#41 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Let's do it then ... make a Russian pairing of Dats and Grabo

I think Grabs is from Belarus... 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#42 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'd be happy with this guy, especially if it means Sammy rides pine all year.

#43 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Idk much about him. But if he is useful the wings won't be interested. Its their way of operating these days.

#44 Kindl Surprise

Kindl Surprise

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

My dad is a leafs fan so I've seen a lot of Grabovski... he's a fiery little dude who isn't super tough but will stick up for himself... i think if we used him right he'd be real good for us. He fights people and scores, he even fought someone in a bar during the Vancouver Olympics iirc. He's as motivated as you could be now, check out what he had to say about the coaches over in Toronto... http://www.tsn.ca/to...egel/?id=426967. I mean, just to get him for the HBO 24/7 with the wings and leafs would be great tv.

#45 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

To keep this discussion moving with some hopes of creating some insightful banter...

If Holland does covet Grabovski - does he claim him off waivers (thus accepting his contract of 5 years, and $27.5 million), or does he wait until he clears waivers, and becomes a UFA, and then competes against rival GMs for his services (mind you Grabo's cost could reach $5 million, or more in a bidding war).

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#46 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Let's do it then ... make a Russian pairing of Dats and Grabo

Grabovski is not exactly Russian. He is Belorussian.

#47 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

My dad is a leafs fan so I've seen a lot of Grabovski... he's a fiery little dude who isn't super tough but will stick up for himself... i think if we used him right he'd be real good for us. He fights people and scores, he even fought someone in a bar during the Vancouver Olympics iirc. He's as motivated as you could be now, check out what he had to say about the coaches over in Toronto... http://www.tsn.ca/to...egel/?id=426967. I mean, just to get him for the HBO 24/7 with the wings and leafs would be great tv.

Yeah - he's both surprised, and ticked off at the notion the Leafs would do such a thing, and appears to place blame upon Carlyle.

Sumthin tells me he'd be motivated for games against the Leafs.

#48 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

I am quite confident gms will let him clear waivers in hopes of negotiating a new contract with him. Hopefully Kenny can get it done.

#49 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Grabovski has exactly one fight in his NHL career.

#50 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yeah - he's both surprised, and ticked off at the notion the Leafs would do such a thing, and appears to place blame upon Carlyle.

Sumthin tells me he'd be motivated for games against the Leafs.

Well just last week Nonis said that he was not going to use his 2nd buyout, thus Grabo no longer had to worry. To me that is a ****** move as a GM to come back and buy out a player after saying ur not going to, so Grabo has every right to be ticked off like he is.

#51 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

To keep this discussion moving with some hopes of creating some insightful banter...

If Holland does covet Grabovski - does he claim him off waivers (thus accepting his contract of 5 years, and $27.5 million), or does he wait until he clears waivers, and becomes a UFA, and then competes against rival GMs for his services (mind you Grabo's cost could reach $5 million, or more in a bidding war).

That's a really good point. Especially looking at most of the available players asking for much more than they're worth. I bet he gets 5M easily on the open market. In all honestly, claiming him might actually be the smarter move. Not so sure Kenny will do that, but economically it makes perfect sense

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#52 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

That's a really good point. Especially looking at most of the available players asking for much more than they're worth. I bet he gets 5M easily on the open market. In all honestly, claiming him might actually be the smarter move. Not so sure Kenny will do that, but economically it makes perfect sense

And in 1-2 seasons when Jarnkrok and Sheahan are ready to be full time NHL centres where will they play?

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#53 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

His contract constitutes a definite overpayment for a guy who isn't all that much better than Filppula.

#54 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-232028600.html

I want him just because hes calling out Carlyle for the s*** coach that he is.

#55 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Let me be the 1st to say that I believe paying Grabo $5 plus million per season is an overpayment...

Now with that said - the UFA market is unpredictable; once again I'm fairly certain we'll see some "wtf" signings, and I honestly doubt Grabo's "new deal" (if he does make it to UFA) will be that much cheaper than what he's currently signed for.

So far I haven't heard/read much as to whom might be interested in his services (outside of Holland), but just like with Vinny - I suspect some rival GM is lurking, and waiting to make an offer that could very well beat anything Holland offers.

#56 Kindl Surprise

Kindl Surprise

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

Grabovski has exactly one fight in his NHL career.

He's got one in his AHL career too! 

I must've watched it and thought whoa he's tough he's fighting Chris Neil, and now I'm imagining it as several. Either way, at least he stood up for someone/himself at least once.

#57 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

His contract constitutes a definite overpayment for a guy who isn't all that much better than Filppula.

I definitely agree. But I wouldn't be surprised so see him get even as much 6M on the open market. I don't think Kenny should claim him. But F. Michael did bring up an interesting point. Of course depending on how much interest Kenny actually has in him. Just seems to be quite a head-scratching few weeks seeing what some of these players are asking for.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#58 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Datsyuk and Grabovski played on the same team (CSKA) in KHL last year. They even were on the same line.

#59 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

And in 1-2 seasons when Jarnkrok and Sheahan are ready to be full time NHL centres where will they play?

Not wanting to sound like an ass, but how do you or anyone else know either of those 2 guys will make it to the NHL?

As of right now Grabovski is a well known entity at the NHL level, and the other 2 guys are prospects.

Oh - I agree it's a horrid overpayment, but when looking at what Horton/Clarkson/Weiss are asking, and what Lecalvalier/Brierre are signed on for - it unfortunately seems fitting.

Again - in Booster Chat - I predicted Holland will "wait to see how things pan out" - thus losing out on any UFA, and then re-sign Filppula for 4, or 5 years at $4.5 million per season :confused:

#60 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

Sign Grabo and put him with Datsyuk.

Cheaply, of course.