1) i dont mind Sammy at 3 mil. Good signing.
...at the time, Sammy was an upgrade defensively to Hudler
2) i dont mind Tootoo at 2 mil. Good signing.
...at the time Tootoo brought the type of game we were missing since Downey, McCarty were here. Not out fault Babs doesn't like him
3) i dont mind Gustavsson at 2 mil. Good signing.
...he was better than both McCollum AND MacDonald, so this was an upgrade.
4) i dont mind Colo at 2.5 mil. Good signing.
...I don't recall many people liking this signing,
5) Bertuzzi's a beast. At 2 mil, he's a steal.
...Bert can be a beast, $2M isn't too much to waste. It turned out paying someone to be injured all year was a waste, but we paid Helm all year too...
6) White isn't bad. At 2 mil, he's a steal.
...again, at the time White was coming off a solid year. He was well worth it.
7) Quincey stinks. Why 3.75 mil, Kenny?
...no arguments here!
The Axe circa 2012:
1) We'd be better off spending 18 mil per on Suter and Parise.
...Parise was either staying in NJ or going to Minny...Detroit was never an option. Suter agreed to come to Detroit, but it got nixed by his wife and family ties. He will regret his deceision.
Now listen to me on 2013:
1) Buy out Sammy (compliance)
2) Buy out Bert (non-compliance)
3) Buy out Colo (compliance)
4) Let Flip walk
5) Let Cleary walk
6) Resign Brunner 5 years/12.5 million.
7) Trade Almqvist and Frk to Buffalo at the deadline for Vanek.
8) Win the cup.
Agree for the most part, I would keep Bert, he may end up LTIR anyhow, so no cap hit. Also, I would keep Frk, plenty of others you could put in there to get Vanek.
Edited by LeftWinger, 03 July 2013 - 09:16 AM.