• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

evilzyme

Wings buy out Colaiacovo, will keep Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

Waivers?? Jk..... Actually wouldn't surprise me

He's stated he won't play another season in the AHL. Of course, now I can't find the quote. But he feels he's earned his spot with the parent club (which he has) and doesn't want to spend another season in Grand Rapids.

He's stated he won't play another season in the AHL. Of course, now I can't find the quote. But he feels he's earned his spot with the parent club (which he has) and doesn't want to spend another season in Grand Rapids.

I'm almost 100 percent sure that he's outta options anyways meaning he isn't waiver exempt

1. Find some way to get rid of Samuelsson

2. Let Valerie walk.

3. Let Cleary walk, or sign him to a short, cheaper contract, and reduce his role to that of a bottom 6er.

4. Trade Emmerton for a pack of hockey cards.

5. Let White walk (pretty much a given at this point).

6. Sign Eric Nystrom.

7. Sign Ryane Clowe.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Franzen

Tatar-Nyquist-Clowe

Abdelkader-Helm-Brunner

Andersson-Nystrom-Tootoo

Betuzzi/Eaves

Can't we just put Sammy on LTIR? How can we still keep Tatar Sauce (I know, bad nickname right???)

We let Filp walk, then try to trade Emmerton for a cardboard cutout of Parise. But seriously, the only way I see Tatar making this roster is if Helm doesn't return.

Well if they resign Cleary you can probably say goodbye to Tatar too.

Tatar is safe. When asked about which of the young guys will be permanent Red Wings next season Holland said, "Tatar, Nyquist, Andersson, Dekeyser, and Lashoff." It was on that hour special Q&A hosted by Mickey Redmond a few days back.

1. Find some way to get rid of Samuelsson

2. Let Valerie walk.

3. Let Cleary walk, or sign him to a short, cheaper contract, and reduce his role to that of a bottom 6er.

4. Trade Emmerton for a pack of hockey cards.

5. Let White walk (pretty much a given at this point).

6. Sign Eric Nystrom.

7. Sign Ryane Clowe.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Franzen

Tatar-Nyquist-Clowe

Abdelkader-Helm-Brunner

Andersson-Nystrom-Tootoo

Betuzzi/Eaves

So let White walk despite just losing another d man, and sign two forwards? Not a good idea really

If Cleary gets 3 mill I think I will officially rage. The guy should be in the 1.5-2mill TOPS. Any more than that and Kenny is throwing money down the toilet. Although I must re-state we should NOT be re-signing him to ANY contract

Acording to Capgeek, Cleary made $3M last year. You want him to take a 50% pay cut. Did you watch the playoffs this year? He was really good.

Rage away

Acording to Capgeek, Cleary made $3M last year. You want him to take a 50% pay cut. Did you watch the playoffs this year? He was really good.

Rage away

Statistically he was, however he wasn't that good. It does help when you get to play with D and Z when you really shouldn't be. Brunner played third line minutes and still managed to have the same amount of points. We would have probably done better if Brunner played on the 2nd line but our 3rd line would have sucked because Cleary was on it instead and he would not have had 10 points.

Statistically he was, however he wasn't that good. It does help when you get to play with D and Z when you really shouldn't be. Brunner played third line minutes and still managed to have the same amount of points. We would have probably done better if Brunner played on the 2nd line but our 3rd line would have sucked because Cleary was on it instead and he would not have had 10 points.

Flawed logic. You gotta give credit to Cleary where it is due. Franzen and Filppula both spent significant time playing with Z and Pavel during the playoffs and neither of them did anything offensively.

Flawed logic. You gotta give credit to Cleary where it is due. Franzen and Filppula both spent significant time playing with Z and Pavel during the playoffs and neither of them did anything offensively.

Yea regardless of how good Cleary was I'm one playoff run he does not help this team moving forward and is just extra cap on the team inhibiting us signing a young forward or bringing someone up. We need to get younger not get older.

Yea regardless of how good Cleary was I'm one playoff run he does not help this team moving forward and is just extra cap on the team inhibiting us signing a young forward or bringing someone up. We need to get younger not get older.

I agree to an extent. The price and term for me is the biggest factor regarding Cleary. I think he's valuable enough to the team to bring back, provided he plays in a lesser role. However, that requires Holland making moves in free agency to shore up the top-six and that doesn't appear very likely right now. The Red Wings are getting younger regardless, though it's asking a lot to throw Nyquist and Tatar in major roles right away expecting production. Despite Cleary's flaws physically, he's still reliable on the ice against the opposition's skilled forwards. The Wings' third line was largely successful in the playoffs because they were matched up against other third liners. I'm all for the youth as well, but you gotta be careful about putting them in positions to succeed.

I am chuckling at the lot of you who are putting your trust in Helene St. James.

Shes not a journalist, but she is a pretty good parrot. She doesn't have a critical thinking bone in her body and will just say what she is told by Holland and Co.

Cleary has been big for the Wings but he also has been out right terrible. At this point in his career i don't think he can be considered a top six guy anymore. Kenny needs to sign him to a 4.5 over 2 years deal. Im sorry but all he has is a ton of heart and as much as this team needs that it just isn't worth anymore money.

Shes not a journalist, but she is a pretty good parrot. She doesn't have a critical thinking bone in her body and will just say what she is told by Holland and Co.

Isn't that a reporter's job: to report what she learns/hears without bias?

Hell Sammy deserves to be on LTIR. He sure as hell has been injured for a long term.

I wonder, if he does become healthy in the future -- and if the level of his play / roster spot crunch determines that he doesn't fit with the club -- whether it is possible to still bury a player and their cap hit in the minors?

I feel like I've asked this before on here, but of course I can't remember the answer...

In any case, it seems to me that burying him would be better than exposing a young player to the waiver wire, considering there's little chance Sammy would be resigned again (though who knows)

Isn't that a reporter's job: to report what she learns/hears without bias?

No, if that was what a reporter did there would be no need for learning journalism. The point of being a reporter is to be able to think, make connections, dig, not just take everything at face value and parrot.

Guest The Axe

Would be cool if Holland came out tomorrow and said "they had their chance" and let Flip, Brunner, and Cleary go. These guys are small potatoes. Last year, they cost us 7 million. Next year, 10 million. Mo thanks. I'd rather have Horton and Clarkson for 6.5 million each (13 mil) than Flip at 4, Cleary at 3, Brunner at 3, and Sammy at 3. Holland is so fricking dumb.