• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

The Stars are in a situation drastically different from that of the Wings. Actions appropriate for the Stars are by no means equally appropriate for the Wings.

This, I do not buy. The Wings had/have too many defense and too many forwards and a ton of good prospects waiting to play for the big team. Does this not scream big trade? Even Holland said himself before the draft that he was looking for a 3 for 1 or a 3 for 2 type of deal. Holland needs to pull the trigger to make this team better. 

#42 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

I disagree Stars got by *far* the best player in the deal. Seguin is a future star in the making, 3 years from now they are going to regret this heavily.

Maybe he could be an All Star if he continues to develop and gets his head on straight off the ice. The Bruins are getting a player thats an All Star right now. Eriksson has put up 63,71,73, and 71 points the last 4 full NHL seasons while playing on a team with a lot less skill than Seguin has. To put it simple he is the best player in this deal. I hate seeing Eriksson going to Boston as he has killed the Wings over the years.

Where does this stuff that he hasn't his head in the right place come from? The guy is 21 a millionaire, let him fun hang out with hot chicks as long as he is a productive player who cares and yes he was a productive player, even on a third line role with the Bruins.

Seguin 16g16a, Eriksson 12g19a - granted, numbers aren't everything but looking at this overall deal it is really simple: the team which gets the best player is winning the trade, so Dallas won.

If I were a player I'd sue some reporters reporting harming, false stuff. Guy likes to party so what? Most of the people do..

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#43 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

I predict Seguin will shine in Dallas.  I was shocked they gave up Ericksson, but I guess we will see.  Jim Nill wasted no time in rebuilding Dallas' club, which was a hot mess, to say the least with the former GM's ...um, leadership?  

I honestly don't pay much attention to the Stars, but I have a feeling they might be lots better this season. :tounge:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#44 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

I like what the bruins got for this.

#45 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

This trade might not be popular among all Bruins fans, who envisioned Seguin as a future superstar. But he might go down as a player who squandered his great gifts. Multiple sources said the 21-year-old Seguin crossed the line this season with reckless partying.

It apparently got so bad that during the playoffs, the Bruins ordered Seguin to live in a hotel, where a guard was hired to make sure he stayed in his room.

The Boston Herald, via Deadspin

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#46 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

This trade might not be popular among all Bruins fans, who envisioned Seguin as a future superstar. But he might go down as a player who squandered his great gifts. Multiple sources said the 21-year-old Seguin crossed the line this season with reckless partying.

It apparently got so bad that during the playoffs, the Bruins ordered Seguin to live in a hotel, where a guard was hired to make sure he stayed in his room.

The Boston Herald, via Deadspin

Sorry but thats ridiculous are they any trusted and proven sources for this kind of stuff? I mean if this is such a problem or was Dreger Lebrun or MacKenzie would have reported it already. I think it is really low class to harm a guy who just got traded with rumours like this, the herald should be ashamed.

Like i said the guy isn 21 years of age and a millionaire let himenjoy life as long as it doesn't affect his play on the ice who cares? Also I don't like Chiarelli coming out and talking bad. About a player he just traded. If I wre him I'd be playing with a big hatred on my shoulder whenever facing myold team.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#47 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Sorry but thats ridiculous are they any trusted and proven sources for this kind of stuff? I mean if this is such a problem or was Dreger Lebrun or MacKenzie would have reported it already. I think it is really low class to harm a guy who just got traded with rumours like this, the herald should be ashamed. Like i said the guy isn 21 years of age and a millionaire let himenjoy life as long as it doesn't affect his play on the ice who cares? Also I don't like Chiarelli coming out and talking bad. About a player he just traded. If I wre him I'd be playing with a big hatred on my shoulder whenever facing myold team.

Well the article in question comes from the Boston Herald, though Deadspin warns you might want to take it with a grain of salt. As for their credibility? No reason to doubt it. They're highly reliable.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#48 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

Sorry but thats ridiculous are they any trusted and proven sources for this kind of stuff? I mean if this is such a problem or was Dreger Lebrun or MacKenzie would have reported it already. I think it is really low class to harm a guy who just got traded with rumours like this, the herald should be ashamed. Like i said the guy isn 21 years of age and a millionaire let himenjoy life as long as it doesn't affect his play on the ice who cares? Also I don't like Chiarelli coming out and talking bad. About a player he just traded. If I wre him I'd be playing with a big hatred on my shoulder whenever facing myold team.

I'm unsure if you're being facetious or if you actually don't understand the impact that this sort of behavior has on a player's performance and on his dynamic with his teammates.

#49 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

I'm unsure if you're being facetious or if you actually don't understand the impact that this sort of behavior has on a player's performance and on his dynamic with his teammates.

I disagree, since the stories hit that his off ice behavior were a problem, a lot of people have stated that Marchand lives the lifestyle harder than Sequin.

I think the overall problem was that Tyler had regressed to his rookie year again. 

After playing in Sweden he came back with the same play on the outside and only use his speed move to the outside.

The B's worked hard with him to be play more on the inside, then he went to Sweden and came back with the outside game.

And there lies the real difference between him and Marchand. Brad will do whatever it takes to win and stay on the ice.

Tyler plays like he deserves to be on the top line, but does not work to get the minutes, the way the B's expect him to.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#50 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

I disagree, since the stories hit that his off ice behavior were a problem, a lot of people have stated that Marchand lives the lifestyle harder than Sequin.

I think the overall problem was that Tyler had regressed to his rookie year again. 

After playing in Sweden he came back with the same play on the outside and only use his speed move to the outside.

The B's worked hard with him to be play more on the inside, then he went to Sweden and came back with the outside game.

And there lies the real difference between him and Marchand. Brad will do whatever it takes to win and stay on the ice.

Tyler plays like he deserves to be on the top line, but does not work to get the minutes, the way the B's expect him to.

I haven't heard anything like that about Marchand. Whatever the case, it's bad for team cohesion and morale when a player ignores his coach and allows his team to take a backseat to his own immature impulses. And like you said, Marchand competed and produced whereas Seguin did not; the latter had a whopping eight points in 22 games. That's not good enough by anyone's measure.

#51 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

Right Crymson, I guess my attempted point was that his attitude that I deserve to be on the team, as opposed to a guy like Marchand who was expected to be a grinder, but plays above his weight class so to speak.

Like me having a hot wife who runs marathons, I am out of my league, and apparently she has vision issues!

I would take 22 Marchand's any day of the week over one Sequin on my top line scoring 50 + goals.

The attitude Marchand has helps teams and is contagious, Sequin's attitude is contagious and is a hinderance.

I think the B's made up the drinking thing, because now it is really becoming an issue, but where were the issues mid season? How come his drinking and living the life (BTW I hear Ovie has the same weakness) is now an issue?

It is now an issue because they wanted to get rid of him.

In today's society you can not just say we wanted Erikkson more, you have to pile on people on the way out. ESPECIALLY in Boston sports, anybody leaving is a trader and anyone on the way in is a savior and "character guy".

Edited by Opie, 05 July 2013 - 11:17 AM.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#52 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

I'm glad to see he's back in the news...for the wrong reasons. Dallas might have to appoint and "official sitter" for him.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.