• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Loui gets love here because he's exactly what the Wings need. Oh well, Sammy will power the team into the Finals

And has proven chemistry with Z and Mule.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#22 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

Not that I agree with it, but saw a Wings fan say this elsewhere: "Looks like Jim Nill took Kenny Holland's b**** when he left Detroit"  :lol: 

I think it's a pretty even deal for both teams - Seguin clearly had some off-ice issues in Boston. The Stars get a young players who will be in their core for years to come, Boston gets one of the better two-way players in the game, and some prospects with potential. 

Edited by Jesusberg, 04 July 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#23 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

Eriksson is an excellent player. Seguin has potential. I'd take Eriksson.

#24 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Tyler is better, younger AND a proven winner what more could one ask from a 21 old?

An attitude adjustment...

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#25 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

An attitude adjustment...

Hahaha!

#26 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

It appears Brendan will be playing in the same division as his brother next year.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#27 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

It appears Brendan will be playing in the same division as his brother next year.

You still owe us 1 octopus heave

#28 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

LOL.  My time will come.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#29 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

LOL.  My time will come.

:-)

#30 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Jim Nill's on fire since he left...

Horcoff is off to DAL. Believe it's for a draft pick. TBA. Horcoff has a $5.5M cap hit but has 2 yrs remaining at $4M and $3M, respectively.

Edited by pucktividi, 04 July 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#31 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

The f***? Shoulda kept nill.

#32 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Haha @ Horcoff.

#33 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

I disagree Stars got by *far* the best player in the deal. Seguin is a future star in the making, 3 years from now they are going to regret this heavily.

Maybe he could be an All Star if he continues to develop and gets his head on straight off the ice. The Bruins are getting a player thats an All Star right now. Eriksson has put up 63,71,73, and 71 points the last 4 full NHL seasons while playing on a team with a lot less skill than Seguin has. To put it simple he is the best player in this deal. I hate seeing Eriksson going to Boston as he has killed the Wings over the years.

Edited by GoalieManPat, 04 July 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#34 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

Looks like Nill's not done either:

Oilers-Stars still working on Horcoff trade. Hearing defenseman Philip Larsen and a 7th to Oil. Could be more going to Dallas. #TSN

#35 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

I disagree Stars got by *far* the best player in the deal. Seguin is a future star in the making, 3 years from now they are going to regret this heavily.

Seguin might be a star in three years. Eriksson is a star. More, Seguin has a terrible attitude.

Tyler is better, younger AND a proven winner what more could one ask from a 21 old?

There are no grounds on which to call Seguin Eriksson's equal, let alone a better player. While he is younger, he's hardly a proven winner; he does not perform well in the playoffs. He has all of 18 points in 42 postseason games, including only eight points in 22 playoff games this year. The Bruins very well may have won the Cup had he produced more.

#36 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

It looks like Nill was not the hold up in Detroit making moves. Off to a fine start in Dallas I must say. Eriksson is a tough player to trade though.

#37 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

I like the "thinking outside the box and shaking up your team" kind of a trade. I vaguely remember things like that happening here. Maybe not a 7 player deal, but the Primeau and Coffey for Shanahan kind of deal. Ahh...good times.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#38 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

It looks like Nill was not the hold up in Detroit making moves. Off to a fine start in Dallas I must say. Eriksson is a tough player to trade though.

The Stars are in a situation drastically different from that of the Wings. Actions appropriate for the Stars are by no means equally appropriate for the Wings.

#39 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

The Stars are in a situation drastically different from that of the Wings. Actions appropriate for the Stars are by no means equally appropriate for the Wings.

True. Does make you wonder though.

I've always been behind Holland but he has made far more questionable decisions in the last 5 years than he's made clearly good decisions. Quincey, Samuelsson, Tootoo, not taking advantage of Lidstrom's career end, Osgood too long, Franzen's contract, Tatar's handling this year, Colo's buyout, blah blah blah. The best players don't get the jobs anymore and entitlement will destroy a team, period. The guy will tap out on good players wanting money but caves to guys who can hardly tie their own skates. Won't trade Hudler or Fil's rights no matter how obvious it is they're not staying and shouldn't stay even if they wanted to.

Bertuzzi and Cleary should be gone, period. Just because a guy has a good playoff doesn't mean you extend him until he can't play anymore (ie Osgood). Nyquist and Tatar are top six material guys, at very least Nyquist is, and shouldn't be playing third line minutes so some 35-40 point veteran can get all the minutes. But that is almost certainly what will happen next year. Tatar is already frustrated and why shouldnt he be? He and everyone else has to know that he brings more to the table than Bert, Sammy, and Cleary. Andersson should be our full time 3rd line center. Nyquist should be a top six fixture all year, period. These players need to be groomed to eventually take over for the big guys. Not be another couple of our 22 bottom six forwards.

I support Kenny for being patient and rebuilding our farm system. His resignings of top players is admirable Otherwise, I am kind of wishing that maybe Nill would have got a shot. Even if he didn't, I'm glad to see that he got a shot and that he's making good, ballsy moves to get his team to contention. Kenny's boldest move in the last five years was his worst trade ever. His biggest signing was a #4 defenseman.

Kenny is in a situation GM's almost never get to be in. Job security, long tenure, entitled and patient fan base. This allows him to not fear losing his job (because what Wing ever does?). He's wasting pri.e years of some of the best players in franchise history. Datsyuk deserves the best possible team over the next three years. When we let Fil walk, don't pony up for a true replacement, and then throw a spot at players clearly underserving of the job...guys notice those things. Especially guys who should be getting the jobs. The Wings reputation and biggest selling point is on the line.

End rant.

#40 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,061 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

O, plz.

Nill is being proactive, aggressive, creative, etc. He's making stuff happen. He's making deals.

"Yeah, well, that's all endemic to Dalls and their situation. Apples and oranges."

Going into Draft Weekend Holland was all about the being-proactive-aggressive-creative-and-making-stuff-happen (" [ . . . ] maybe a two-for-one, or a three-for-one, or a three-for-two, [ . . . ] or a seventeen-for-sixty-four [ . . . ] .") But then, shucks, wouldn't you know it, no such luck. And so now we're holding a torch for Filppula and daydreaming about Cleary and how good he'd look in a Wings jersey. (There's a dozen teams interested in him! He's practically a premier power-forward now! And we're gonna land him @ something like $3 million for 3 yrs! HOLLAND FTW!!!)

Edited by Dabura, 05 July 2013 - 12:27 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!