• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Since Kenny tried to get Edler it's obvious that he could be looking at some help on "D".

If Boston wants some help od offense (Alfredsson/Iginla for exemple or to keep Horton), they could be trading some players such as : Rich Peverley, Chris Kelly or Johnny Boychuk (per James Mirtle) and we could also add McQuaid. I don't think that they will move Tyler Seguin so they are going to move someone else.

One player who could help us is Johnny Boychuk, RHD with a big shot, big hitter, can play on PP and PK, with a $3,366,667 cap hit for another 2 years... They could be looking for some picks/prospects since they might need to shed money.

Another player who could be also nice pickup is Kelly as Helm replacement. 

What would be the asking price?

Kronwall - Boychuk

DeKe - Smith

E - Kindl/Q

Your thoughts?

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#2 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Ference?

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#3 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Boychuk, yes please! Although i was of the thought that our d was set? 

#4 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Boychuk, yes please! Although i was of the thought that our d was set? 

Kenny made an offer for Edler.

Khan reported that Kenny is looking at top 2/3 Def... since the D-FA pool isn't deep he could be looking to trade for it.

Ference?

I like him but he's less offensive minded than Boychuk... I think that Ference could be back with Calgary.

EDIT:

http://www.mlive.com...free_agent.html

“Our goaltending is set, our defense is set,Holland said. "If we can get a top 2-3 defenseman, we'll look at it. They're hard to find.

http://www.mlive.com..._complianc.html

The free-agent market for defensemen is thin, but the Red Wings might continue exploring trades for a top-pair D-man. They made an offer for Vancouver's Alex Edler at the entry draft but the Canucks didn't move him before his no-trade clause took effect on Monday.

Edited by Dominator2005, 03 July 2013 - 07:14 PM.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#5 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Ference?

Pass. He got beat up by Crosby for God's sake. 

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#6 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

I'd love to have all those right handed forwards Boston seems to possess.  

Defensively, I'd take a Boychuk.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#7 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

Kronwall - Boychuk

DeKe - Smith

E - Kindl/Q

Your thoughts?

Egads, I seriously hope you don't consider Kindl & Q to be equals or worse than Smith at this point. Kindl is superior to them both.

#8 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

patrice-bergeron1.jpg

This guy would be the perfect 2nd line center for us.

Too bad it could never happen. Apparently he's close to an 8 year extension with the Bruins.

#9 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Egads, I seriously hope you don't consider Kindl & Q to be equals or worse than Smith at this point. Kindl is superior to them both.

I don't think that Babs will scratch Q.
Kindl played very good hockey but I still think that Smith will be solid player for us.

#10 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Why would Boston trade with us when they will be against us more often. I'm sure they wouldn't want to play against Boychuck.

#11 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Scuderi is headed to free agency. Wouldn't mind adding him.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#12 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Why would Boston trade with us when they will be against us more often. I'm sure they wouldn't want to play against Boychuck.

Very good point. I personally think Boychuk is their best Dman. I'd give up Smith for him and I'm still pretty high on that kid.

Scuderi would be good too.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#13 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

We NEED a 1st Line Sniper (Vanek).

We NEED a 2nd Line Banger (Clarkson).

We HAVE 10 NHL capable defensemen (Ericsson, Kronwall, Smith, Quincey, Kindl, DeKeyser, Lsshoff, Almqvist, Sproul, Ouelette).

Why is he still our GM? He is an idiot. Pull your head out, Holland. Its so obvious and so simple.

#14 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

What THE Fawk?

We NEED a 1st Line Sniper (Vanek).

We NEED a 2nd Line Banger (Clarkson).

We HAVE 10 Fawking NHL capable defensemen (Ericsson, Kronwall, Smith, Quincey, Kindl, DeKeyser, Lsshoff, Almqvist, Sproul, Ouelette).

Why is this Fawkhead still our GM? He is an idiot. Pull your head out, Holland. Its so obvious and so simple.

Stop circumventing the swear filter, and our current number one need is a second line center

#15 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Stop circumventing the swear filter, and our current number one need is a second line center

According to who?

We have 7 centers on our team (Z, Dats, Helm, Andersson, Emmerton, Franzen, Miller). If Flip and Cleary resign, then 9.

Why add another center?

#16 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

Almquist, Sproul and Ouellete are NHL ready? Says who?

#17 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Almquist, Sproul and Ouellete are NHL ready? Says who?

Me. So what are YOU saying? That we have 7? How many do we need? Perfect. You proved my point. Defense is not our need, currently.

#18 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

According to who?

We have 7 centers on our team (Z, Dats, Helm, Andersson, Emmerton, Franzen, Miller). If Flip and Cleary resign, then 9.

Why add another center?

Because most of those people are not capable of centering a second line, datsyuk and Zetterberg are the only two you listed I would be comfortable with. I would rather have them both in the top line and have a second line center for franzen

#19 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Because most of those people are not capable of centering a second line, datsyuk and Zetterberg are the only two you listed I would be comfortable with. I would rather have them both in the top line and have a second line center for franzen

I'd rather have 26 year old Fedorov back too. Trust me. But Ken Holland aint gonna get us a marquis player this year. He's going after Edler and Weiss. These guys are chumps. You shouldnt have to beg for scraps. Thats bad GM'ing. Good GM'ing is finding what you have too much of ( D and Small/skilled Euros) and trading for what you dont have enough of (Scorers and Big/Hitting North Americans). Thats why we ate all scratching our heads. We need 2 Fawking players to make this team a Stanley Cup winner. We need a guy like Vanek, and we need a guy like Clarkson. Kenny is going after Edler, Weiss, and Cleary. That's just foolish.

#20 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

I actually like Mule as a 2nd line center. Force him to work.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."