• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

I think Brunner would be better used on the left wing for rebounds and one timers.

#2 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Sammy  :clap:

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#3 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Sammy  :clap:

angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#4 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

I think Brunner would be better used on the left wing for rebounds and one timers.

I agree. Didn't they take Brunner off the point towards the end?
Kindl's shot always seems to get through and it's pretty hard. I bet they'll try it. Dekeyser also has a pretty hard shot

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#5 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Kindl showed signs in the playoffs of becoming a decent PP quarterback, getting shots through and making smart passes. Wouldn't mind him playing the left point on the #1 PP.

#NOMOREKINDL

#6 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

I agree. Didn't they take Brunner off the point towards the end?
Kindl's shot always seems to get through and it's pretty hard. I bet they'll try it. Dekeyser also has a pretty hard shot

I liked our PP when Z was on the point and Brunner hanging around the circles/slot area. He's good at deflecting pucks and picking up rebounds. Just gotta get him signed... 

Otherwise I want us to have a 1A-1B powerplay next year. No more having a useless 2nd formation please. 

If we only have d-men on the points, I'd like to see Kronwall-Ericsson and Kindl-Dekeyser, with Smith jumping in if Ericsson or Dekeyser aren't doing a good enough job. 

#7 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

Kindl seems to have the gift of often getting his shots through traffic which is absolutely essential to any powerplay unit. I would like to see Kronner QB one unit and Kindl QB the other. I suppose watching and learning from Lidstrom has its benefits.

#8 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

I liked our PP when Z was on the point and Brunner hanging around the circles/slot area. He's good at deflecting pucks and picking up rebounds. Just gotta get him signed... 

Otherwise I want us to have a 1A-1B powerplay next year. No more having a useless 2nd formation please. 

If we only have d-men on the points, I'd like to see Kronwall-Ericsson and Kindl-Dekeyser, with Smith jumping in if Ericsson or Dekeyser aren't doing a good enough job. 

Z is also a little better and confident defensively so I would prefer to have him over Brunner at the point. Brunner in the slot is ideal.

#9 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

I'd like to see less point shots overall.  Other PPs seem to move the puck and create chances, we seem to throw it to the point and let one rip hoping for it to make it through or a lucky bounce to bury.  If our PP showed up against Chicago they don't win the cup.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#10 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

I'd like to see less point shots overall.  Other PPs seem to move the puck and create chances, we seem to throw it to the point and let one rip hoping for it to make it through or a lucky bounce to bury.  If our PP showed up against Chicago they don't win the cup.

I think our most effective PP is when we move the puck down low and try to find someone above the crease or in the slot with a quick pass. Goalies are just too good these days at tracking things down from the point. 

#11 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

Kindl seems to have the gift of often getting his shots through traffic which is absolutely essential to any powerplay unit. I would like to see Kronner QB one unit and Kindl QB the other. I suppose watching and learning from Lidstrom has its benefits.

This is pretty much how I see it. I'd rather either Smith or DeKeyser (played some PP at the end) with Kronwall. Both Kindl and Kronwall seem to like to shoot, and as has been mentioned, Brunner might be better served by the left-side half boards. I don't think the Red Wings do nearly enough cross-crease stuff on the PP.

#12 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

This is pretty much how I see it. I'd rather either Smith or DeKeyser (played some PP at the end) with Kronwall. Both Kindl and Kronwall seem to like to shoot, and as has been mentioned, Brunner might be better served by the left-side half boards. I don't think the Red Wings do nearly enough cross-crease stuff on the PP.

Smith or DeKeyser for sure with Kronwall. Smith needs time to develop (almost more than Deke if that is possible). Smith is prone to errors and Deke plays a very safe game and has the more accurate shot between the two. I think they will both see a fair share of PP time. Brunner is best off on the left side to have the inside shot, but to be totally honest, he doesn't impact the PP in a hugely significant manner. 

Edited by superstarsingh, 03 July 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#13 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

Kindl hits the net with immaculate consistency.  I don't care what else happens on the PP, but Brunner (assuming he signs) should definitely be on LW and our PP should revolve 66% around Kindl getting shots through to the net from the point.  He was better on the PP last year than Kronwall.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#14 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

I agree with all of you on Kindl being able to get it through from the point. That's important on the pp. If abby improves at being the net front presence, this could work out well.

#15 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

I agree with all of you on Kindl being able to get it

Tell me more about how Kindl can get it, Axe. :lol:

Sorry, #BrunnerWatch2013 has me feeling a little punchy.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#16 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Tell me more about how Kindl can get it, Axe. :lol:

I might have to ask hockeymom if she wants to entertain a 3rd! ;-)

Sorry, #BrunnerWatch2013 has me feeling a little punchy.