• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Yeah plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but I just realized we're past the stage for normal buyouts regardless. Not just Compliance. So trades it is...

it seems normal buyout are still feasible.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#122 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

Actually, it's far more likely that the term fan came from a shortened version of the word, "fanciers" given the era in which it was coined - the early 1900s.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Definition of FAN
1: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator
2: an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit) <science-fiction fans>
Origin of FAN
probably short for fanatic
First Known Use: 1682

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#123 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Vanek is younger and a much more effective goalscorer than Franzen. It doesn't get much softer than regular season Franzen. 

I heard Kyle Wellwood was softer than the Downy bear but I'm with you Franzen is beyond useless physically in the regular season.

Hard to trade the rights of a player who was destined for free agency.

How's that? Happens every year....just ask Paul Holmgren...or Mark Streit

Edited by achildr1, 13 July 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#124 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Can this be the panic thread too?

#125 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

How's that? Happens every year....just ask Paul Holmgren...or Mark Streit

Streit was willing to make a deal before Free Agency....as evidenced by him actually doing so.

Flip told the Wings and all potential suitors that he was not willing to sign any deals until free agency started. Teams are only going to give up a pick if they are given at least a short period of exclusive bargaining.

Flip actually prevented us from getting anything in return for his rights.

#126 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Streit was willing to make a deal before Free Agency....as evidenced by him actually doing so.

Flip told the Wings and all potential suitors that he was not willing to sign any deals until free agency started. Teams are only going to give up a pick if they are given at least a short period of exclusive bargaining.

Flip actually prevented us from getting anything in return for his rights.

Holland had a chance to trade Flip. Missed it.

#127 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

Brunner is probably signing with NJ. As Wings fans we now have to hate him and do voodoo spells so he plays terrible and send diseased hookers to his hotel when they come to Detroit.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!