• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DeGraa55

Flyers sign giroux to 8 yr $66.2 mill extension

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

So much for them not be able to resign players?

That contract doesn't kick in until the 2014 offseason, smart guy.

Guest DeGraa55

That contract doesn't kick in until the 2014 offseason, smart guy.

So? You people freak out saying teams can't resign guys then they did. Doesn't matter when it kicks in they still got their star player long term and you need stars to wins(as well as a good supporting vast which they don't have).

Guest Crymson

So? You people freak out saying teams can't resign guys then they did. Doesn't matter when it kicks in they still got their star player long term and you need stars to wins(as well as a good supporting vast which they don't have).

What do you mean, "you people"? But really, exactly what is the point you're trying to make here? Nobody said that they'd not be able to re-sign Giroux. They'll just need to sacrifice a bunch of players to stay under the cap.

Guest DeGraa55

What do you mean, "you people"? But really, exactly what is the point you're trying to make here? Nobody said that they'd not be able to re-sign Giroux. They'll just need to sacrifice a bunch of players to stay under the cap.

Just like Chicago had no chance to win another cuo after their last one cause they'll be weak in other areas.

Guest Crymson

Just like Chicago had no chance to win another cuo after their last one cause they'll be weak in other areas.

Nobody said that either. People said that the Blackhawks would be weak in ensuing years, which turned out to be true. They came a hair's breadth from missing the playoffs in 2011---unlike the Wings this season, the Blackhawks' fate was not in their own hands there---and got bounced in the first round the next season.

I understand you're bitter about what you feel is mismanagement on the part of Holland, but acting as if the management styles of Paul Holmgren or Dale Tallon are wise is rather strange.

Guest DeGraa55

Nobody said that either. People said that the Blackhawks would be weak in ensuing years, which turned out to be true. They came a hair's breadth from missing the playoffs in 2011---unlike the Wings this season, the Blackhawks' fate was not in their own hands there---and got bounced in the first round the next season.

I understand you're bitter about what you feel is mismanagement on the part of Holland, but acting as if the management styles of Paul Holmgren or Dale Tallon are wise is rather strange.

Lol no I never said they were wise.

Guest Crymson

Lol no I never said they were wise.

Certainly you deemed Tallon's management to be effective, as you noted that the Blackhawks were able to win another Cup three years later. And you implicitly lent validity to Holmgren's style by asserting that his critics are incorrect.

Just heard on NHL network Giroux signing an extension, 8 years, and average of 8.3 million a season!! WOW. So glad we had the lockout and maybe that pesky salary cap doesn't apply to them? Holy smokes!

Just heard on NHL network Giroux signing an extension, 8 years, and average of 8.3 million a season!! WOW. So glad we had the lockout and maybe that pesky salary cap doesn't apply to them? Holy smokes!

Lmao. Who needs a salary cap anyway, at least they have mason as their backup, and umm.. oh wait they only have mason...

He will earn every penny of that contract as long as he makes Crosby have his hissy fits and shuts him down and ensure that the Pens don't win another cup.

Edit: Though I'm not trying to say that Giroux shuts down Crosby a lot. I'm just saying he'll be worth his contract to some Wings fans if he does so.

Edited by Red Wings Addict

You may not have said the Hawks would suck gigantic hairy balls but plenty on this site did.

Just like they predicted the demise of the Pens.

A lot of this board/fans of the Wings went from having a superiority complex and saying no other franchise compares, to now having an inferiority complex and hoping for the demise of every other team.

The Flyers are up against the cap, but with many teams hoping to make the cap floor, there will always be a crappy GM willing to rescue them.

The Hawks had the Panthers, and sending Huet overseas.

Philly seems to be able to get rid of every bad contract they sign, only to sign other bad contracts.

The current climate in the league has set it up so that bad GMs can be saved by worse GMs.

Smart move by his agent to push for a full NMC, Holmer will have to give out more of them thats what you getfor disrespecting your players.

Great deal for Giroux I would have signed that too.

lol. Who wouldn't sign a $8.3 million dollar contract?

You and everyone else

On regards to Giroux it's a lot of money yes but he's the cornerstone of that franchise now. 6 years I agree should be the max length of any contract signed these days.

Giroux is a great player who just got his pay day.