• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ogreslayer

Wings sign Alfredsson to 1-year, $3.5m deal (+$2m bonuses)

Rate this topic

If Alfredsson is the start of a big summer, it's going to be a good one. If he is the end, next season is going to be every bit of the slog last was.

I don't mind Alfredsson but we need Brunner and another big name signed...feel free to lose the dead wood at anytime.

$3.5 M*****F****** million for a 40 yr old????? ... he better score 25 goals and 75 pts AT LEAST ... in other worries ... please re-sign Brunner ...

$3.5 requires 75 points, seriously? It's not a sure thing that even Pav or Z will get 75 points, and they make $6m+

Same people crying like always.

I like it. It;s only for 1 year for a player that can still score and as we have seen in the past older player seem to thrive with the wings org. Can't wait to see him play with Dats and Z.

And praytell what was the last decent summer FA signing by Holland?

Gonna have to go back a while....

Guest RedWingsDad

Holy crap that is wild overpayment. Wtf Holland.

People need to chill and remember its a one year deal... Overpayment is preferable to having unused cap space sitting for a year.

$3.5 M*****F****** million for a 40 yr old????? ... he better score 25 goals and 75 pts AT LEAST ... in other worries ... please re-sign Brunner ...

It's being reported as 5.5M (that's due to the bonuses). I assume this means the bonuses are mere formalities and will be easy to hit.

3.5M would have been a good deal.

The ones showing his scoring has dropped over 30% in 2 years.

Great, Alfie stats declined, I get that.

WHAT PLAYER SHOULD TAKE HIS SPOT?

As that was your original point!

What youngster is going to give you the 50+ points Alfie gets?

What youngster is going to get you 20 goals that Alfie gets?

You are avoiding your own original point which makes me believe you were not thinking of who should be there, but that you don't like him there.

This is a one year stop gap, gives the young guys a chance to actually play an entire NHL season before you put them on the top line!

5.5 million total for a guy who was on pace for 45 points last season. That sounds like Filppula music.

3.5 is actually the report (potentially 6 with bonuses!), but thoroughness does not seem to be your strong suit!

Great, Alfie stats declined, I get that.

WHAT PLAYER SHOULD TAKE HIS SPOT?

As that was your original point!

What youngster is going to give you the 50+ points Alfie gets?

What youngster is going to get you 20 goals that Alfie gets?

You are avoiding your own original point which makes me believe you were not thinking of who should be there, but that you don't like him there.

This is a one year stop gap, gives the young guys a chance to actually play an entire NHL season before you put them on the top line!

He was on pace for 17 goals. He would be behind Abdelkader on GpG on the Wings.

Don't forget too that the bonus money won't impact the 2013-14 season. If hit, they would apply to 2014-15.

I don't know if that's necessarily any better. I believe we have the option though - I think that we can retroactively apply it to this season if the cap space remains. I could be wrong, but that was my understanding.

Regardless, Capgeek currently lists it as 5.5M for this year.

Guest Playmaker

Nathan Horton to the BJ's. I'd take one NH for one Sammy, Alfie and Tootoo