• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

evilzyme

Wings buy out Colaiacovo, will keep Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

LOL its comments like these that make me love this board

...it is so unfortunate when the "woe is this team" or "Holland sucks" comments outweigh the good ones.

I mean, this horrible, god-awfully managed team was one game away from the WCF. God we suck and so does Holland. Glad to know we can gripe just as loudly and as obnoxiously as other fans of other teams in the league. Way to go Wings Fans.

...it is so unfortunate when the "woe is this team" or "Holland sucks" comments outweigh the good ones.

I mean, this horrible, god-awfully managed team was one game away from the WCF. God we suck and so does Holland. Glad to know we can gripe just as loudly and as obnoxiously as other fans of other teams in the league. Way to go Wings Fans.

Yes, because the signings Holland made had so much to do with that.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

lashoff is AHL garbage. detroit would be better off if he never wore the winged wheel again.

plus, there's no reason to buy out cola unless you...you know...actually need cap space to sign a UFA. and if that's the case, buy out samuelsson for the love of god.

Agreed. Wishing injury to a Red Wing ranks right up there on the classless list too.

"I mean, this horrible, god-awfully managed team was one game away from the WCF. God we suck and so does Holland. Glad to know we can gripe just as loudly and as obnoxiously as other fans of other teams in the league. Way to go Wings Fans."

Chicago underplayed and we overplayed, simple as that. They did win the cup after all. At least other teams are trying to make changes. Holland isn't going to make any changes, other than letting Flipulla leave for nothing (just like Hudler). The Wings roster is massive right now. Paying two players 3 million a season is idiotic when you have 14 forwards already. Why not pay one player 6 million! And guess what, that one player might actually SCORE a GOAL.

Yes, because the signings Holland made had so much to do with that.

Maybe because he knew signing players wasn't going to make a difference? Maybe he wanted to give the kids a chance? Maybe he didn't have the go-ahead to trade away assets for players like Iginla, Murray, Morrow, Jagr, Clowe, etc. ...that all worked out in the end anyway, huh?

I understand the frustration behind the "HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING" mentality... but we have a team that consistently makes the playoffs and doesn't draft high. WTF DO YOU WANT?!

oh right... We Want The Cup.

Maybe because he knew signing players wasn't going to make a difference? Maybe he wanted to give the kids a chance? Maybe he didn't have the go-ahead to trade away assets for players like Iginla, Murray, Morrow, Jagr, Clowe, etc. ...that all worked out in the end anyway, huh?

I understand the frustration behind the "HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING" mentality... but we have a team that consistently makes the playoffs and doesn't draft high. WTF DO YOU WANT?!

Yes and then lately get's ousted in the 1st or 2nd round

Edited by Hockeymom1960

So by your logic, he purposely signs players like Samuelsson to a 3M per year deal WITH no trade clause......Tootoo for 2M a year (wouldn't have gotten more then 1M with any other team) who was scratched a lot of the season and all of the playoffs......because he knew it wouldn't make a difference?

Guess you can't really argue with that. God knows they sure as hell didn't make a difference and I guess that.....was.....Holland's.....plan?

I am so confused by our roster right now. Colaiacovo played well (when he wasn't injured, obviously) and gets bought out, leaving us with 7 defensemen.

We don't buy out any forwards, re-sign Miller and plan on re-signing Cleary and Brunner. Including Andersson, Nyquist and Tatar that gives us 16 forwards and we STILL can't properly fill the top 2 lines.

Lovely.

Yes and then lately get's ousted in the 1st or 2nd round

Understood. Even acknowledged. (See: Last sentence of my last post)

I understand it's an internet sports forum but people just bring me down and I get feisty when people ***** and moan about how horrible this team is managed, coached, on the ice, etc.

Do I think re-signing Clears is the best option? HELL NO. Do I understand why a guy like that might be re-signed? YES.

Do I want change and think there are better options? YES. Do I understand what keeping on a proven player might mean to a team? YES.

...but am I going to act like the sky is falling, that I know better than a man who's worked for (how many?!) years in the league, that doesn't sign players to ridiculous contracts only to buy them out a couple years latter because they were s***ty signings in the first place... I mean, I could go on and on. Literally.

We don't have Feaster, we don't have Snow, we don't have Gillis, we don't have Sather, we don't have Holmgren...

Whatever happened to the lovely LGW fav: "In Kenny We Trust" ??

Oh. Right.

It was replaced by: <sarcasm>"We like our team." </sarcasm>

Then why re-sign Cleary? There goes Tatar's spot, and $3 mil? That has to be a typo. That's absurd for a guy on the decline who has been injured for 3 years. I'm ok with not getting Lecavalier, Horton, Clarkson, even Weiss or Ryder, but I do not want Cleary taking up a kids roster spot that provides more offence, spark and can grind out an 82 game schedule. Sometimes it's just time to move on.

I am so confused by our roster right now. Colaiacovo played well (when he wasn't injured, obviously) and gets bought out, leaving us with 7 defensemen.

We don't buy out any forwards, re-sign Miller and plan on re-signing Cleary and Brunner. Including Andersson, Nyquist and Tatar that gives us 16 forwards and we STILL can't properly fill the top 2 lines.

Lovely.

Apparently Kenny was supposed to trade someone.

Lovely.

I almost would rather have seen Quincey bought out, if Colo weren't so injury prone; Quincey's cap hit is higher not to mention he has been a huge disappointment thus far, he provides almost nothing offensively and is not physical enough, especially for a guy who's supposed to be in the top-4 and being paid the 2nd most among our d-men

as for the forwards, we can only hope Holland at least has some sort of contingency plan to get us to the 14 forwards the team plans to carry; I just hope he picks the right 14

Sammy is claiming injury so he can't be bought out according to freep

Where are you reading this? We claimed he was healthy. So he's going to fight the team? Does he think he's going to get playing time that way? Or another overpriced contract after pulling this?

Commentary for Cleary:

Cleary skates down the left boards, trips over centre ice line, collects himself and continues down the boards. He hits the blue line with mediocre speed and gets the puck as close as he can to his favorite shooting are, top of the circle, puck literally touching the boards, and he sends a wrister to the net......bread basket! We never saw that coming!

Don't forget the trusty once in a while breakaway where he manages to shoot the puck into the corner despite nobody near him ;)