• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SwedeLundin77

Players of Interest

Rate this topic

Good God. Tyler Bozak is pretty atrocious. I would rather see Fil stay or Weiss brought in over him. "Reaching out" to Scuderi is not a bad thing at all. He has some size, gets in shooting lanes and is more physical that most of our lineup.

for defense

id go for ference at 3 yrs max (hes 34) and 2nd option would be 6'4 komisarek 1 yr 1 million, think hed be good on the 3rd pairing with say kindl , he was way overpayed in toronto but i think he could surprise here on the 3rd pairing

upfront

considering the ridiculous prices these players will get

id consider iginla on 2 yrs max

resigning brunner 10 mill 4 yrs max

morrow 2yrs max or clowe 3 yrs max

thats about it , pretty weak crop this year better off tryin to make deal (seguin in my dreams lol )

on a sidenote toronto was shopping phaneuf at one point , could be interesting to have him here for 1 year although he does have a really bad cap hit:( we'd have to throw in maybe quincey + in a deal to get him

kronwall ericsson

phaneuf dekeyser

kindl smith

just a thought

TSN also listed Detroit as one of the teams who reached out to Scuderi, but who knows in what capacity.

If the Kings were going to lose Scuderi I'd be happy for him to go to the Wings. He doesn't get enough credit for what he provides on their blueline.

It'd be interesting because he's a defensive #2 guy, similar to Ericsson but more experienced. So you could have Kronwall Scuderi, Ericsson-Smith, Kindl-Dekeyser? Plus Quincey and Lashoff somewhere in there. Even buying out Cola and letting White go, there's a logjam on defense.

But hopefully they'd move someone in a deal for a forward.

I'll be furious if we sign Ribeiro. He can play but my God, he has no sportsmanship whatsoever.

It's also been mentioned that we were kicking the tires on Alfredsson and Bozak. And I see it's already been mentioned...

Edited by skyphoenix

I'll be furious if we sign Ribeiro. He can play but my God, he has no sportsmanship whatsoever.

It's also been mentioned that we were kicking the tires on Alfredsson and Bozak. And I see it's already been mentioned...

According to Dreger Bozark is looking at slightly under 5 for 7 years, so hopefully the Wings are staying away from him. According to Leafs fans the guy is useless without Lupul and Kessel.

Grabovski is reportedly being bought out (as per Bob McKenzie's twitter). I don't think I'd really want him, but having one more top 6 player on the market might drive down prices at little bit. Hopefully.

Grabovski is reportedly being bought out (as per Bob McKenzie's twitter). I don't think I'd really want him, but having one more top 6 player on the market might drive down prices at little bit. Hopefully.

Wasn't he supposed to become their first line center? I think he wil go back to Russia

Grabovski is now available.

If Weiss is asking too much I think Grabovski just might be a decent alternative.

Wasn't he supposed to become their first line center? I think he wil go back to Russia

For whatever reason he just sorta fell outta favor with Carlyle.

EDIT - I'm thinking a 3, or 4 year deal that averages $3.5 to $4 million per season might be good enough to sign Grabovski (that is if Holland cannot sign Weiss, or he decides to go in a different direction).

He's certainly capable of playing the role of 2nd centerman/2nd pp unit...20 plus goals, and 50 plus pts are something we could expect from Garbo.

Well Carlyle absolutely hates guys that don't backcheck half the time even if they are forwards so I am really not surprised. Grabowski for 3,5 m 3 year max would be okayish nothing great but a nice stopgap but honestly I don't think he will come under 5 m.

If we sign Weiss and Brunner then we will be forced to move a forward even with one of our forwards on LTIR. I think this is why we haven't seen a Brunner signing yet. Holland wants to see what Weiss is asking first before making a decision and potentially deciding which bottom 6 forward to move to make room for these two guys. It would be one of Eaves, Tootoo, Emmerton that would have to go as Sammy and Bert are not going anywhere apparently.

Also I just don't see how we have room for Cleary next season with Sammy staying. Sammy is really throwing a wrench in Holland's plans.

Ference at 3.5 would be nice, but I feel like Ansar is lowballing his value. I like Weiss, but for 4.5 or 5 on a long term deal? I dunno about that one.

Ference is more of a 2.5-3 tops guy. He's a solid shutdown guy, but you want him at the #4-5 spot, preferably 5. He's like Scuderi with slightly less offensive upside. I'd like Weiss for 3 years 12-13mil.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but today TSN is reporting that the Wings have legit interest in Tyler Bozak. IMO Weiss would be the better option to replace Fil. Bozak is a pretty solid player don't get me wrong. But really only seemed to shine on a line with Kessel and Lupul. I would even say Ribeiro before Bozak

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but today TSN is reporting that the Wings have legit interest in Tyler Bozak. IMO Weiss would be the better option to replace Fil. Bozak is a pretty solid player don't get me wrong. But really only seemed to shine on a line with Kessel and Lupul. I would even say Ribeiro before Bozak

Lebrun reported that Bozak is asking for 8years and a bit under 5 m annually from the Leafs, this would be a huge mistake and an incredible overpayment. I'd rather have Weiss then but Bozak would still be better than Ribiero the guy just is an idiot.

I know I'm likely not gonna be happy by end of day tomorrow but I still can't help but get excited with free agency starting...can't stop refreshing rumor pages!

It is wierd isn't it? I know other teams are going to sign the big dogs but I can't help looking forward to this day, so much going on and TSN as always will be doing a fantastic job breaking down the newest trades and what not.

Also I am very interested to see where Clarkson and Horton are going to land.

I still think Iginla is a better option then Cleary. Paired with a good passer and Iggy could still put up big numbers. Sammy needs to go. Weiss at 5m scares me

Huge trade in the works. Boston and Dallas close on a deal sending Tyler Seguin to Stars for Loui Eriksson. Other parts involved as well.

So Loui will be in Boston now....great.

I still think Iginla is a better option then Cleary. Paired with a good passer and Iggy could still put up big numbers. Sammy needs to go. Weiss at 5m scares me

Huge trade in the works. Boston and Dallas close on a deal sending Tyler Seguin to Stars for Loui Eriksson. Other parts involved as well.

So Loui will be in Boston now....great.

They're already losing Horton and now Seguin? They'll be a defensive beast but they're losing out big up front.