• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Red Wings won't pursue David Clarkson

Rate this topic

More of the same...Kenny's working the phones and will be dealing during the trade deadline....Flip's future will be clear after the draft....Brunner wants to remain a wing....we plan on making trades during the draft...Just sign another useless Tootoo clone for those

who love the fights and another old non performing veteran and we can call it a day Kenny. Can't believe Pavel got resigned with this idiot. Disappointment after disappointment with this guy.

I'm not trying to say I agree with what Holland is doing guys. But use some common sense, people are scared we will forever remain small, and it's obvious they know the Wings need size; look at their last few drafts. But just because you have the money doesn't mean you blow it at the 1st place you shop. We still have trade options, we have youth that has proven it needs to play at the next level, and we still have the money. IF Holland does buy out Sammy, I think it will be a little telling in that he realizes some of these revamps are not working.

More of the same...Kenny's working the phones and will be dealing during the trade deadline....Flip's future will be clear after the draft....Brunner wants to remain a wing....we plan on making trades during the draft...Just sign another useless Tootoo clone for those

who love the fights and another old non performing veteran and we can call it a day Kenny. Can't believe Pavel got resigned with this idiot. Disappointment after disappointment with this guy.

Really?

Stephen Weiss will be a Red Wing friday. So will Mikeal Samuelsson. :(

I'm gonna throw a prediction out there in the universe.

Wings sign Weiss and Ryder.

Buyout Colo and Sammy.

Trade Eaves and Tootoo.

Re-sign Brunner, Nyquist, Andersson and Smith.

Jagr buys a rocking chair for his porch, realizes it's really comfy and just stays there.

id love to have clarkson but these deals are ridiculous ... no thanks to overrated weiss ribeiro either , injury prone horton as much as it sucks not getting in on free agency theres no big players out there why handcuff ourselves for someone we'll regret getting? id try maybe andrew ference depending the deal but besides that id rather give tatar a real chance or just make a trade for someone whos actually good not these hacks like filppula who are gonna rip off other nhl teams

let them be the idiots

I'm gonna throw a prediction out there in the universe.

Wings sign Weiss and Ryder.

Buyout Colo and Sammy.

Trade Eaves and Tootoo.

Re-sign Brunner, Nyquist, Andersson and Smith.

Jagr buys a rocking chair for his porch, realizes it's really comfy and just stays there.

Here is a better prediction. Holland buys a rocking chair and falls asleep till July 10th. Wakes up and frantically signs Filpulla to a 6 million dollar deal after Fil gets no bites in free agency.

At this point I'm going to assume Kenny is going to do nothing. Players don't want to come here like they used to and Kenny won't open the wallet up for anyone so here is to another possibly disappointing summer.

How many teams in the league are having bad cap and depth issues cause their GM opens their wallet too frequently like a kid in a candy store trying to get one of everything? Half of them at least. I don't like seeing the good UFA's go elsewhere constantly, but I'd rather be the only one with money left when someone really good comes along and no one else has money to sign them.

I want to see guys like Jurco, Frk, Tvrdon, Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok on the Wings in a year or 2, not a declining has been. And they are the one's getting lots of money from lots of teams that will have lots of cap problems when they can't re-sign their young players cause they have too many old ones. Maybe Kenny has a master plan and that's why he wants to dish out 2-3 year max contracts. The new CBA doesn't have the same old loopholes it used to, and new rules have superseded old rules of the 35+ variety and what not, so not dishing out a 5 year deal to Vinny is ok by me, and not wanting a one-time 30 goal guy for 7 years at $6mil is also fine by me.

Sign Weiss and Ryder short term and you have a good top 9 set up and we have solid D and great goaltending. A full season for DeKeyser and Smith will work wonders as well. Wings will push for the Conference finals again next year.

Here is a better prediction. Holland buys a rocking chair and falls asleep till July 10th. Wakes up and frantically signs Filpulla to a 6 million dollar deal after Fil gets no bites in free agency.

My prediction is a little more realistic. Flip would go to the KHL for tax free hookers like Huds before he's a Wing next year at the money he wants.

Guest The Axe

It's the new way of saying "don't worry, be happy"

Its better than Chelsea Dagger!

This will be my fear as well. Another offseason of zero improvements, just regression. It showed last season and the same will happen next season.

Is Jason Williams a UFA? :bye:

We did improve... Smith, Dekeyser, Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson... (And Mantha in his mind lol)

Weiss for filppula is a horizontal move and maybe better, he finally gets to play with real players and a real team.

I hear so many people complain about youth and now that it's hear we want to get guys like lecav and clarkson... I know clarkson isn't that old but he wants a top 6 roster spot for 7 years... No room with apparently Tatar, nyquist and jarnkrok all figured to be eventual top 6 guys.

You sign guys like clarkson at their lows not their highs cause they usually fall inbetween... Like clowe... Sign him low and hope he gets back to 20-30 goal pace if not oh well...

Edited by Crashnburnluder

We really dodged a bullet there. Imagine spending 5+ mil on an enforcer! No thanks

All we need is weise or ribiero or someone like that who can fill the gap for a couple years until our prospects are ready to crack the top 6

Edited by wingsfan4795

We really dodged a bullet there. Imagine spending 5+ mil on an enforcer! No thanks

All we need is weise or ribiero or someone like that who can fill the gap for a couple years until our prospects are ready to crack the top 6

Yeah, because Clarkson is just some enforcer. :rolleyes:

That being said, I'd spend 5 million on McGrattan.