• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jamcar1984

Wings in on Alfredsson

Rate this topic

And if he doesn't get hurt, it is a win for Detroit. Exactly how does Alfie hurt the team if he went on injured reserve? Any signing has a risk. This is a short term fix that will prevent the team from losing the kids down the road.

He prevents signings this year and leaves a kid to ride pine or stay in GR until he gets injured.

Those of you sharting your collective pants do realize that Alfie scored as many points as Brunner, you know the guy that everyone is freaking out over the fact Holland hasn't signed?

He also was a PPG player in the post season, and he played all but one game this season.

OR... are you just freaking out because of his age?

Those of you sharting your collective pants do realize that Alfie scored as many points as Brunner, you know the guy that everyone is freaking out over the fact Holland hasn't signed?

He also was a PPG player in the post season, and he played all but one game this season.

OR... are you just freaking out because of his age?

Yeah I think most are really focusing too much on his age and not his stats even at 40. And we know it won't be more than 2 years...I think it will be a pretty good signing if true.

One thing I really don't like about it, we're gonna be really soft, barring other moves. And we're gonna have targets on our back in our own division. Toronto, Alfredsson's arch enemies since he was drafted. Boston, a team he apparently spurned to sign with us. And of course, Ottawa, the team where he is a legend. Can't judge it today, we'll see how this works next spring.

If it is only a 1-year deal then I'd be more comfortable with it, I guess. Even though deals like this always feel unsavory to me. Modano shouldn't have left Dallas, Alfredsson should retire a Senator. *shrug

Age. Brunner has a potential future with the Wings. Alfie gives Detroit a season or two and then it's time to find yet another replacement for the offense with Dats and Z even older.

Brunner played one shortened season in the NHL and had a hard time being consistent at that.

Didn't Brunstrum have a pretty good first year in the NHL?

I can go down the list of one year guys that have played in the NHL.

Tatar, Nyquist, and the other forwards "Rotting" in GR are not ready to assume top line minutes, Alfie fills that role for one season while the young guys have another chance to acclimate to the NHL.

Brunner played one shortened season in the NHL and had a hard time being consistent at that.

Tatar, Nyquist, and the other forwards "Rotting" in GR are not ready to assume top line minutes, Alfie fills that role for one season while the young guys have another chance to acclimate to the NHL.

Did you miss the playoffs? Brunner scored quite a few goals for us while playing on the 3rd line...

FALSE. Tatar and Nyquist ARE ready to assume top 6 minutes. Nyquist already shows that ability and Tatar is an AHL playoff MVP. That is "earning it" on any other team. They can't prove it if they never get a shot. We haven't recently had young star talent because by the time they get a chance to establish themselves they are on the wrong side of 25.

People are too quick to support this deal. Consider which of your beloved current Wings this bumps out of the starting roster. Babs can't dress more than 12 forwards.

Yeah, regardless of feelings about this deal - there are still lots of forwards. Something will have to give.

Of course, the Wings (and any other team) can reside above the cap until September, so a trade could always be in the works.

Did you miss the playoffs? Brunner scored quite a few goals for us while playing on the 3rd line...

Yeah Brunner went 5 and 4 in 14 games and was a plus 2

Alfie went 4 and 4 in 10 games and was a plus 5

So your sarcastic point about me missing the playoffs is pretty irrelevant!

Just realised this as well...Alfie wears #11...Does that mean Cleary is the odd man out :lol:

Supposedly it's down to Dallas & Detroit for Cleary.

More rumors on the question of why Alfie's leaving Ottawa:

Why is Daniel Alfredsson leaving the only team he's known, Ottawa? Hearing Senators low-balled him.