• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jamcar1984

Wings in on Alfredsson

Rate this topic

I would really like to see the details on this, 2 yr max at 4 would be good with me.

This is not Modano who was a reclamation project at his age.

Alfie still had a very solid year last year and proved himself still a viable top 6 forward.

He will not put up Stamkos/Crosby numbers but he will be a very good all around forward on this team.

So does everyone hate this because of the age, possible term, or money? I guess because (I haven't watched ANY Sens games) I was always under the impression Alferdsson was still decent. If so for a year contract, I don't think 3.5 would be bad.

reading other boards, it seems that Bos fans and Sen fans still want him, so take that for what it's worth as well.

Edited by ben_usmc

What is up with all the crying? It will be a one year deal that won't handcuff the team going forward. If we had Alfie's production in this past playoff run we probably beat Chicago. If anything it would give the Wings someone to win it for, assuming the right pieces come together

What is up with all the crying? It will be a one year deal that won't handcuff the team going forward. If we had Alfie's production in this past playoff run we probably beat Chicago. If anything it would give the Wings someone to win it for, assuming the right pieces come together

12 games into the season Alfie will be out with a season/career ending injury for us - this is how these things go. See Modano and Sammy. We just hand out retirement cheques here.

Those of you sharting your collective pants do realize that Alfie scored as many points as Brunner, you know the guy that everyone is freaking out over the fact Holland hasn't signed?

He also was a PPG player in the post season, and he played all but one game this season.

OR... are you just freaking out because of his age?

So does everyone hate this because of the age, possible term, or money? I guess because (I haven't watched ANY Sens games) I was always under the impression Alferdsson was still decent. If so for a year contract, I don't think 3.5 would be bad.

reading other boards, it seems that Bos fans and Sen fans still want him, so take that for what it's worth as well.

My concern is that, at $3.5, the Red Wings could sign someone to bring the youth, size, or speed the team needs. There's nothing wrong with Alfredsson as a signing, but that puts a dent in what's left and yes, age, money, and possible term are all concerns for any player who's over 35.

Alfie still is a good player. Looking just at him coming to the Wings, there's a lot to like.

For me if he's a one of a few moves, then this could be great. If this is Holland's only move, then not so much.

Potentially losing Flip and Brunner and signing a 40 year old Alfredsson and relying on Sammy and Bertuzzi going forward.

We'll see how it all shakes out though.

Those of you sharting your collective pants do realize that Alfie scored as many points as Brunner, you know the guy that everyone is freaking out over the fact Holland hasn't signed?

He also was a PPG player in the post season, and he played all but one game this season.

Yes!

12 games into the season Alfie will be out with a season/career ending injury for us - this is how these things go. See Modano and Sammy. We just hand out retirement cheques here.

And if he doesn't get hurt, it is a win for Detroit. Exactly how does Alfie hurt the team if he went on injured reserve? Any signing has a risk. This is a short term fix that will prevent the team from losing the kids down the road.

ALFREDSSON LEAVING THE SENATORS, EXPECTED TO JOIN RED WINGS

Daniel Alfredsson is leaving the Ottawa Senators.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the long-time team captain made the Senators aware of his decision on Thursday night while TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie says the expectation is that he'll sign with the Detroit Red Wings.

Last season, Alfredsson scored 10 goals and 16 assists in 47 games.

The native of Gotherburg, Sweden has spent his entire career in the nation's capital, scoring 426 goals and adding 682 assists in 1,178 games.

The 40-year-old veteran was originally selected in the sixth round by the Senators at the 1994 NHL Entry Draft.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426996

Age. Brunner has a potential future with the Wings. Alfie gives Detroit a season or two and then it's time to find yet another replacement for the offense with Dats and Z even older.

Alfie still is a good player. Looking just at him coming to the Wings, there's a lot to like.

For me if he's a one of a few moves, then this could be great. If this is Holland's only move, then not so much.

Potentially losing Flip and Brunner and signing a 40 year old Alfredsson and relying on Sammy and Bertuzzi going forward.

We'll see how it all shakes out though.

I am actually embarrassed by the consistent moves to sign 35+ players in UFA. Enough is enough. We are justifying our stereotype that the "wings are old"