• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ogreslayer

Seguin, Eriksson swapped in 7-player deal between Bruins and Stars

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

It appears Brendan will be playing in the same division as his brother next year.

You still owe us 1 octopus heave

I disagree Stars got by *far* the best player in the deal. Seguin is a future star in the making, 3 years from now they are going to regret this heavily.

Maybe he could be an All Star if he continues to develop and gets his head on straight off the ice. The Bruins are getting a player thats an All Star right now. Eriksson has put up 63,71,73, and 71 points the last 4 full NHL seasons while playing on a team with a lot less skill than Seguin has. To put it simple he is the best player in this deal. I hate seeing Eriksson going to Boston as he has killed the Wings over the years.

Edited by GoalieManPat

Guest Crymson

I disagree Stars got by *far* the best player in the deal. Seguin is a future star in the making, 3 years from now they are going to regret this heavily.

Seguin might be a star in three years. Eriksson is a star. More, Seguin has a terrible attitude.

Tyler is better, younger AND a proven winner what more could one ask from a 21 old?

There are no grounds on which to call Seguin Eriksson's equal, let alone a better player. While he is younger, he's hardly a proven winner; he does not perform well in the playoffs. He has all of 18 points in 42 postseason games, including only eight points in 22 playoff games this year. The Bruins very well may have won the Cup had he produced more.

Guest Crymson

It looks like Nill was not the hold up in Detroit making moves. Off to a fine start in Dallas I must say. Eriksson is a tough player to trade though.

The Stars are in a situation drastically different from that of the Wings. Actions appropriate for the Stars are by no means equally appropriate for the Wings.

The Stars are in a situation drastically different from that of the Wings. Actions appropriate for the Stars are by no means equally appropriate for the Wings.

True. Does make you wonder though.

I've always been behind Holland but he has made far more questionable decisions in the last 5 years than he's made clearly good decisions. Quincey, Samuelsson, Tootoo, not taking advantage of Lidstrom's career end, Osgood too long, Franzen's contract, Tatar's handling this year, Colo's buyout, blah blah blah. The best players don't get the jobs anymore and entitlement will destroy a team, period. The guy will tap out on good players wanting money but caves to guys who can hardly tie their own skates. Won't trade Hudler or Fil's rights no matter how obvious it is they're not staying and shouldn't stay even if they wanted to.

Bertuzzi and Cleary should be gone, period. Just because a guy has a good playoff doesn't mean you extend him until he can't play anymore (ie Osgood). Nyquist and Tatar are top six material guys, at very least Nyquist is, and shouldn't be playing third line minutes so some 35-40 point veteran can get all the minutes. But that is almost certainly what will happen next year. Tatar is already frustrated and why shouldnt he be? He and everyone else has to know that he brings more to the table than Bert, Sammy, and Cleary. Andersson should be our full time 3rd line center. Nyquist should be a top six fixture all year, period. These players need to be groomed to eventually take over for the big guys. Not be another couple of our 22 bottom six forwards.

I support Kenny for being patient and rebuilding our farm system. His resignings of top players is admirable Otherwise, I am kind of wishing that maybe Nill would have got a shot. Even if he didn't, I'm glad to see that he got a shot and that he's making good, ballsy moves to get his team to contention. Kenny's boldest move in the last five years was his worst trade ever. His biggest signing was a #4 defenseman.

Kenny is in a situation GM's almost never get to be in. Job security, long tenure, entitled and patient fan base. This allows him to not fear losing his job (because what Wing ever does?). He's wasting pri.e years of some of the best players in franchise history. Datsyuk deserves the best possible team over the next three years. When we let Fil walk, don't pony up for a true replacement, and then throw a spot at players clearly underserving of the job...guys notice those things. Especially guys who should be getting the jobs. The Wings reputation and biggest selling point is on the line.

End rant.

O, plz.

Nill is being proactive, aggressive, creative, etc. He's making stuff happen. He's making deals.

"Yeah, well, that's all endemic to Dalls and their situation. Apples and oranges."

Going into Draft Weekend Holland was all about the being-proactive-aggressive-creative-and-making-stuff-happen (" [ . . . ] maybe a two-for-one, or a three-for-one, or a three-for-two, [ . . . ] or a seventeen-for-sixty-four [ . . . ] .") But then, shucks, wouldn't you know it, no such luck. And so now we're holding a torch for Filppula and daydreaming about Cleary and how good he'd look in a Wings jersey. (There's a dozen teams interested in him! He's practically a premier power-forward now! And we're gonna land him @ something like $3 million for 3 yrs! HOLLAND FTW!!!)

Edited by Dabura

This, I do not buy. The Wings had/have too many defense and too many forwards and a ton of good prospects waiting to play for the big team. Does this not scream big trade? Even Holland said himself before the draft that he was looking for a 3 for 1 or a 3 for 2 type of deal. Holland needs to pull the trigger to make this team better.

Maybe he could be an All Star if he continues to develop and gets his head on straight off the ice. The Bruins are getting a player thats an All Star right now. Eriksson has put up 63,71,73, and 71 points the last 4 full NHL seasons while playing on a team with a lot less skill than Seguin has. To put it simple he is the best player in this deal. I hate seeing Eriksson going to Boston as he has killed the Wings over the years.

