can score. Definitely not heartbroken but disappointed that he's asking for so much

I hear ya.

Stephen Weiss will be a Red Wing friday. So will Mikeal Samuelsson. :(

This will be my fear as well. Another offseason of zero improvements, just regression. It showed last season and the same will happen next season.

Is Jason Williams a UFA? :bye:

I understand not overpaying for Lecavalier but passing on Clarkson? The guy has size, is physical, brings leadership and will drop the gloves, is going to crush the net he brings everything one would want in a center. 6 million per year seems like a lot right now but keep in mind, the cap will go up soon again.

Nothing against Weiss and others but compared to Clarkson they would be pretty much MEH at best signings.

I would love to have someone that can score, fight and hit... but everything more than $4M is just way tooooo much for Clarkson. Holland is doing right with staying away from it (just like was the case with James Wish).

Well if Bickell can get 4 mil don't you think Clarkson should at least be in the same ballpark or a little bit higher?

Bullpoop. All the youngsters in the team will be better the next season than they were last season.

So that's the apologists line is it? The kids will save us? It shouldn't be forgotten we JUST scraped into the playoffs and we'll be losing Filppula and possibly Cleary/Bertuzzi/Sammy.

Expecting all the rookies to have breakout seasons to compensate is silly.

I understand not overpaying for Lecavalier but passing on Clarkson? The guy has size, is physical, brings leadership and will drop the gloves, is going to crush the net he brings everything one would want in a center. 6 million per year seems like a lot right now but keep in mind, the cap will go up soon again.

Nothing against Weiss and others but compared to Clarkson they would be pretty much MEH at best signings.

I could be wrong but he's not that big at 6'-1". Clowe at $3M/$4M is better fit than Clarkson at $6M.

I think that Kenny will go after Iginla/Clowe and Stalberg

Lilja, Lebda and Devereaux will be signed on July 5th.

I could be wrong but he's not that big at 6'-1". Clowe at $3M/$4M is better fit than Clarkson at $6M.

I think that Kenny will go after Iginla/Clowe and Stalberg

Lilja, Lebda and Devereaux will be signed on July 5th.

Yeah he is 6,1 and 201 lbs which is pretty good. Clowe is 6'2 and 225 lbs so in terms of weight better but I don't think he will come cheap either.

So that's the apologists line is it? The kids will save us? It shouldn't be forgotten we JUST scraped into the playoffs and we'll be losing Filppula and possibly Cleary/Bertuzzi/Sammy.

Expecting all the rookies to have breakout seasons to compensate is silly.

Nah. But to say that the team is regressing with all these promising youngsters in the pipeline isn't what I would say. I like that Holland isn't interested in overpaying free agents and get handcuffed by the cap but wants to build the team slowly and surely through the draft to make sure that they stay competitive for years to come.