• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

I dont want to hear it anymore. Its an assinine argument to discuss millions of dollars and whos worth what.

Proof: We had Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Tootoo, and White RIDING THE FREAKING PINE IN THE PLAYOFFS. That's 8.5 MILLION DOLLARS doing nothing for us. NOTHING. Isn't it obvious NOW that our GM is an imbecil? So let's keep our discussions to "who benefits us more" instead of "what can we afford". Im sorry for the capgeek thread. Thats obviously not a helpful tool, as our buffoon GM only looks for loyalty points and not value.

"5 million is too steep for Lecavalier."

You had White and Sammy on the bench, so how's that?

"6 million is too steep for Horton."

You had White, Sammy, and Tootoo on the bench, so how's that?"

Is there anyone on this planet that believes healthy Bertuzzi/Sammuelsson/White/Tootoo playing in place of Nyquist/Eaves/Colo/Miller gets us by the Ducks and Blackhawks? Hell no.

So we must all come to the logical conclusion - money/salary cap is being poorly utilized. The problem is NOT that we dont have enough.

FIRE HOLLAND. HE STINKS.

#42 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

L....O....L

Don't be so modest...

... said the forklift driver.

#43 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,858 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

I dont want to hear it anymore. Its an assinine argument to discuss millions of dollars and whos worth what.

Proof: We had Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Tootoo, and White RIDING THE FREAKING PINE IN THE PLAYOFFS. That's 8.5 MILLION DOLLARS doing nothing for us. NOTHING. Isn't it obvious NOW that our GM is an imbecil? So let's keep our discussions to "who benefits us more" instead of "what can we afford". Im sorry for the capgeek thread. Thats obviously not a helpful tool, as our buffoon GM only looks for loyalty points and not value.

Is there anyone on this planet that believes healthy Bertuzzi/Sammuelsson/White/Tootoo playing in place of Nyquist/Eaves/Colo/Miller gets us by the Ducks and Blackhawks? Hell no.

So we must all come to the logical conclusion - money/salary cap is being poorly utilized. The problem is NOT that we dont have enough.

FIRE HOLLAND. HE STINKS.

Jesus. How hard is it to see that Samuelson, White, Tootoo, Bertuzzi, Quincey , etc are all signed to short term deals. Holland knows this. Is it a coincidence that Bert and Sammy's contracts are up next year when Ericcson's due for a raise, for example.

Clarkson, Horton, and Lecavalier all wanted minimum five year deals!!!! Understand? See the difference between those contracts and the guys I mentioned above.

I'm no Holland slappy, but use your friggin brain.

+ July 5th was Friday last time I checked.

Edited by rick zombo, 03 July 2013 - 11:32 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#44 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

It's Now or Never, Kenny....

• Silver Booster
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

FIRE HOLLAND. HE STINKS.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#45 MileHighWingsGuy

MileHighWingsGuy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

Jesus. How hard is it to see that Samuelson, White, Tootoo, Bertuzzi, Quincey , etc are all signed to short term deals. Holland knows this. Is it a coincidence that Bert and Sammy's contracts are up next year when Ericcson's due for a raise, for example.

Clarkson, Horton, and Lecavalier all wanted minimum five year deals!!!! Understand? See the difference between those contracts and the guys I mentioned above.

Well we did get some playoff value out of Quincey this last year all the others rode the bench collecting a salary KH signed them to while we lost to Chicago. Some of us would like to change what didn't work last year and perhaps get some production...Understand??

RedWing fan behind enemy lines

#46 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:46 AM

FIRE HOLLAND. HE STINKS.

You do realise that we have to have a 23 man roster, right?  So you do realise that when everyone is healthy we will have 3 guys riding the pine at any time, right?  And that those 3 guys are our back-ups in case of injury/loss of form, right?

Of course, we could have 3 guys who were cheaper, buy you do realise that they are likely to be much worse players, right?  And that when they have to actually play they'll be worse than what we've got, right? 

Or we could put 3 kids on the bench and waste away their development years by not actually playing them, but I'm sure this forum would be OK with that, right?

