It's the new way of saying "don't worry, be happy"

Its better than Chelsea Dagger!

#42 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

No way would I want the Wings to pay Clarkson as much as Zetterberg.

Posted Image

#43 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

I don't even want to say it.

#44 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

I second this. Hampus brings the Happy.

have you tried McDonald's new hampus meal? Comes with a toy and healthy fry substitutes like apples or melen!!

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#45 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

Well looks like our FA target will indeed be Stephen Weiss. St James just published an article stating he's the guy there believed to be going after. Hopefully we get Brunner signed before tomorrow.

#NOMOREKINDL

#46 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

I really want Clarkson, but no way I'm giving him a long term deal at that high of price. He's never scored more than 60 points in any league, he should not get elite money and term.

#47 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

This will be my fear as well. Another offseason of zero improvements, just regression. It showed last season and the same will happen next season.

Is Jason Williams a UFA? :bye:

We did improve... Smith, Dekeyser, Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson... (And Mantha in his mind lol)

Weiss for filppula is a horizontal move and maybe better, he finally gets to play with real players and a real team.

I hear so many people complain about youth and now that it's hear we want to get guys like lecav and clarkson... I know clarkson isn't that old but he wants a top 6 roster spot for 7 years... No room with apparently Tatar, nyquist and jarnkrok all figured to be eventual top 6 guys.

You sign guys like clarkson at their lows not their highs cause they usually fall inbetween... Like clowe... Sign him low and hope he gets back to 20-30 goal pace if not oh well...

Edited by Crashnburnluder, 02 July 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#48 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

We really dodged a bullet there. Imagine spending 5+ mil on an enforcer! No thanks
All we need is weise or ribiero or someone like that who can fill the gap for a couple years until our prospects are ready to crack the top 6

Edited by wingsfan4795, 02 July 2013 - 07:36 PM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#49 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

We really dodged a bullet there. Imagine spending 5+ mil on an enforcer! No thanks
All we need is weise or ribiero or someone like that who can fill the gap for a couple years until our prospects are ready to crack the top 6

Yeah, because Clarkson is just some enforcer.   :rolleyes:

That being said, I'd spend 5 million on McGrattan.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#50 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Smart move on passing. Say it with me. NOT. WORTH. SIX. MILLION. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#51 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

Smart move on passing. Say it with me. NOT. WORTH. SIX. MILLION. 

NOT. WORTH. SIX. MILLION.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#52 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

NOT. WORTH. SIX. MILLION.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#53 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

That being said, I'd spend 5 million on McGrattan.  

I'd sell my dad to get McGrattan.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#54 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Come on, I know Red Wings fans are smarter than this. Yeah, he's just an enforcer ... who happens to score 25-30 goals. That's more than McCarty ever scored. Probert scored 29 once, but that was a different NHL. 

I'm not saying Clarkson is worth his asking price, but to imply that he's nothing more than an enforcer is a bit ridiculous, don't you think. 

#55 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

Come on, I know Red Wings fans are smarter than this. Yeah, he's just an enforcer ... who happens to score 25-30 goals. . 

Yeah, he did that once. It's not like he's a consistent 25-30 goal scorer ... right?

#56 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

This is good news - and I think we all knew this would be the case.  Holland tries to avoid getting caught up in overpaying UFAs.  Clarkson is looking for a huge pay day from a team willing to take a gamble.  I can't believe he wants 6 million.  I know he has had two pretty good seasons, but his offensive totals are no better than Franzen's, and IMO he is less proven.  I still think Ryder is the better choice - he'll be cheaper and I bet you he scores just as many goals. 

When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#57 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

Come on, I know Red Wings fans are smarter than this. Yeah, he's just an enforcer ... who happens to score 25-30 goals. That's more than McCarty ever scored. Probert scored 29 once, but that was a different NHL. 

I'm not saying Clarkson is worth his asking price, but to imply that he's nothing more than an enforcer is a bit ridiculous, don't you think. 

But hey.....watch this!

I don't know how to embed youtube videos on here, so if someone can help me out, we can all enjoy one of the best grinder goals EVER!

Nevermind...it embeds itself.  Enjoy!

Edited by Z Winged Dangler, 02 July 2013 - 10:19 PM.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#58 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

Yeah, he did that once. It's not like he's a consistent 25-30 goal scorer ... right?

Well, he was on pace to put up similar numbers this last season, so that is some kind of consistency ... right? 

But hey.....watch this!

I don't know how to embed youtube videos on here, so if someone can help me out, we can all enjoy one of the best grinder goals EVER!

Nevermind...it embeds itself.  Enjoy!

The glory days. Come back, Scotty!!! 

#59 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

This is good news - and I think we all knew this would be the case.  Holland tries to avoid getting caught up in overpaying UFAs.  Clarkson is looking for a huge pay day from a team willing to take a gamble.  I can't believe he wants 6 million.  I know he has had two pretty good seasons, but his offensive totals are no better than Franzen's, and IMO he is less proven.  I still think Ryder is the better choice - he'll be cheaper and I bet you he scores just as many goals. 

And he has a better one-timer and quicker release.  I'd take that playing with Dats/Z/Goose any day cause we need more guys like that.  He's on my short list for sure.  If we got Brunner and Ryder signed, there's 2 snipers to play with our pile of playmakers.  I'm still figuring out what Franzen is.  He's undecided as to his play style thus far, but regardless, having 2 RH snipers is a good thing.

I'd sell my dad to get McGrattan.

BBTBB:  Dad, I sold you so the Wings could get McGrattan.  I like fighting.

Dad:  I understand son....I understand.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#60 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

*bang table on head*

Don't Toews me, bro!