• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

evilzyme

Wings buy out Colaiacovo, will keep Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

That's the problem though, we don't play him in the bottom 6. He played in the TOP 6 every game he played, which is obviously quite ridiculous and yet another reason why I and most others don't want him back

Hopefully there will be far less injuries next year. I also think with Tatar coming up, at least one of our young third liners will be bumped up to a top 6 winger role. No?

I think using a buyout on Carlo is a waste. IMHO, he was one of our top 4 defensemen in the playoffs, and is paid less than at least one guy who he outplayed (Quincy). I think he could and would crack our lineup even with DeKeyser back. Now, we are relying on Smith to step it up and Quincy to play to his potential every night vs. having a guy that came in and played rock solid in our back pocket. And we're doing this why? To keep Samuelsson?? WTF???

I agree 100%. Colo actually did something this past season and is in a position of need. Sammy did literally nothing for us, costs us more and plays a position we're log jammed at already. I'm not sure why they're keeping him. He's not good enough to be top 6 and if he plays the bottom 6, he'll take away a roster spot from one our younger players that should be with the big club. I really hope there's a trade in the works here.

So...Let me get this straight...We got 2 guys...When healthy - one is actually pretty useful, and we're getting rid of him, and the other when healthy is...Well...We're gonna keep him.....Makes sense :blink:

Not to sound harsh.....Cleary - Bertuzzi - Samuelsson should not be Red Wings at the start of the 2013/2014 NHL season.

Pretty much. Holland is obsessed with old geysers who aren't that good anymore. Did Bertuzzi or Samuelsson even play last season? Why are they being given another chance to get injured?

I remember Cleary playing, because we all made countless jokes about him throughout the year, but he actually played well in the playoffs. But still, its time to be fully committed to a youth movement. We'd have enough veterans with Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall to have a balanced lineup with experience and youth.

He's not 37, he's 34.

He moves like he's 44. Ric Flair is in better shape than him.

Pretty much. Holland is obsessed with old geysers who aren't that good anymore. Did Bertuzzi or Samuelsson even play last season? Why are they being given another chance to get injured?

I remember Cleary playing, because we all made countless jokes about him throughout the year, but he actually played well in the playoffs. But still, its time to be fully committed to a youth movement. We'd have enough veterans with Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall to have a balanced lineup with experience and youth.

I'd buy a Cleary jersey if he boarded somebody and went "WOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!"

I don't by any means think Jurco or Teemu are NHL ready...probably not even close. But they'd be a better option than a 3 mill Cleary. He skates like the Timbits at intermission, leaning on his stick for balance and falls over when grazed. I'm kind of done watching him play for Detroit.

2.5 is a great deal for us in regard to Brunner, I don't care if he wants 6 years. I thought he'd come in closer to 3, maybe even 3.5 to keep him...

But 3 per for Cleary?! WTF?!

Yeah, I'm not understanding that logic. A guy that's been hurt for 3 years, let's sign him to $3mil per when he's a bottom 6 player who played in the top 6 due to injuries. I won't be getting gamecenter next year if Cleary re-signs and takes Tatar's spot yet again. He's old news.

Commentary for Cleary:

Cleary skates down the left boards, trips over centre ice line, collects himself and continues down the boards. He hits the blue line with mediocre speed and gets the puck as close as he can to his favorite shooting are, top of the circle, puck literally touching the boards, and he sends a wrister to the net......bread basket! We never saw that coming!

"Part of what influences the Wings as they prepare for this coming season is knowing they’ll have three young players pushing for spots in 2014-15, when Tomas Jurco, Riley Sheahan and Landon Ferraro are all expected to be ready for the NHL"

This is what makes me ok with not getting vinyl or making a big move.

Flair can take a bump and style and profile better than Clears as well.

I'd buy a Cleary jersey if he boarded somebody and went "WOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!"

:lol:

Holy Shnikies I just spit my beer all over my computer.

Kinda wanted to see Colaiacovo stay for a full season. Makes me sick that they will bring Cleary back for 3 years at 3 mil. No wonder he wont get a top 6 player he's too buys wasting money on f*cking Cleary. Holland's an idiot.

"Part of what influences the Wings as they prepare for this coming season is knowing they’ll have three young players pushing for spots in 2014-15, when Tomas Jurco, Riley Sheahan and Landon Ferraro are all expected to be ready for the NHL"

This is what makes me ok with not getting vinyl or making a big move.

You do know that you can only have six bottom six forwards right? You need two lines that can put the puck in the net, EVERY NIGHT. We have 3 legitimate top 6 forwards right now. Having 15 forwards signed is pretty useless when only 3 or 4 can score a goal on a regular basis.

An acquaintance of mine created a Dan Cleary Drinking Game, one of the rules state that you must finish your drink whenever Dan Cleary scores a goal.

Through the grapevine Dan Cleary somehow heard about this game and sent all of them glasses and autographed photos that said, "Drink up".

There is the possibility that Sammy is still claiming injury. Injured players can't be bought out.

Colaiacovo is a reasonable buyout. With DeKeyser ready for a full season, Kindl set with a 4 year deal, and Lashoff proving to be a reasonable 7th D, Cola is a logical buyout candidate.