• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SwedeLundin77

Players of Interest

Rate this topic

Well I hate to break it to you, but we do not have a 40 goal scorer to play with Datsyuk. Kenny let our 40 goal scorer walk so that we could keep Franzen. A line of Pavs, Bert and Grabo could see Bert getting 15 goals, Pavs around 25 goals and Grabo around 25 goals. A line of Hank, ALfie and Franzen would see similar numbers. Those are a solid amount of goals for the top two lines. Sometimes you have to use what you have to its best potential, and this would be the best option IMO.

I know we don't have very much top 6 depth or quality.

It'd be nice if we could get a real winger. Not sure if Grabovski fits that role. Alfredsson was good, but he's old and didn't put up good numbers last year. Bertuzzi should retire.

I wasn't sure about the Lecavalier move, but now that he's gone, I'm realizing that would have been the best linemate for Datsyuk, even though Vinny is also sliding downwards. Our options are limited for sure.

I know we don't have very much top 6 depth or quality.

It'd be nice if we could get a real winger. Not sure if Grabovski fits that role. Alfredsson was good, but he's old and didn't put up good numbers last year. Bertuzzi should retire.

I wasn't sure about the Lecavalier move, but now that he's gone, I'm realizing that would have been the best linemate for Datsyuk, even though Vinny is also sliding downwards. Our options are limited for sure.

I agree with this; though we're likely losing Val and he's technically a centre, he did put up the most points on the wing with Zetterberg. Assuming Z and Dats are each physically capable of centering a line, a winger for the top 6 makes sense.

I'm surprised there hasn't been much chatter about Stalberg recently. Yes, we all know he was a healthy scratch in the playoffs at times. But he is a player who scored over 20 goals in a season playing about 14 minutes a night. He had similar numbers (around 10 goals) over this past half-season.

Obviously he has his deficiencies - I don't recall him being overly physical despite having some size - but I wonder if his speed would make him a beneficial addition to the club. I think that shot of speed is what made Abdelkader a relatively effective part of the top 6 (which perhaps doesn't say much about how other players were performing). Stalberg has shown he can finish, however.

I could see him as an option if the Wings do not retain Brunner, Cleary, Fil and don't want to overpay for Weiss. Given his poor postseason, I'd have to think Stalberg could be signed for a reasonable contract.

Lebrun is one of the most reliable sources out there, along with Dreger and McKenzie. I'd take alfredsson in a heartbeat. He's one of the only available free agents who won't require a several year commitment. Our prospects will be ready to be top 6ers in a year or two

Ken Holland is that you? Nyquist and Tatar are ready NOW. Furthermore we don't have enough room in the bottom 6 because we have so many bottom 6ers.

Ken Holland is that you? Nyquist and Tatar are ready NOW. Furthermore we don't have enough room in the bottom 6 because we have so many bottom 6ers.

Beyond datsyuk Zetterberg and franzen, we have no top sixers. (I do agree with you that nyquist, Tatar and/or brunner can play in the top six) alfredsson would only take up 1 spot, so we would still have 2 spots available to test those guys out. Plus he's probably dying for a cup. There will be no lack of motivation

Alfredsson could score 30 on Dats' wing, if he doesn't stay with the Sens, which he should. But if he does come to the Wings then having him on a 1 year deal would be a good bridge for someone like Pulkkinen or Frk to join the Wings to be the next right handed sniper.

Thank you!

Ribeiro 112 points in his last 122 games, yeah that won't help us in the slightest... who needs scoring it's overrated. Sure would make this team "worse" because what we really needed was to overpay for Clarkson to increase our dumb penalty minutes taken total and underwhelm on the score sheet. Damn you Kenny. Just bring back Filppula for that amount of money so he can have a 35-40 point season, offer no grit, and let someone else take Ribeiro and his 70 points.

A lot of people "hated" Tootoo also, got over it pretty quick once you discover a pain in the ass player isn't so bad when they are on your squad.

Edit: not directed at anyone in particular was just a general sarcastic comment before the Ribeiro haters come seeking my head.

Just reading this article http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/07/red_wings_will_dip_into_shallo.html Holland doesn't seem interested in being competitive in the FA market every year players are going to be asking for "too much" its not going to change. The holes and missing pieces are going to filled up with washed up "playmaking" players who will try to fill top 6 roles. I don't think we'll end up with anyone from the list of players wings are so called interested in.

So help me god if Cleary comes back I"m disowning Holland he's already on my s*** list at the very least give it to another Griffins player.

http://www.mlive.com...nto_shallo.html

Ideally, the Red Wings hope they don't need any wingers. They're hoping to re-sign Daniel Cleary and Damien Brunner. Talks will continue until noon Friday, if that's what it takes.

Is he serious ? If the Wings lack one thing it is a scoring winger. Even with Cleary and Brunner resigned.

Edited by derblaueClaus

I expect absolutely nothing so if something important happensI am going to be very surprised.

Hammer, meet the nail! My thoughts are: Sign Brunner and our RFAs. Let Cleary walk, trade Quincey for a few picks, pick up Ferrence for a year or two, get our youth up.

Dreger is reporting that Alfredsson will not be back with the Senators and sign with the Wings. I hope this isn't true he doesn't help the Wings and should retire as a Senator. IF it it's true then meh let him retire as a Senator and sign a guy who can really help this team.

Tl;dr would be a stupid move

@DarrenDreger: Ribeiro to Phx is done.
..phew.

So goodbye Tatar and Nyquist? or are we burying guys like Sammy, Emmerton, Eaves in minors and eating caphits for a year?

Neither one of them are centers, so I don't see how they're affected.