• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SwedeLundin77

Players of Interest

Rate this topic

Dreger says Alfredsson is mulling over his options. Detroit and Boston still very much in the mix with the Sens, of course.

Wow I didn't even know we had interest in Alfredsson. I'm definitely torn on bringing him in. I mean yes he is still an effective player in this league. But we all know how ancient the guy is. Who knows if his body will even hold up for another (82 game) season. Seems too risky when there are younger options out there.

Guest The Axe

Please say no to these guys!!! Iginla, Alfredsson

Agreed. Dont need em.

After reading this thread it seems Holland is doing a lot of reaching out to players but he is not sure how to grab them.

You can't forcibly "grab" a player. Players make choices.

What I take from this thread is that Holland is exploring many options in the FA market, which is exactly what a good GM should do.

I don't see us signing Weiss if he wants that much. If we don't get another center, we'll likely not be able to play Z and Dats together often and our centers would be Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Helm, and Andersson...if Helm can play.

Maybe we can just bank our extra cap room this year since we seem determined everyone in the NHL wants too much money...Flip, Brunner, Lacavalier, Horton, Weiss, Clarkson, Bozak...at some point we'll readjust to

the value the market has on talent or we'll watch Datsyuk in amazement as he skates with the Samuelssons, Cleary's and Tootoo's of the world.

Guest The Axe

Maybe we can just bank our extra cap room this year since we seem determined everyone in the NHL wants too much money...Flip, Brunner, Lacavalier, Horton, Weiss, Clarkson, Bozak...at some point we'll readjust to

the value the market has on talent or we'll watch Datsyuk in amazement as he skates with the Samuelssons, Cleary's and Tootoo's of the world.

We are used to the latter!!!

Seriously?? I really hope that's not true. If so, Weiss can go sign with someone else. 6M per year is outrageous

If Holland won't give Horton $6 mil, he sure as hell wouldn't give it to Weiss. $4 mil or bust. I like him but he was injured last year and his stats weren't very good, though the Panthers do suck.

Know it´s ESPN, but:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m

Alfredsson's decision: Ottawa, Boston or Detroit.

Alfredsson should retire a Senator, head held high with the C on his jersey as he looks to the rafters and watches his number get retired.

Kenny would obviously have some things to fix up cap wise, but our top 3 lines could look awesome next season with a couple moves.

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Grabovski

Alfredson-Zetterberg-Franzen

Brunner-Helm/Anderson-Nyquist

I really like Grabo and think he would be a great fit here. He competes extremely hard every shift, and he would have MUCH better talent to work with here than in Toronto. Even though he is a center, he could play on Pavel's wing if they split up the Eurotwins. He played on a line with Pavs in the KHL this year and they looked good together.

Alfredson still has a scoring touch and has the ability to score some goals at the needed time. Playing with Hank would make things better for him, and having Franzen on their line to stand in front of the net and add goals would help.

And we already saw that 3rd line in the playoffs... beautiful mixture of speed and skill.

Z Winged Dangler, on 04 Jul 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:snapback.png

Know it´s ESPN, but:

Alfredsson should retire a Senator, head held high with the C on his jersey as he looks to the rafters and watches his number get retired.

2 words: Mike Modano :ninja:

Kenny would obviously have some things to fix up cap wise, but our top 3 lines could look awesome next season with a couple moves.

I really like Grabo and think he would be a great fit here. He competes extremely hard every shift, and he would have MUCH better talent to work with here than in Toronto. Even though he is a center, he could play on Pavel's wing if they split up the Eurotwins. He played on a line with Pavs in the KHL this year and they looked good together.

Alfredson still has a scoring touch and has the ability to score some goals at the needed time. Playing with Hank would make things better for him, and having Franzen on their line to stand in front of the net and add goals would help.

And we already saw that 3rd line in the playoffs... beautiful mixture of speed and skill.

Bertuzzi on the top line? Guy is like 40 and didn't even play last season.

I sure hope he isn't playing on the top line next year. That doesn't say much about our lineup.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Alfredsson could be a help for one year, but would he really add the offense that the Wings want? I would imagine that having the pressure of being the captain lifted from him and playing for a different team might rejuvenate him a bit.

Still, though... hard to get excited about the idea of him coming here.

edited: Forgot he's not a center :confused:

Edited by Wings_Toledo

Bertuzzi on the top line? Guy is like 40 and didn't even play last season.

I sure hope he isn't playing on the top line next year. That doesn't say much about our lineup.

Bert plays well with Datsyuk. Keeps his game simple, creates space for Pavs and is not afraid to go to the front of the net. He can get between 15 and 20 goals playing with Pavs when healthy.

Bert plays well with Datsyuk. Keeps his game simple, creates space for Pavs and is not afraid to go to the front of the net. He can get between 15 and 20 goals playing with Pavs when healthy.

That's not good enough playing on the top line, with players like Datsyuk. Datsyuk deserved a 40 goal scorer. 30 at least.

Besides, I don't even remember what Bertuzzi plays like with Datsyuk. I don't remember what Bertuzzi plays like, period. He's a goner.

Know it´s ESPN, but:

Lebrun is one of the most reliable sources out there, along with Dreger and McKenzie. I'd take alfredsson in a heartbeat. He's one of the only available free agents who won't require a several year commitment. Our prospects will be ready to be top 6ers in a year or two

That's not good enough playing on the top line, with players like Datsyuk. Datsyuk deserved a 40 goal scorer. 30 at least.

Besides, I don't even remember what Bertuzzi plays like with Datsyuk. I don't remember what Bertuzzi plays like, period. He's a goner.

Well I hate to break it to you, but we do not have a 40 goal scorer to play with Datsyuk. Kenny let our 40 goal scorer walk so that we could keep Franzen. A line of Pavs, Bert and Grabo could see Bert getting 15 goals, Pavs around 25 goals and Grabo around 25 goals. A line of Hank, ALfie and Franzen would see similar numbers. Those are a solid amount of goals for the top two lines. Sometimes you have to use what you have to its best potential, and this would be the best option IMO.

Lebrun is one of the most reliable sources out there, along with Dreger and McKenzie. I'd take alfredsson in a heartbeat. He's one of the only available free agents who won't require a several year commitment. Our prospects will be ready to be top 6ers in a year or two

Alfredsson could score 30 on Dats' wing, if he doesn't stay with the Sens, which he should. But if he does come to the Wings then having him on a 1 year deal would be a good bridge for someone like Pulkkinen or Frk to join the Wings to be the next right handed sniper.

Guest The Axe

Had me (a couple moves and awesome) - Lost me (Bertuzzi).

Newsflash - Bertuzzi is now OLD, SLOW, and INEFFECTIVE.

Please let go of the nostalgia and let him fade into the Holmstrom/Draper/Maltby/Ozzie dimension.

You have to let him go, brah.