• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ogreslayer

Wings sign Alfredsson to 1-year, $3.5m deal (+$2m bonuses)

Rate this topic

Dallas and Detroit pursuing Cleary. Hopefully Dallas takes him. Thanks again, Nill.

Brunner hitting market, anyone besides us expressing interest?

Ribiero deal is ridiculous overpayment. Glad we get Alfie over him.

Reports on the Ducks being in the mix for Cleary now too

I love the thought of Alfredsson for Cleary hate it if its Alfredsson for Brunner.

I can live with Alfredsson, Weiss and Brunner as our signings if that's what plays out.

Agree on the first point, Brunner signing >>> Alfredson. On the second point, the Wings don't have the space to sign all three, Wings have 3 must sign RFAs.

And he's done for the offseason. We like our team

So other than the obvious troll post, where do you get that idea when the Wings are clearly in the mix for Weiss and Brunner?

Kenny is done, he needs to sign Smith, Nyquest and Anderson, that's at least 6 million in cap space gone. The Wings have 7.5 left after signing Alfie. Unless a trade occurs, no Weiss, no Brunner, no Flipulla.

Kenny is done, he needs to sign Smith, Nyquest and Anderson, that's at least 6 million in cap space gone. The Wings have 7.5 left after signing Alfie. Unless a trade occurs, no Weiss, no Brunner, no Flipulla.

No way they are worth 2 million together, let alone a piece.

40 yr old alfredsson , 38 yr old bertuzzi , wasted of space samuelsson , a ton of bottom 6 forwards

oh boy , holland better hope he can find teams to trade with gotta think eaves and emmerton is gone ... seems like its gonna be a long year , im almost expecting holland to trade tatar at this point

Nill says the Stars don't want Cleary. Well we know where the brains of the organization went.

we kept the wrong gm , nill was the real mastermind

Flip, IMO, was out of the mix a while ago.

Brunner wanting to test the market (Note: NOT Holland not offering him anything) and if the Wings sign someone while he makes up his mind, he is not yet the type of talent you wait around for.

There is plenty of room, as well as plenty of assets to trade.

They just won the Calder cup, other teams will want some of those prospects.

40 yr old alfredsson , 38 yr old bertuzzi , wasted of space samuelsson , a ton of bottom 6 forwards

oh boy , holland better hope he can find teams to trade with gotta think eaves and emmerton is gone ... seems like its gonna be a long year , im almost expecting holland to trade tatar at this point

we kept the wrong gm , nill was the real mastermind

a little early to make a call like that don't you think?

All of you call Nill the real mastermind, were you in the room when the Wings Brass made these decisions?

As I said in another thread:

Did Nill want Brunner and Holland did not?

Did Holland want Sammy and Nill did not?

Because to me it seems like the org as a whole is in on all decisions, I just don't see how some of these moves are all on Holland and some are all on Nill.

To me it seems like people are arbitrarily assigning blame and credit!

Disagree, we have more than 7.5 after Alfie, and you are boosting the value of our RFA pool cost. We can still fit Brunner and Weiss under the cap with who we have. A trade would free

up funds to solidify the defense IMO.

No way they are worth 2 million together, let alone a piece.

Nyquist and Andersson will get something in the neighborhood of $875,000 apiece. I'd wager that Smith might get something like $1.1 mil.

They actually have 9.5 mil in space, and Smith, Nyquist, and Andersson all together will likely not cost anything more than 4 mil to retain. That leaves enough room for Weiss, since it looks like we are battling Cap constrained St. Louis for his services. And, with a little creativity in contracts and moves, Holland can probably make room for Brunner.

If they can ink Weiss, and that is a big if, the worst case scenario is that we have traded a 27 year old who has some question marks for a 30 year old proven 2nd line center and added and experienced winger for the year. Best case, we keep Brunner.

But, I do agree that if Alfie is the only signing, it will be disappointing.

Guest Playmaker

All of you call Nill the real mastermind, were you in the room when the Wings Brass made these decisions?

As I said in another thread:

Did Nill want Brunner and Holland did not?

Did Holland want Sammy and Nill did not?

Because to me it seems like the org as a whole is in on all decisions, I just don't see how some of these moves are all on Holland and some are all on Nill.

To me it seems like people are arbitrarily assigning blame and credit!

Well, just basing it on the last day or so, Nill traded a Swede and added an established player still only 21 and a cheap, defensively responsible center in Peverley for prospects. I can't remember Holland making any trade such as this.