• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ogreslayer

Wings sign Alfredsson to 1-year, $3.5m deal (+$2m bonuses)

Rate this topic

Yup. One bad playoffs negates a whole career of 30+ goal seasons.

He had a mediocre season in general, and his playoffs were worse than merely bad. His compete level was terrible, and he was invisible outside of a small stretch in game two.

When a short season goes against a career trend, I have a hard time putting much stock in the one season. And it's not like he was the only Duck to play like crap.

Guest The Axe

When a short season goes against a career trend, I have a hard time putting much stock in the one season. And it's not like he was the only Duck to play like crap.

Yah. Perry was the biggest flop for the Ducks last year.

Guest Crymson

Howard played big role role in Perry's awful performance. Perry was getting chances, but was simply not scoring. He was always noticeable. 'Twas not the case with Ryan, who was simply invisible.

Guest The Axe

Howard played big role role in Perry's awful performance. Perry was getting chances, but was simply not scoring. He was always noticeable. 'Twas not the case with Ryan, who was simply invisible.

While I somewhat agree, Perry seemed to shoot very poorly. I cant remember one guy not finding a corner on 2-3 wide open looks per game other than Perry during that series. I almost crapped my drawers everytime he shot only to see it hit the Wheel on Howard every shot. But I agree with you. Some of that is good positioning/goaltending.

Guest Crymson

We don't have any players like that.

Oh, perhaps you'll refer to Franzen now. He wasn't at all invisible in that series.

Also: Good on Alfredsson (erm, sorry - Alfie) for doing that whole goodbye presser dealie. He didn't need to, but then, I guess he sort of did. Don't want to drag that cloud into the regular season and park it over Motown, etc.

Actually, I get the feeling it was largely (if not mostly) a way of saying goodbye to that hospital, even though it's not really goodbye. It seems he really, really, really cares about that cause (mental health), which is cool.

Also: What if the Sens win the Cup this season?

:shout:

All of this seems somehow familiar...

I have been cruising through lots of articles, most of them throwing Alfie under the bus for leaving Ottawa. I think it's normal for the course for the fraying management team to deflect blame on the superstar who left because they wouldn't pay him what they promised and wouldn't/couldn't hire the talent needed to win.

Yes. Very familiar. Hope the result is the same... ;)

OP: this is not meant at you.

Where's the big outrage and calls for the NHL to move the Sens??

Wait, just because it snows there and its in Canada, the team HAS to be successful, no?

Atlanta, Florida, Tampa, Arizona, etc.. all lose money and people scream for the owner's heads and demand (as fans with NO input) for the teams to be moved to more viable markets. What about the precious Sens? Should they be moved. The article spells it out, they've lost (and continue to lose) Millions per year.

Quick, back up the Uhaul, these Sens should head to Seattle/Portland/Kansas City/wherever. Someone will build them a new stadium and the new fanbase will love them and shower the owners with guaranteed profits!

Step 1: lose money, move franchise.

Step 2: ??

Step 3: PROFIT!

Not sure this is the actual "nuke" but according to this, the Sens are losing $9-10m a year.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Under+Eugene+Melnyk+Senators+have+lost+million/8799118/story.html

OP: this is not meant at you. Where's the big outrage and calls for the NHL to move the Sens?? Wait, just because it snows there and its in Canada, the team HAS to be successful, no? Atlanta, Florida, Tampa, Arizona, etc.. all lose money and people scream for the owner's heads and demand (as fans with NO input) for the teams to be moved to more viable markets. What about the precious Sens? Should they be moved. The article spells it out, they've lost (and continue to lose) Millions per year. Quick, back up the Uhaul, these Sens should head to Seattle/Portland/Kansas City/wherever. Someone will build them a new stadium and the new fanbase will love them and shower the owners with guaranteed profits! Step 1: lose money, move franchise.Step 2: ??Step 3: PROFIT! Not sure this is the actual "nuke" but according to this, the Sens are losing $9-10m a year. http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Under+Eugene+Melnyk+Senators+have+lost+million/8799118/story.html

Oh look another billionaire crying poor, it's called creative book keeping. I am sure the real numbers are much different but of course it's easier to cry poorMelnyk is turning is crynik larely