• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#41 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

"Part of what influences the Wings as they prepare for this coming season is knowing they’ll have three young players pushing for spots in 2014-15, when Tomas Jurco, Riley Sheahan and Landon Ferraro are all expected to be ready for the NHL"

This is what makes me ok with not getting vinyl or making a big move.

#42 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Pretty much.  Holland is obsessed with old geysers who aren't that good anymore.  Did Bertuzzi or Samuelsson even play last season?  Why are they being given another chance to get injured?   

I remember Cleary playing, because we all made countless jokes about him throughout the year, but he actually played well in the playoffs.  But still, its time to be fully committed to a youth movement.  We'd have enough veterans with Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall to have a balanced lineup with experience and youth.

He moves like he's 44.  Ric Flair is in better shape than him.  

Flair can take a bump and style and profile better than Clears as well.

I'd buy a Cleary jersey if he boarded somebody and went "WOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!"

:lol:

Holy Shnikies I just spit my beer all over my computer.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#43 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

I'd buy a Cleary jersey if he boarded somebody and went "WOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!"

LOL its comments like these that make me love this board  

#44 Kindl Surprise

Kindl Surprise

Rookie

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

If we can get Brunner for 2.5 mil and there's guys like Tyler Bozak looking for 8 years @ 4.5... well I just hope we sign Brunner first

#45 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Kinda wanted to see Colaiacovo stay for a full season. Makes me sick that they will bring Cleary back for 3 years at 3 mil. No wonder he wont get a top 6 player he's too buys wasting money on f*cking Cleary. Holland's an idiot.

#46 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

"Part of what influences the Wings as they prepare for this coming season is knowing they’ll have three young players pushing for spots in 2014-15, when Tomas Jurco, Riley Sheahan and Landon Ferraro are all expected to be ready for the NHL"

This is what makes me ok with not getting vinyl or making a big move.

You do know that you can only have six bottom six forwards right? You need two lines that can put the puck in the net, EVERY NIGHT. We have 3 legitimate top 6 forwards right now. Having 15 forwards signed is pretty useless when only 3 or 4 can score a goal on a regular basis.

#47 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

I am gonna cry like a little girl if Samuelsson is not bought out and Cleary signs for 3 mill a year.

He's not that stupid....right?!

Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#48 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Cleary's knees won't last 3 years Kenny.

Let's hope,

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#49 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

An acquaintance of mine created a Dan Cleary Drinking Game, one of the rules state that you must finish your drink whenever Dan Cleary scores a goal.

Through the grapevine Dan Cleary somehow heard about this game and sent all of them glasses and autographed photos that said, "Drink up".

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#50 Jedi

Jedi

Galmar Stone-Fist. Stormcloak. Wings Fan.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

There is the possibility that Sammy is still claiming injury. Injured players can't be bought out.

Colaiacovo is a reasonable buyout. With DeKeyser ready for a full season, Kindl set with a 4 year deal, and Lashoff proving to be a reasonable 7th D, Cola is a logical buyout candidate.

2cwlto0.jpg

#51 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Holland's an idiot.

If he really gives Cleary $3 million for another 3 seasons, I'll have to agree.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#52 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

LOL its comments like these that make me love this board  

...it is so unfortunate when the "woe is this team" or "Holland sucks" comments outweigh the good ones.

I mean, this horrible, god-awfully managed team was one game away from the WCF.  God we suck and so does Holland. Glad to know we can gripe just as loudly and as obnoxiously as other fans of other teams in the league.  Way to go Wings Fans.

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#53 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

It's Now or Never, Kenny....

• Silver Booster
  • 5,494 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

...it is so unfortunate when the "woe is this team" or "Holland sucks" comments outweigh the good ones.

I mean, this horrible, god-awfully managed team was one game away from the WCF.  God we suck and so does Holland. Glad to know we can gripe just as loudly and as obnoxiously as other fans of other teams in the league.  Way to go Wings Fans.

Yes, because the signings Holland made had so much to do with that. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#54 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

lashoff is AHL garbage.  detroit would be better off if he never wore the winged wheel again. 

plus, there's no reason to buy out cola unless you...you know...actually need cap space to sign a UFA.  and if that's the case, buy out samuelsson for the love of god.

#55 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Agreed. Wishing injury to a Red Wing ranks right up there on the classless list too.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#56 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

Signing an ailing and injury prone cleary to a 3 year deal is INSANE. I understand maybe 1 year but this is nuts - especially if Sammy can't be bought out. Its one or the other in my books. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#57 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

"I mean, this horrible, god-awfully managed team was one game away from the WCF.  God we suck and so does Holland. Glad to know we can gripe just as loudly and as obnoxiously as other fans of other teams in the league.  Way to go Wings Fans."

Chicago underplayed and we overplayed, simple as that. They did win the cup after all. At least other teams are trying to make changes. Holland isn't going to make any changes, other than letting Flipulla leave for nothing (just like Hudler). The Wings roster is massive right now. Paying two players 3 million a season is idiotic when you have 14 forwards already. Why not pay one player 6 million! And guess what, that one player might actually SCORE a GOAL.

#58 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

Yes, because the signings Holland made had so much to do with that. 

Maybe because he knew signing players wasn't going to make a difference?  Maybe he wanted to give the kids a chance?  Maybe he didn't have the go-ahead to trade away assets for players like Iginla, Murray, Morrow, Jagr, Clowe, etc.     ...that all worked out in the end anyway, huh?

I understand the frustration behind the "HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING" mentality... but we have a team that consistently makes the playoffs and doesn't draft high.   WTF DO YOU WANT?! 

oh right... We Want The Cup.

#59 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,019 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

Maybe because he knew signing players wasn't going to make a difference?  Maybe he wanted to give the kids a chance?  Maybe he didn't have the go-ahead to trade away assets for players like Iginla, Murray, Morrow, Jagr, Clowe, etc.     ...that all worked out in the end anyway, huh?

I understand the frustration behind the "HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING" mentality... but we have a team that consistently makes the playoffs and doesn't draft high.   WTF DO YOU WANT?! 

oh right... We Want The Cup.

Yes and then lately get's ousted in the 1st or 2nd round

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 02 July 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#60 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

3M for Cleary is too much.

If we're not going to overplay players, lets be consistent.

But seriously... WTF is the story with Samuelsson?