So it appears we are exploring the following forward options:

1. Stephen Weiss

2. Mike Ribiero

3. Matt Cullen

4. Jerome Iginla

And on defense:

1. Andrew Ference

2. Marek Zidlicky

The thought is that if they acquire a defensemen this off-season, Quincey will probably be dealt.  I'm sure this is music to many ears, if winding up true.  I'm not sure I'd like Zidlicky, but I do like the idea of Ference, being that he is a steady  stay at home that could mentor some of the youth.  I'd like him over Quincey for sure.

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - DeKeyser

Ference - Smith

Lashoff

If this is allwe have to choose from then we're in trouble :eh:

#22 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

If this is allwe have to choose from then we're in trouble :eh:

Yah. I choose Brunner, Cleary, and Flip over those chumps.

#23 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m

I think Weiss would be No. 1 option for Detroit but Bozak in there as well.. Wings still talking to Fil as well...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

Lots of teams reached out on Alfredsson and while Boston is most aggressive, Detroit was among teams that also called (Swedish connections)

#NOMOREKINDL

#24 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

Yes to Weiss under 5mill per season. We can use a player with his quality - he can play a skilled or physical game depending on the situation and WINS faceoffs more often than not. Its a shame he isn't above 6 feet but he plays like it.

We don't need more "meh" wingers - we need a sure thing. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#25 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m

I think Weiss would be No. 1 option for Detroit but Bozak in there as well.. Wings still talking to Fil as well...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

Lots of teams reached out on Alfredsson and while Boston is most aggressive, Detroit was among teams that also called (Swedish connections)

I hope Val stays a Wing.  He's been here since he was a little Flipling, as my friend says. 

And I can't picture Alfie here, but the Swedish Connection might influence that.  Surely he'd pick Motown over Beantown, if it came to that.  I hope.  :)

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#26 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

Add Tyler Bozak to the list of players that have our interest according to TSN.

#27 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

TSN also listed Detroit as one of the teams who reached out to Scuderi, but who knows in what capacity.

Edited by Travis, 04 July 2013 - 09:41 AM.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#28 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

Good God. Tyler Bozak is pretty atrocious. I would rather see Fil stay or Weiss brought in over him. "Reaching out" to Scuderi is not a bad thing at all. He has some size, gets in shooting lanes and is more physical that most of our lineup.

#29 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

for defense

id go for ference at 3 yrs max (hes 34) and 2nd option would be 6'4 komisarek 1 yr 1 million, think hed be good on the 3rd pairing with say kindl , he was way overpayed in toronto but i think he could surprise here on the 3rd pairing

upfront

considering the ridiculous prices these players will get 

id consider iginla on 2 yrs max 

resigning brunner 10 mill 4 yrs max

morrow 2yrs max or clowe  3 yrs max

thats about it , pretty weak crop this year better off tryin to make deal (seguin in my dreams lol )

on a sidenote toronto was shopping phaneuf at one point , could be interesting to have him here for 1 year although he does have a really bad cap hit:( we'd have to throw in maybe quincey + in a deal to get him

kronwall ericsson

phaneuf dekeyser

kindl smith

just a thought

#30 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

hope weiss is okay with getting rid of that #9 ;) 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#31 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,875 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

TSN also listed Detroit as one of the teams who reached out to Scuderi, but who knows in what capacity.

If the Kings were going to lose Scuderi I'd be happy for him to go to the Wings.  He doesn't get enough credit for what he provides on their blueline. 

It'd be interesting because he's a defensive #2 guy, similar to Ericsson but more experienced.   So you could have Kronwall Scuderi, Ericsson-Smith, Kindl-Dekeyser?  Plus Quincey and Lashoff somewhere in there.  Even buying out Cola and letting White go, there's a logjam on defense.

But hopefully they'd move someone in a deal for a forward.

#32 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

I'll be furious if we sign Ribeiro. He can play but my God, he has no sportsmanship whatsoever.

It's also been mentioned that we were kicking the tires on Alfredsson and Bozak. And I see it's already been mentioned...

Edited by skyphoenix, 04 July 2013 - 10:01 AM.

Posted Image

#33 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

I'll be furious if we sign Ribeiro. He can play but my God, he has no sportsmanship whatsoever.

It's also been mentioned that we were kicking the tires on Alfredsson and Bozak. And I see it's already been mentioned...

According to Dreger Bozark is looking at slightly under 5 for 7 years, so hopefully the Wings are staying away from him. According to Leafs fans the guy is useless without Lupul and Kessel.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#34 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

Didn't Holland say he wanted us to get bigger?

Those names don't really help.   

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#35 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

Grabovski is reportedly being bought out (as per Bob McKenzie's twitter).  I don't think I'd really want him, but having one more top 6 player on the market might drive down prices at little bit.  Hopefully.

#36 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

Grabovski is reportedly being bought out (as per Bob McKenzie's twitter).  I don't think I'd really want him, but having one more top 6 player on the market might drive down prices at little bit.  Hopefully.

Wasn't he supposed to become their first line center? I think he wil go back to Russia

kftx.jpg

#37 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

Grabovski is now available.

If Weiss is asking too much I think Grabovski just might be a decent alternative.

Wasn't he supposed to become their first line center? I think he wil go back to Russia

For whatever reason he just sorta fell outta favor with Carlyle.

EDIT - I'm thinking a 3, or 4 year deal that averages $3.5 to $4 million per season might be good enough to sign Grabovski (that is if Holland cannot sign Weiss, or he decides to go in a different direction).

He's certainly capable of playing the role of 2nd centerman/2nd pp unit...20 plus goals, and 50 plus pts are something we could expect from Garbo.

Edited by F.Michael, 04 July 2013 - 11:57 AM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#38 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

Grabovski is now available.

If Weiss is asking too much I think Grabovski just might be a decent alternative.

For whatever reason he just sorta fell outta favor with Carlyle.

EDIT - I'm thinking a 3, or 4 year deal that averages $3.5 to $4 million per season might be good enough to sign Grabovski (that is if Holland cannot sign Weiss, or he decides to go in a different direction).

He's certainly capable of playing the role of 2nd centerman/2nd pp unit...20 plus goals, and 50 plus pts are something we could expect from Garbo.

Well Carlyle absolutely hates guys that don't backcheck half the time even if they are forwards so I am really not surprised. Grabowski for 3,5 m 3 year max would be okayish nothing great but a nice stopgap but honestly I don't think he will come under 5 m.

kftx.jpg

#39 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

If we sign Weiss and Brunner then we will be forced to move a forward even with one of our forwards on LTIR. I think this is why we haven't seen a Brunner signing yet. Holland wants to see what Weiss is asking first before making a decision and potentially deciding which bottom 6 forward to move to make room for these two guys. It would be one of Eaves, Tootoo, Emmerton that would have to go as Sammy and Bert are not going anywhere apparently. 

Also I just don't see how we have room for Cleary next season with Sammy staying. Sammy is really throwing a wrench in Holland's plans.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#40 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Ference at 3.5 would be nice, but I feel like Ansar is lowballing his value. I like Weiss, but for 4.5 or 5 on a long term deal? I dunno about that one.

Ference is more of a 2.5-3 tops guy.  He's a solid shutdown guy, but you want him at the #4-5 spot, preferably 5.  He's like Scuderi with slightly less offensive upside.  I'd like Weiss for 3 years 12-13mil.   

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag