• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Red Wings won't pursue David Clarkson

Rate this topic

I think we all can agree that Clarkson is not worth 42 mil over 7 years but that is going to be his pricetag and the guy will get it from some team and I don't blame him one bit for that, it is his payday probably the last one in his career so he does need to cash in.

The Wings fanbase has always talked about how cool it would be to get a Lucic type of player, well here we have one and most people are moaning over having to overpay in order to get him, the so called best GM in hockey is - once again - lowballing him...

why is it so hard for some to understand where the frustration is coming from? Don't want to sign Clarkson or Horton fine than find another way to really improve this team (meh players aren't improvement they are replacements at best).

Waiting for next years ufa class year after year, is like not buying or upgrading a PC because in 1 year there will be better hardware...it just doesn't work t hat way.

So let us assume the Wings don't get Clarkson or Horton which of the remaining UFAs is going to help this team? Jagr, Iginala - nope 0 goals in the playoffs. Ryder, Ribiero (a guy with a very questionable attitude?) stay away please.

Overpaying for Yandle? yeah great giving up assets is way better than overpaying with $ for some highly thought after UFAs.

Comparing the new UFA prices to the ones before the lockout doesn't work also, with Getzlaf and Perry getting their new paydays as stars players a tier below them are going to command a bit less but not a lot...this is just the reality nowadays.

Edited by frankgrimes

I think we all can agree that Clarkson is not worth 42 mil over 7 years but that is going to be his pricetag and the guy will get it from some team and I don't blame him one bit for that, it is his payday probably the last one in his career so he does need to cash in.The Wings fanbase has always talked about how cool it would be to get a Lucic type of player, well here we have one and most people are moaning over having to overpay in order to get him, the so called best GM in hockey is - once again - lowballing him...why is it so hard for some to understand where the frustration is coming from? Don't want to sign Clarkson or Horton fine than find another way to really improve this team (meh players aren't improvement they are replacements at best).Waiting for next years ufa class year after year, is like not buying or upgrading a PC because in 1 year there will be better hardware...it just doesn't work t hat way.So let us assume the Wings don't get Clarkson or Horton which of the remaining UFAs is going to help this team? Jagr, Iginala - nope 0 goals in the playoffs. Ryder, Ribiero (a guy with a very questionable attitude?) stay away please.Overpaying for Yandle? yeah great giving up assets is way better than overpaying with $ for some highly thought after UFAs.Comparing the new UFA prices to the ones before the lockout doesn't work also, with Getzlaf and Perry getting their new paydays as stars players a tier below them are going to command a bit less but not a lot...this is just the reality nowadays.

Horton comes with a slew of injury concerns from his history of concussions to this shoulder issue that some are worried will be repeat - as well as a desire to play in a warm weather, non-traditional, hockey market.

edit: I don't know why I read this as being a Horton-focused post. My bad. I've already thrown my two cents in when it comes to Clarkson, so I won't bother making anyone read that again.

Edited by Travis

It's nice to see - however what are his, or Callahan's chances of making it to the Motor City?

well he will be playing college hockey next year (so no fights) and he will be working on his game a lot more, Babs loves the kid, his only problem is hee takes a lot of penalties, so going to college hockey should fix that and we should see him in 2-3 years

well he will be playing college hockey next year (so no fights) and he will be working on his game a lot more, Babs loves the kid, his only problem is hee takes a lot of penalties, so going to college hockey should fix that and we should see him in 2-3 years

Where is McKee playing college hockey at?

A guy who can crash the net, hit, fight, protect his teammates, and score dirty goals.... Yea who needs him.

It isn't really a question of would we like to have him, it's do we want to pay him $6 million a year for 7 years.

Do people not understand how bad a cap hit that is for a player like Clarkson. If you paid him, he'd be making basically the same money as Zetterberg ... does that seem logical, to anyone?

Edited by stillwater

Guest Crymson

As I statistically laid out in another thread, Clarkson is very overrated and not at all worth the sum he is asking. Do your own research instead of buying right into the hype, people.

In other news, I hate foruming on a phone.

As I statistically laid out in another thread, Clarkson is very overrated and not at all worth the sum he is asking. Do your own research instead of buying right into the hype, people.

In other news, I hate foruming on a phone.

Try doing it on a tablet when Tapatalk is crushing half the time. The only reason why it works for me is because I have bought a keyboard for it sorry for ot