• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

evilzyme

Wings buy out Colaiacovo, will keep Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

What does naming current guys in office have anything to do with my point?

You can find countless articles stating Andersson and Nill are the primary guys responsible for the current top players on our team. In fact, Holland has admitted this many times.

Instead of asking me to name off names for the sake of it, why don't you tell me specific guys or moves you know Holland directly made that were good for our organization?

A couple I named, Babcock is another, Bertuzzi was good a few years back.

point is, the credit this guy gets for past success is going to the wrong people.

Can you name picks from any GM? Holland is the manager, not a scout. His job is to know when to trust the scouts, who to hire, and who to sign and trade. He has a better track record than anyone else this era.

Can you name picks from any GM? Holland is the manager, not a scout. His job is to know when to trust the scouts, who to hire, and who to sign and trade. He has a better track record than anyone else this era.

Great, so we can agree then he's done an awesome job "trusting his scouts". Bang up job on the trust factor Kenny!

And again, most front office was in place PRE-Holland days, so not much credit there, and yeah, in terms of "signing and trading", aside from the obvious decisions, he's not responsible for many good moves. I mean, does it really take a "great GM" to ensure a guy like Dats is locked up?

Would be cool if Holland came out tomorrow and said "they had their chance" and let Flip, Brunner, and Cleary go. These guys are small potatoes. Last year, they cost us 7 million. Next year, 10 million. Mo thanks. I'd rather have Horton and Clarkson for 6.5 million each (13 mil) than Flip at 4, Cleary at 3, Brunner at 3, and Sammy at 3. Holland is so fricking dumb.

Allowing both Brunner and Cleary to walk is extremely risky with no guarantee of signing either Clarkson or Horton, let alone both. It's pretty clear the Red Wings have no intention of paying for Clarkson's demands (rightfully so) and there have been reports stating Horton wants to play somewhere warm. What happens when neither comes to Detroit? Then you end up signing roster filler again like Samuelsson or sitting on a ton of cap space.

Edited by GoWings1905

half playoff series?

Cleary was good all through this playoffs. Like I said, he was more of a factor with a separated shoulder then Flip and Mule.

It certainly won't kill me if they don't re-sign him but he still has some value in a Holmstrom like role. Cleary is not afraid to go to any part of the ice and battle for the puck. It's often ugly but it's more effective than people give him credit for.

He didn't simple stand around and have pucks hit him. He did the dirty work a lot of guys don't. The concern for me with Cleary is always his health. If he stays healthy he's probably good for 30ish points.

If he ends up on the top lines again, that's more Holland's fault for not giving Babcock better players to work with, especially if he's stuck with an injured Bertuzzi and Samuelsson again.

I guess I'm saying what happens with Cleary isn't going to be a large part of what I think of Holland's moves this offseason.

You just compared Cleary to one player even the Wings wont resign, and another who everyone on here ******* about being a floater, so basically Cleary is the tallest midget? Homer retired about 2 years to late as well, so again to me a bad comparison for your point.

Also Cleary in the Ducks series, did actually have goals bounce off of him, and he is never healthy so the only word you can use is probably. Other than that he takes up a roster spot for someone, faster, bigger, better defensively, offensively, younger, any combination or any single attribute still makes whatever rookie more valuable, not to mention what $3 + would get you is better than Cleary (unless it's Sammy).

If he ends up on any line that is both Holland and Babcocks fault and I will immediately believe they do not want to ice the best team possible. What I'm saying is Cleary at $500k is to large of a part for him to play in Hollands offseason plan, at anywhere near $3 million dollars is a big part of his off season plans, in that he once again didn't plan on doing his job.

Edited by ben_usmc

No, if that was what a reporter did there would be no need for learning journalism. The point of being a reporter is to be able to think, make connections, dig, not just take everything at face value and parrot.

You're confusing sports reporting with investigative journalism. Helen St. James is paid to tweet/report what Holland and others in the Wings organization say. Facts are important, even if they're lies. If you want "sports" editorials, read Mitch Albom.

Guest DeGraa55

Not sure how that benefits the Red Wings. Saving it for the trade deadline never works, between the prices to obtain players and Holland's inability to make an impactful trade recently.

Isn't it great. Instead of signing useful players and debating we should get. Now we can debate what's better guys. Sitting on Cap space or signing the likes of cola and Sammy to two year deals.

Wings have not said that he won't be bought out it says he may not be bought out. I would like him and Brunner back. They are wacked in the head if they keep Sammy he is done and Cleary wants to much

If Samuelsson successfully avoids a buyout by claiming injury, then he's a little ***** who should be punished through banishment to the minors.

First, I want Sammy bought out as much as anyone. That said, if I were Samuelsson, I would do everything in my power to avoid that fate. I think most everyone would.

Guest The Axe

Not sure how that benefits the Red Wings. Saving it for the trade deadline never works, between the prices to obtain players and Holland's inability to make an impactful trade recently.

You make a strong point.

Im ASSuming that Holland could pull off the combo of dumping out the trash creating cap space AND utilizing/maximizing that space at a later date. He cant do either of these, let alone both.

If Samuelsson successfully avoids a buyout by claiming injury, then he's a little ***** who should be punished through banishment to the minors.

I don't think Holland will do this. He was quoted weeks ago saying that getting a healthy Samuelsson was like picking up a UFA.

Plus, the deadline just expired for buyouts.

If Samuelsson suits up for the Wings in our opening day line-up this fall, I just don't know where Kenny's head is at. The guy can't play anymore, he showed that. He's washed up, overpaid and is a bum. I'd rather have us re-sign Darryl Bootland and put him on Datsyuks line to "play heavy" and "create space" then have Sammy as the god damn 13th forward.

As someone who watch Grand Rapids regularly, I find this idea displeasing.

I don't want him wasting a roster space with the Griffins. Send him to Toledo.

As someone who watch Grand Rapids regularly, I find this idea displeasing.

I don't want him wasting a roster space with the Griffins. Send him to Toledo.

That's what I'm saying. They've got a cup to defend.

If Samuelsson suits up for the Wings in our opening day line-up this fall, I just don't know where Kenny's head is at. The guy can't play anymore, he showed that. He's washed up, overpaid and is a bum. I'd rather have us re-sign Darryl Bootland and put him on Datsyuks line to "play heavy" and "create space" then have Sammy as the god damn 13th forward.

Hey, Bootland scored 20 goals the last two seasons. He's improved since he left the Odessa Jackalopes.

I'm all for it.

Guest Crymson

First, I want Sammy bought out as much as anyone. That said, if I were Samuelsson, I would do everything in my power to avoid that fate. I think most everyone would.

I wouldn't have the gall to do so after having such a piss-poor, injury-filled season and seeing my team improve without me.

I don't think Holland will do this. He was quoted weeks ago saying that getting a healthy Samuelsson was like picking up a UFA. Plus, the deadline just expired for buyouts.

That's quite a paraphrase.

In case it hasn't been posted already, it's official.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/07/carlo_colaiacovo_clears_waiver.html

Colaiacovo cleared waivers and was bought out. It gives the Wings $2.5 million of cap space and the Wings pay two-thirds of his salary $1.9 million.

So he made whatever his pro-rated $2.15 mill for last season was, plus another $1.9 for playing a total of 6 regular season and 9 playoff games as a Red Wing.

I wouldn't have the gall to do so after having such a piss-poor, injury-filled season and seeing my team improve without me.

The guy can't help he got injured. Besides, no one thinks, "Gosh, the Wings singed me to a multi-year contract, but I got hurt the first year. I suppose I should just give up on the whole contract. Boo hoo."