• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jamcar1984

Wings in on Alfredsson

Rate this topic

I don't think he'll leave Ottawa, nor do I think he should. But...there is no part of me that would turn down a chance to have him play in our top six for a year, maybe two, given the opportunity. He's everything that the Wings purport to want in their players: classy, smart, work ethic, leadership. He's one of a small handful of players in the league I doubt even the most jaded among us could talk serious trash about, excepting his age (thus the "for a year or two bit).

I will take Alfie and Grabovski or Wiess and Grabovski....dump Cleary and Fil.

I agree, Fil is as good as gone...don't think Cleary is going anywhere though :(

I would take him for say 2 years so we can get our young guys going. Yes it would have been great 5 years ago but he can still help this team a lot for short term

No thanks. Why would we go out and sign a 40 year old whose numbers are dropping off? We have the cap space to throw at player who is willing to make a career out of being a Red Wing for at least a significant amount of time. After that's set, you can start looking for locker room support and role players for a cup run. But as it is, we are missing a big piece of the puzzle. Alfredsson is not that piece.

Really don't want Alfredsson, cause there's many other younger options. But I guess I wouldn't be heartbroken if we get him. Even at his old age he can still produce. Maybe not quite at the 35 year old Alfredsson pace, but he can still contribute. Definitely hope we pass on him though. Especially considering we need a center, not a winger.

Lost all respect for him after this,,,

I wasn't a fan of that either, but I don't think I would have been complaining if it was Crosby he shot the puck at haha.

On a serious note, the guy still has it and he could be a huge motivation factor for the boys to try to win the cup kind of like Dallas Drake.

I see this as either two things.

1. Alfie is just using these two teams to leverage a better contract from Ottawa

2. Holland doesnt want to open up his pocket book for the bigger and younger options so hes trying to grab another cheap old timer before others can get in to drive the price up.

Edited by GoalieManPat

I agree, Fil is as good as gone...don't think Cleary is going anywhere though :(

"Cleary is looking for a three-year contract around $3 million per season, and he has garnered interest from almost a dozen other teams."

maybe not! *fingers crossed*

http://www.freep.com/article/20130704/SPORTS05/307040078

Edited by amato

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m

Daniel Alfredsson's final decision will come tommorrow. He stayed up late in Sweden but now he's sleeping on it.

Please not the Wings Please not the Wings Please not the Wings

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Fine by me. Neidermeyer was a big ****** as well.

Oh, definitely no argument here, in regard to Neidermeyer I mean. But shooting a puck at someone? Pretty careless and childish IMO. Its on the same level as Mclellan coming into the game for 45 seconds and slashing mule in the stomach. It makes me sick every time I see his face on tsn.

Lost all respect for him after this,,,

:D at the Ducks getting mad at someone taking a cheapshot on them... Little Neddy Neiderledder was one of the biggest cheapshot artists in the NHL! Alfredsson probably got cheapshot in every game before that one by Scottie the Crottie and was taking out his frustrations...boo hoo Anaheim...

I will take Alfie on this team anytime...

Eh, I hated Tootoo until he was a Wings so it would like have the same outcome if we signed Alfie. TBH I don't really know how much he has to offer these days as I have only been able to watch Wings games the past two seasons.

All I know is shooting a puck at someone it not something I would have done when I was playing hockey at 13, let alone as an adult. But, as many know, all is forgiven once a player dons a Wings jersey.

Edited by Wingsfan72