• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Help on "D" - Kenny should be calling Boston

Rate this topic

Since Kenny tried to get Edler it's obvious that he could be looking at some help on "D".

If Boston wants some help od offense (Alfredsson/Iginla for exemple or to keep Horton), they could be trading some players such as : Rich Peverley, Chris Kelly or Johnny Boychuk (per James Mirtle) and we could also add McQuaid. I don't think that they will move Tyler Seguin so they are going to move someone else.

One player who could help us is Johnny Boychuk, RHD with a big shot, big hitter, can play on PP and PK, with a $3,366,667 cap hit for another 2 years... They could be looking for some picks/prospects since they might need to shed money.

Another player who could be also nice pickup is Kelly as Helm replacement.

What would be the asking price?

Kronwall - Boychuk

DeKe - Smith

E - Kindl/Q

Your thoughts?

Boychuk, yes please! Although i was of the thought that our d was set?

Kenny made an offer for Edler.

Khan reported that Kenny is looking at top 2/3 Def... since the D-FA pool isn't deep he could be looking to trade for it.

Ference?

I like him but he's less offensive minded than Boychuk... I think that Ference could be back with Calgary.

EDIT:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/06/red_wings_meet_with_free_agent.html

“Our goaltending is set, our defense is set,Holland said. "If we can get a top 2-3 defenseman, we'll look at it. They're hard to find.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/07/red_wings_will_use_a_complianc.html

The free-agent market for defensemen is thin, but the Red Wings might continue exploring trades for a top-pair D-man. They made an offer for Vancouver's Alex Edler at the entry draft but the Canucks didn't move him before his no-trade clause took effect on Monday.

Edited by Dominator2005

Egads, I seriously hope you don't consider Kindl & Q to be equals or worse than Smith at this point. Kindl is superior to them both.

I don't think that Babs will scratch Q.

Kindl played very good hockey but I still think that Smith will be solid player for us.

Why would Boston trade with us when they will be against us more often. I'm sure they wouldn't want to play against Boychuck.

Very good point. I personally think Boychuk is their best Dman. I'd give up Smith for him and I'm still pretty high on that kid.

Scuderi would be good too.

Guest The Axe

We NEED a 1st Line Sniper (Vanek).

We NEED a 2nd Line Banger (Clarkson).

We HAVE 10 NHL capable defensemen (Ericsson, Kronwall, Smith, Quincey, Kindl, DeKeyser, Lsshoff, Almqvist, Sproul, Ouelette).

Why is he still our GM? He is an idiot. Pull your head out, Holland. Its so obvious and so simple.

What THE Fawk?

We HAVE 10 Fawking NHL capable defensemen (Ericsson, Kronwall, Smith, Quincey, Kindl, DeKeyser, Lsshoff, Almqvist, Sproul, Ouelette).

Why is this Fawkhead still our GM? He is an idiot. Pull your head out, Holland. Its so obvious and so simple.

Stop circumventing the swear filter, and our current number one need is a second line center

Guest The Axe

Stop circumventing the swear filter, and our current number one need is a second line center

According to who?

We have 7 centers on our team (Z, Dats, Helm, Andersson, Emmerton, Franzen, Miller). If Flip and Cleary resign, then 9.

Why add another center?

Guest The Axe

Almquist, Sproul and Ouellete are NHL ready? Says who?

Me. So what are YOU saying? That we have 7? How many do we need? Perfect. You proved my point. Defense is not our need, currently.

According to who?

We have 7 centers on our team (Z, Dats, Helm, Andersson, Emmerton, Franzen, Miller). If Flip and Cleary resign, then 9.

Why add another center?

Because most of those people are not capable of centering a second line, datsyuk and Zetterberg are the only two you listed I would be comfortable with. I would rather have them both in the top line and have a second line center for franzen

Guest The Axe

Because most of those people are not capable of centering a second line, datsyuk and Zetterberg are the only two you listed I would be comfortable with. I would rather have them both in the top line and have a second line center for franzen

I'd rather have 26 year old Fedorov back too. Trust me. But Ken Holland aint gonna get us a marquis player this year. He's going after Edler and Weiss. These guys are chumps. You shouldnt have to beg for scraps. Thats bad GM'ing. Good GM'ing is finding what you have too much of ( D and Small/skilled Euros) and trading for what you dont have enough of (Scorers and Big/Hitting North Americans). Thats why we ate all scratching our heads. We need 2 Fawking players to make this team a Stanley Cup winner. We need a guy like Vanek, and we need a guy like Clarkson. Kenny is going after Edler, Weiss, and Cleary. That's just foolish.

Guest Crymson

I'd love to have all those right handed forwards Boston seems to possess.

Defensively, I'd take a Boychuk.

You mean the guy who let the substantially smaller Bolland get inside position for the Cup-winning goal?

Boychuk is no defensive dynamo.

Edited by Crymson

You mean the guy who let the substantially smaller Bolland get inside position for the Cup-winning goal?

Right, because we only have mistake free defensemen on this roster.

He plays his ass off and is great at blocking shots and is a big body. I'm not saying he's the next Larry Robinson, but he'd be a good player to have in the lineup. I like him better than a Lashoff. The other young defensemen in the system are still a few years away from being ready.

We HAVE 10 NHL capable defensemen (Ericsson, Kronwall, Smith, Quincey, Kindl, DeKeyser, Lsshoff, Almqvist, Sproul, Ouelette).

Why is he still our GM? He is an idiot. Pull your head out, Holland. Its so obvious and so simple.

Vanek and clarkson would add about 12 mil in cap hit....

although a first line sniper would be nice and 2nd line center would cost less and allow Z and D to play on th same line.

AA maybe ready but XO and Sproul havent even played in the AHL

One of the most ridiculous posts ever.

Remember that time against Nashville when Lidstrom let Klein (or whoever) go right past him to the net and score a huge goal in the playoffs ? Good times.

You reference one incident for Boychuck not being a 'defensive dynamo' as you claim. Obviously you don't watch him on a regular basis, he is a very hard defense men to play against, you will see this year.