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#47 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

It will be Cleary, Weiss, and a few other doorknobs next year and the year after. You act like Holland isnt going tk repeat his mistakes. Homstrom. Bertuzzi. Cleary. Old old old old old. Babcock gets it. Holland does not. It took an epidemic of injuries to all our numbnutz old guys last year for the organization to finally see that 22 year olds play better hockey than 38 year olds.

You do realise that we have to have a 23 man roster, right?  So you do realise that when everyone is healthy we will have 3 guys riding the pine at any time, right?  And that those 3 guys are our back-ups in case of injury/loss of form, right?

Of course, we could have 3 guys who were cheaper, buy you do realise that they are likely to be much worse players, right?  And that when they have to actually play they'll be worse than what we've got, right? 

Or we could put 3 kids on the bench and waste away their development years by not actually playing them, but I'm sure this forum would be OK with that, right?

Im not advocating having 3 guys who need minor leage experience sit in the pressbox. Im just saying we dont need 10 million in salary up there either.

White, Colo, Bert, Sammy, Tootoo.

What a waste.

#48 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

FIRE HOLLAND. HE STINKS.

You know, maybe, just maybe, the cap era Red Wings aren't the team for you. 

#49 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,858 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Well we did get some playoff value out of Quincey this last year all the others rode the bench collecting a salary KH signed them to while we lost to Chicago. Some of us would like to change what didn't work last year and perhaps get some production...Understand??

Completely. We all want the team to be better.

But I wasn't talking about the production value/worth/quality of the the guys riding the pine. I was talking about how obvious it is that these guys that everyone complains about are all signed to short-term deals. We're only stuck with Bert and Sammy for one more year. ( for the record, I love Bert, hate Sammy)

People here complain about Franzen and the length of his contract. AXE being one of the head cheerleaders. Imagine tossing on a 5 year deal for Vinny @ 5M (he'd be 37 or 38 at the end of the deal) and a 7 year deal for Clarckson @ 6M + (he'd be the same age as Vinny at the end of the contract)

People moan about useless 36 or 37 year-old guys (Bert, Sammy) riding the bench and eating up a measly 5.5M in cap space?  Imagine, in five years, having 26M in cap space tied up in 5 players (Z, Kronwall, Mule, Vinny, Clarkson) all over the age of 37?

That's all I was ever saying.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#50 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

Completely. We all want the team to be better.

But I wasn't talking about the production value/worth/quality of the the guys riding the pine. I was talking about how obvious it is that these guys that everyone complains about are all signed to short-term deals. We're only stuck with Bert and Sammy for one more year. ( for the record, I love Bert, hate Sammy)

People here complain about Franzen and the length of his contract. AXE being one of the head cheerleaders. Imagine tossing on a 5 year deal for Vinny @ 5M (he'd be 37 or 38 at the end of the deal) and a 7 year deal for Clarckson @ 6M + (he'd be the same age as Vinny at the end of the contract)

People moan about useless 36 or 37 year-old guys (Bert, Sammy) riding the bench and eating up a measly 5.5M in cap space?  Imagine, in five years, having 26M in cap space tied up in 5 players (Z, Kronwall, Mule, Vinny, Clarkson) all over the age of 37?

That's all I was ever saying.

And then, according  to these same people, Holland would extend older and slower Vinny for 3 more at $5.25m per.

#51 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

You know, maybe, just maybe, the cap era Red Wings aren't the team for you. 

You know, maybe you just dont understand Scotty Bowman's influence.

Devellano, Andersson, Nill, and Bowman MUST have been our key components. Holland is a bumbling buffoon.

#52 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

You know, maybe you just dont understand Scotty Bowman's influence.

Devellano, Andersson, Nill, and Bowman MUST have been our key components. Holland is a bumbling buffoon.

Exactly my point. Holland is what you are left with. He's not going anywhere, so maybe there are teams out there with GM's you'd rather cheer for

#53 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Exactly my point. Holland is what you are left with. He's not going anywhere, so maybe there are teams out there with GM's you'd rather cheer for

So Holland gets a free pass for life?

So I have to cheer for another team because I dislike the GM?

Maybe by having you cheer for another team, the message will get through to ownership faster that the GM is incompetent. Then you can come back when our new GM is doing things that help us out.