• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
P. Marlowe

Stoll Taken to Hospital After Suffering Seizure

Rate this topic

Los Angeles Kings center Jarret Stoll was rushed to the hospital early Wednesday morning after suffering a seizure in his home, Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi told the Los Angeles Times.

Stoll reportedly underwent several tests and is expected to be released later in the day.

“Everything is OK. They've run some tests and they still had another one to run,” Lombardi told The Times. “The bottom line is that he's fine.”

Stoll was concussed by a Raffi Torrest hit in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals and missed significant time in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. He would return for the Game 1 of the Western Conference Final against the Chicago Blackhawks.

Stoll does have a history with concussions as he also missed the final 30 games of the 2007 season due to a concussion while playing for the Edmonton Oilers.

TSN.ca

Edited by P. Marlowe

Scary stuff. At what point does the recklessness of a guy like Raffi Torres overshadow his contribution to the point of giving him a sort of permanent ban? Same thing with a guy like Cooke. Is it really worth risking the careers of other players because of destructive, repeat-offender 3rd/4th line plugs? I mean there has to be some equation whereby the number of suspensions/games lost by the victimized player as result of your actions divided by your ice time, point production, etc. equals expulsion.

Just a thought. Carry on....

Guest DeGraa55

Scary stuff. At what point does the recklessness of a guy like Raffi Torres overshadow his contribution to the point of giving him a sort of permanent ban? Same thing with a guy like Cooke. Is it really worth risking the careers of other players because of destructive, repeat-offender 3rd/4th line plugs? I mean there has to be some equation whereby the number of suspensions/games lost by the victimized player as result of your actions divided by your ice time, point production, etc. equals expulsion.

Just a thought. Carry on....

Good lord really? Its fine that someone is on your s*** list but there's no need to continue to blow stuff out of proportion. Have they had questionable hits? Yes EVEN PLAYERS HAVE when we had guys the still hit. But its not intentional.

This may put his career at risk if it is persistent. People at risk of persistent seizures most often have their driver's license taken away, as well playing a high stakes sport might be considered too much of a risk. Imagine if he had a seizure on-ice in the middle of a game - it could be very dangerous for him.

Good lord really? Its fine that someone is on your s*** list but there's no need to continue to blow stuff out of proportion. Have they had questionable hits? Yes EVEN PLAYERS HAVE when we had guys the still hit. But its not intentional.

It's not "intentional" to end a player's career, but when you see people like Cooke who have been known for headshots you can't tell me that's a mistake every time.

I hope he's alright! He played here during his WHL days and was always nice when he was at the house so even though he plays on a team I don't like, I've got a soft spot.

I'd hate to see his career end just when his team has been doing so well the past couple years.

Guest DeGraa55

It's not "intentional" to end a player's career, but when you see people like Cooke who have been known for headshots you can't tell me that's a mistake every time.

Yes and no. Everything's happens at a high speed. Now does he have questionable hits? Yesany players do. Some people hit high every time kronwall for instance would be known for it if he was two nor three inches taller. Its just how he hits.

Torres and Cooke have actually been fined and suspended for clean hits its not their fault people don't pay attention. When you got guys who like to hit on the ice don't skate with your head down.

Yes and no. Everything's happens at a high speed. Now does he have questionable hits? Yesany players do. Some people hit high every time kronwall for instance would be known for it if he was two nor three inches taller. Its just how he hits.

Torres and Cooke have actually been fined and suspended for clean hits its not their fault people don't pay attention. When you got guys who like to hit on the ice don't skate with your head down.

Kronwall has definitely had a few questionable hits. For guys that hit a lot sometimes things happen in a fast game.

Torres, however, has gone far beyond that. The guy's a serial headhunter and a dirty player.

Guest DeGraa55

Kronwall has definitely had a few questionable hits. For guys that hit a lot sometimes things happen in a fast game.Torres, however, has gone far beyond that. The guy's a serial headhunter and a dirty player.

Yes and no. He has very few hits that are dirty. Its just like with the Cooke incident on karlsson last year. People see the name Cooke and freak out. When it was actually an accident. Same thing with Torres.

Yes and no. He has very few hits that are dirty. Its just like with the Cooke incident on karlsson last year. People see the name Cooke and freak out. When it was actually an accident. Same thing with Torres.

Not really. Torres has a long sordid history. These aren't mere accidents and reputation calls.

Does he get a few of those reputation calls? Sure. But he's more than earned his reputation as a dirty player.

Now that San Jose has signed that dirtbag I hope they continue to win nothing in the postseason. And with the Wings in the East they'll be less exposed to his headhunting.

Here's a pretty good list that doesn't even include this seasons.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/04/18/sp-nhl-torres-hit-history.html

Guest DeGraa55

Link didn't work for me. Can you please fix id like to see. Cause from what I've seen its stuff because of his name. Nothing really dirty.

Link didn't work for me. Can you please fix id like to see. Cause from what I've seen its stuff because of his name. Nothing really dirty.

The link is working for me. Not sure why it isn't for you. hmm.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/04/18/sp-nhl-torres-hit-history.html

I'm not sure how to post it and not have it get shortened. You can google "CBC Torres hit history" and it should be the top result. Or "Raffi on the rampage" which is the name of the article.

Regardless, seizures are a strange scary thing. Stoll is a good player and extremely important to the Kings. Hope he's okay.

Whoa. Back up the truck here, folks.

Stoll has a history of concussions. It's one seizure. We don't know yet if any of his concussions caused it or if he will have more.

It could be a one-off thing. More than half of people who have a seizure don't have another one. If it is recurring, there are medications that can control seizures.

Seizures can be caused by dehydration or lack of sleep. It could be medication (I had seizures in high school due to a side effect of a med). Certain drugs can lower people's seizure threshold. Certainly head injury can do it, but it's not the only thing.

Yes, it is a concern. I've had them and I've been a home manager of a group home for people with developmental disabilities, many of whom had seizures. I realize that if you've never witnessed one before, it can be freaky.

They certainly can be serious, and some people have ones that resist treatment, but let's not put the cart before the horse here. Give the doctors time to examine him and run tests before we jump to conclusions.

Hopefully all goes well and this was an anomaly.

Whoa. Back up the truck here, folks.

Stoll has a history of concussions. It's one seizure. We don't know yet if any of his concussions caused it or if he will have more.

It could be a one-off thing. More than half of people who have a seizure don't have another one. If it is recurring, there are medications that can control seizures.

Seizures can be caused by dehydration or lack of sleep. It could be medication (I had seizures in high school due to a side effect of a med). Certain drugs can lower people's seizure threshold. Certainly head injury can do it, but it's not the only thing.

Yes, it is a concern. I've had them and I've been a home manager of a group home for people with developmental disabilities, many of whom had seizures. I realize that if you've never witnessed one before, it can be freaky.

They certainly can be serious, and some people have ones that resist treatment, but let's not put the cart before the horse here. Give the doctors time to examine him and run tests before we jump to conclusions.

Hopefully all goes well and this was an anomaly.

Good point. Apologies for letting my hate for Torres derail the thread. :lol:

back on topic!