• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WorkingOvertime

Grabovski Bought Out

Rate this topic

83 posts in this topic

To keep this discussion moving with some hopes of creating some insightful banter...

If Holland does covet Grabovski - does he claim him off waivers (thus accepting his contract of 5 years, and $27.5 million), or does he wait until he clears waivers, and becomes a UFA, and then competes against rival GMs for his services (mind you Grabo's cost could reach $5 million, or more in a bidding war).

Its an interesting point, and one I thought about too. BTW I believe he only has 4 years left on his contract which makes it more tempting.

I remember that "altercation" that Grabovski was apparently involved in...No charges were filed against him - however the guy who claims it was Grabovski who had assaulted him comes across as a $$$ grabber.

I like the fact that Grabo has some "bite" to his game.

It'll be an interesting few days.

Another interesting thing to take into consideration... apparently tomorrow Grabo is getting married to a chick from the Windsor area (for those of you who do not know, it is right across the border from Detroit). Maybe she will put her foot down and have him sign in Hockeytown :)

Wouldn't that be nice!

Can't blame him for being pissed but because he went public with it I would be surprised if the Wings went hard after him.

Another interesting thing to take into consideration... apparently tomorrow Grabo is getting married to a chick from the Windsor area (for those of you who do not know, it is right across the border from Detroit). Maybe she will put her foot down and have him sign in Hockeytown :)

it worked in minny for parise and suter so maybe! :P

I wouldn't mind Grabovski at all. I wanted him more 2-3 years ago, he's been stuck in that system for a long time now but Id rather Grabo then Bozak that's for sure...

The dude has major major attitude problems and am even surprised he's being considered. Not the type of attitude we want in our dressing room, especially with the youngins.

I disagree with saying he has an attitude problem. Carlyle gave him the shaft when he came into the team. The guy could have easily started issues in the media during the season and caused all kinds of disruptions. Instead he acted like a professional and competed hard despite being dropped to the bottom 6 and playing few minutes. Its only after his ties with the team were severed that he went after Carlyle and in my opinion its 100% justified with how he was treated. If the Wings are interested in him Id rather they claim him off waivers. His price in open FA will probably cost more especially if the "top" forwards this year go quick and teams panic and start bidding wars.