• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

So that's the apologists line is it? The kids will save us? It shouldn't be forgotten we JUST scraped into the playoffs and we'll be losing Filppula and possibly Cleary/Bertuzzi/Sammy.

Expecting all the rookies to have breakout seasons to compensate is silly.

Nah. But to say that the team is regressing with all these promising youngsters in the pipeline isn't what I would say. I like that Holland isn't interested in overpaying free agents and get handcuffed by the cap but wants to build the team slowly and surely through the draft to make sure that they stay competitive for years to come.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#22 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Put me aboard the Weiss and Ryder train

That train is headed for a wreck with Holland asleep at the controls. "The price is too steep and we'll get Bertuzzi and Sammy back, so we like that team"

#23 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Sammy and Bertuzzi = L & S.

#24 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Although Holland is a mastermind, I loved his reckless approach way better before  2005. Wings got things done and if the DRW wanted a player, they got him *gr*

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#25 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Not really disappointed we aren't pursuing Clarkson.

Maybe I should say "not surprised" we aren't pursuing Clarkson.

#26 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

I like Clarkson,but $6M....come on

#27 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

Remember when everyone was pissed we didn't give up a 1st for Ballard?

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#28 MileHighWingsGuy

MileHighWingsGuy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

More of the same...Kenny's working the phones and will be dealing during the trade deadline....Flip's future will be clear after the draft....Brunner wants to remain a wing....we plan on making trades during the draft...Just sign another useless Tootoo clone for those

who love the fights and another old non performing veteran and we can call it a day Kenny. Can't believe Pavel got resigned with this idiot. Disappointment after disappointment with this guy.

RedWing fan behind enemy lines

#29 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'm not trying to say I agree with what Holland is doing guys. But use some common sense, people are scared we will forever remain small, and it's obvious they know the Wings need size; look at their last few drafts.  But just because you have the money doesn't mean you blow it at the 1st place you shop.  We still have trade options, we have youth that has proven it needs to play at the next level, and we still have the money.  IF Holland does buy out Sammy, I think it will be a little telling in that he realizes some of these revamps are not working. 

More of the same...Kenny's working the phones and will be dealing during the trade deadline....Flip's future will be clear after the draft....Brunner wants to remain a wing....we plan on making trades during the draft...Just sign another useless Tootoo clone for those

who love the fights and another old non performing veteran and we can call it a day Kenny. Can't believe Pavel got resigned with this idiot. Disappointment after disappointment with this guy.

Really?

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#30 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

At this point I'm going to assume Kenny is going to do nothing. Players don't want to come here like they used to and Kenny won't open the wallet up for anyone so here is to another possibly disappointing summer.

#31 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Stephen Weiss will be a Red Wing friday. So will Mikeal Samuelsson. :(

I'm gonna throw a prediction out there in the universe.

Wings sign Weiss and Ryder.

Buyout Colo and Sammy.

Trade Eaves and Tootoo.

Re-sign Brunner, Nyquist, Andersson and Smith.

Jagr buys a rocking chair for his porch, realizes it's really comfy and just stays there.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#32 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

id love to have clarkson but these deals are ridiculous ... no thanks to overrated weiss ribeiro either , injury prone horton as much as it sucks not getting in on free agency theres no big players out there  why handcuff ourselves for someone we'll regret getting? id try maybe andrew ference depending the deal but besides that id rather give tatar a real chance or just make a trade for someone whos actually good not these hacks like filppula who are gonna rip off other nhl teams

let them be the idiots

#33 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'm gonna throw a prediction out there in the universe.

Wings sign Weiss and Ryder.
Buyout Colo and Sammy.
Trade Eaves and Tootoo.
Re-sign Brunner, Nyquist, Andersson and Smith.
Jagr buys a rocking chair for his porch, realizes it's really comfy and just stays there.

Here is a better prediction. Holland buys a rocking chair and falls asleep till July 10th. Wakes up and frantically signs Filpulla to a 6 million dollar deal after Fil gets no bites in free agency.

#34 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Although Holland is a mastermind, I loved his reckless approach way better before  2005. Wings got things done and if the DRW wanted a player, they got him *gr*

no cap back in the day

Put me aboard the Weiss and Ryder train

god no

#35 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

At this point I'm going to assume Kenny is going to do nothing. Players don't want to come here like they used to and Kenny won't open the wallet up for anyone so here is to another possibly disappointing summer.

How many teams in the league are having bad cap and depth issues cause their GM opens their wallet too frequently like a kid in a candy store trying to get one of everything?  Half of them at least.  I don't like seeing the good UFA's go elsewhere constantly, but I'd rather be the only one with money left when someone really good comes along and no one else has money to sign them.

I want to see guys like Jurco, Frk, Tvrdon, Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok on the Wings in a year or 2, not a declining has been.  And they are the one's getting lots of money from lots of teams that will have lots of cap problems when they can't re-sign their young players cause they have too many old ones.  Maybe Kenny has a master plan and that's why he wants to dish out 2-3 year max contracts.  The new CBA doesn't have the same old loopholes it used to, and new rules have superseded old rules of the 35+ variety and what not, so not dishing out a 5 year deal to Vinny is ok by me, and not wanting a one-time 30 goal guy for 7 years at $6mil is also fine by me.  

Sign Weiss and Ryder short term and you have a good top 9 set up and we have solid D and great goaltending.  A full season for DeKeyser and Smith will work wonders as well. Wings will push for the Conference finals again next year.

Here is a better prediction. Holland buys a rocking chair and falls asleep till July 10th. Wakes up and frantically signs Filpulla to a 6 million dollar deal after Fil gets no bites in free agency.

My prediction is a little more realistic.  Flip would go to the KHL for tax free hookers like Huds before he's a Wing next year at the money he wants.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#36 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

So not happy today

#37 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

So not happy today

Hampus Melen?

#38 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Hampus Melen?

Ha ha ha

#39 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Ha ha ha

It's the new way of saying "don't worry, be happy"

#40 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Hampus Melen?

I second this. Hampus brings the Happy.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg