• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WorkingOvertime

Grabovski Bought Out

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Another over 35 year old guy who the Wings are interested in?

Why I don't get it?

We are getting nowhere

Grabo kind of reminds me of when Semin was available and had the floater reputation. If we could get him for under 4, I bet he would flourish with Pavel. The risk is small and the reward is great!

Grabo kind of reminds me of when Semin was available and had the floater reputation. If we could get him for under 4, I bet he would flourish with Pavel. The risk is small and the reward is great!

Floater? Grabo does not float around... he competes every single shift. He had an off year this season, but if you watched him he competes regularly. Even in the playoffs, while he was getting knocked around he continued to get up and compete. He does NOT float around like Semin. Also, he is a very good friend of Pavs, so hopefully Pavs can talk him and Kenny into some sort of an agreement because he would be a great fit here

Grabovski is NOT a floater. His numbers were really down last season, but he was basically playing as the Leafs' shutdown center (most of his faceoff starts were in the defensive zone too). From what I've seen of him, he really competes though and doesn't back down. A lot feister than Filppula for sure.

Hopefully Datsyuk is enough reason for him to come here at around $4M (they were teammates during the lockout).

Edited by Nevermind

Guest DeGraa55

Idk much about him. But if he is useful the wings won't be interested. Its their way of operating these days.

My dad is a leafs fan so I've seen a lot of Grabovski... he's a fiery little dude who isn't super tough but will stick up for himself... i think if we used him right he'd be real good for us. He fights people and scores, he even fought someone in a bar during the Vancouver Olympics iirc. He's as motivated as you could be now, check out what he had to say about the coaches over in Toronto... http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=426967. I mean, just to get him for the HBO 24/7 with the wings and leafs would be great tv.

Guest Crymson

My dad is a leafs fan so I've seen a lot of Grabovski... he's a fiery little dude who isn't super tough but will stick up for himself... i think if we used him right he'd be real good for us. He fights people and scores, he even fought someone in a bar during the Vancouver Olympics iirc. He's as motivated as you could be now, check out what he had to say about the coaches over in Toronto... http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=426967. I mean, just to get him for the HBO 24/7 with the wings and leafs would be great tv.

Grabovski has exactly one fight in his NHL career.

Yeah - he's both surprised, and ticked off at the notion the Leafs would do such a thing, and appears to place blame upon Carlyle.

Sumthin tells me he'd be motivated for games against the Leafs.

Well just last week Nonis said that he was not going to use his 2nd buyout, thus Grabo no longer had to worry. To me that is a ****** move as a GM to come back and buy out a player after saying ur not going to, so Grabo has every right to be ticked off like he is.

To keep this discussion moving with some hopes of creating some insightful banter...

If Holland does covet Grabovski - does he claim him off waivers (thus accepting his contract of 5 years, and $27.5 million), or does he wait until he clears waivers, and becomes a UFA, and then competes against rival GMs for his services (mind you Grabo's cost could reach $5 million, or more in a bidding war).

That's a really good point. Especially looking at most of the available players asking for much more than they're worth. I bet he gets 5M easily on the open market. In all honestly, claiming him might actually be the smarter move. Not so sure Kenny will do that, but economically it makes perfect sense

That's a really good point. Especially looking at most of the available players asking for much more than they're worth. I bet he gets 5M easily on the open market. In all honestly, claiming him might actually be the smarter move. Not so sure Kenny will do that, but economically it makes perfect sense

And in 1-2 seasons when Jarnkrok and Sheahan are ready to be full time NHL centres where will they play?

Guest Crymson

His contract constitutes a definite overpayment for a guy who isn't all that much better than Filppula.

Grabovski has exactly one fight in his NHL career.

He's got one in his AHL career too!

I must've watched it and thought whoa he's tough he's fighting Chris Neil, and now I'm imagining it as several. Either way, at least he stood up for someone/himself at least once.