Where does this stuff that he hasn't his head in the right place come from? The guy is 21 a millionaire, let him fun hang out with hot chicks as long as he is a productive player who cares and yes he was a productive player, even on a third line role with the Bruins.

Seguin 16g16a, Eriksson 12g19a - granted, numbers aren't everything but looking at this overall deal it is really simple: the team which gets the best player is winning the trade, so Dallas won.

If I were a player I'd sue some reporters reporting harming, false stuff. Guy likes to party so what? Most of the people do..

I predict Seguin will shine in Dallas. I was shocked they gave up Ericksson, but I guess we will see. Jim Nill wasted no time in rebuilding Dallas' club, which was a hot mess, to say the least with the former GM's ...um, leadership?

I honestly don't pay much attention to the Stars, but I have a feeling they might be lots better this season. :tounge:

This trade might not be popular among all Bruins fans, who envisioned Seguin as a future superstar. But he might go down as a player who squandered his great gifts. Multiple sources said the 21-year-old Seguin crossed the line this season with reckless partying.
It apparently got so bad that during the playoffs, the Bruins ordered Seguin to live in a hotel, where a guard was hired to make sure he stayed in his room.

The Boston Herald, via Deadspin

This trade might not be popular among all Bruins fans, who envisioned Seguin as a future superstar. But he might go down as a player who squandered his great gifts. Multiple sources said the 21-year-old Seguin crossed the line this season with reckless partying.

It apparently got so bad that during the playoffs, the Bruins ordered Seguin to live in a hotel, where a guard was hired to make sure he stayed in his room.

The Boston Herald, via Deadspin

Sorry but thats ridiculous are they any trusted and proven sources for this kind of stuff? I mean if this is such a problem or was Dreger Lebrun or MacKenzie would have reported it already. I think it is really low class to harm a guy who just got traded with rumours like this, the herald should be ashamed.

Like i said the guy isn 21 years of age and a millionaire let himenjoy life as long as it doesn't affect his play on the ice who cares? Also I don't like Chiarelli coming out and talking bad. About a player he just traded. If I wre him I'd be playing with a big hatred on my shoulder whenever facing myold team.

Sorry but thats ridiculous are they any trusted and proven sources for this kind of stuff? I mean if this is such a problem or was Dreger Lebrun or MacKenzie would have reported it already. I think it is really low class to harm a guy who just got traded with rumours like this, the herald should be ashamed. Like i said the guy isn 21 years of age and a millionaire let himenjoy life as long as it doesn't affect his play on the ice who cares? Also I don't like Chiarelli coming out and talking bad. About a player he just traded. If I wre him I'd be playing with a big hatred on my shoulder whenever facing myold team.

Well the article in question comes from the Boston Herald, though Deadspin warns you might want to take it with a grain of salt. As for their credibility? No reason to doubt it. They're highly reliable.

Guest Crymson

Sorry but thats ridiculous are they any trusted and proven sources for this kind of stuff? I mean if this is such a problem or was Dreger Lebrun or MacKenzie would have reported it already. I think it is really low class to harm a guy who just got traded with rumours like this, the herald should be ashamed. Like i said the guy isn 21 years of age and a millionaire let himenjoy life as long as it doesn't affect his play on the ice who cares? Also I don't like Chiarelli coming out and talking bad. About a player he just traded. If I wre him I'd be playing with a big hatred on my shoulder whenever facing myold team.

I'm unsure if you're being facetious or if you actually don't understand the impact that this sort of behavior has on a player's performance and on his dynamic with his teammates.

I'm unsure if you're being facetious or if you actually don't understand the impact that this sort of behavior has on a player's performance and on his dynamic with his teammates.

I disagree, since the stories hit that his off ice behavior were a problem, a lot of people have stated that Marchand lives the lifestyle harder than Sequin.

I think the overall problem was that Tyler had regressed to his rookie year again.

After playing in Sweden he came back with the same play on the outside and only use his speed move to the outside.

The B's worked hard with him to be play more on the inside, then he went to Sweden and came back with the outside game.

And there lies the real difference between him and Marchand. Brad will do whatever it takes to win and stay on the ice.

Tyler plays like he deserves to be on the top line, but does not work to get the minutes, the way the B's expect him to.

Guest Crymson

I disagree, since the stories hit that his off ice behavior were a problem, a lot of people have stated that Marchand lives the lifestyle harder than Sequin.

I think the overall problem was that Tyler had regressed to his rookie year again.

After playing in Sweden he came back with the same play on the outside and only use his speed move to the outside.

The B's worked hard with him to be play more on the inside, then he went to Sweden and came back with the outside game.

And there lies the real difference between him and Marchand. Brad will do whatever it takes to win and stay on the ice.

Tyler plays like he deserves to be on the top line, but does not work to get the minutes, the way the B's expect him to.

I haven't heard anything like that about Marchand. Whatever the case, it's bad for team cohesion and morale when a player ignores his coach and allows his team to take a backseat to his own immature impulses. And like you said, Marchand competed and produced whereas Seguin did not; the latter had a whopping eight points in 22 games. That's not good enough by anyone's measure.