• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ogreslayer

Wings sign Alfredsson to 1-year, $3.5m deal (+$2m bonuses)

Rate this topic

Dallas makes a ton of sense for Cleary. They just traded for a young player, he is best friends with Horcoff who was just traded there, and there is familiarity with Jim Nill.

I loved Cleary and wish him the best, but I hope he moves on from the Wings.

Last I've seen is that the Wings have increased their offer to a 3 year deal but Dallas is offering more money.

Given the choice between overpaying Brunner due to a bidding war(as it appears Brunner wants to test the market) or Alfie in this instance I pick Alfie.

But if you are asking me do we trade a pick for Alfie or draft Sequin, Hall, Stamkos, etc...

I take the draft pick.

See I am not assigning my logic to all situations, I use logic based on the individual circumstance.

I know that may seem weird to some, but I actually look at each transaction as a one off situation, there is no fix all tool.

Edit: This is response to Dirty Dangle, the gap between our posts was bigger than I thought it would be!

Those picks could busted easily. You are using hindsight. You could trade the first overall pick for a current top nhl player instead just like taking alfie over a young unproven brunner.

Holland simply doesn't learn. Wish I could say I don't believe it, but completely expected from the guy who ran after Modano, Sammy, and Jagr.

40 years old and will have to adopt to a brand new system and style of play

All thats left now is Clearly and that will be our free agent splash.

Love this signing. He still puts up about 20 goals and its a 1 yr deal. Forces the kids to earn their top six minutes, while not taking away a roster spot for them (only from sammy and bert). Good insurance if brunner walks. Low risk with a potential high reward. Hard to hate this, unless you are just looking to hate on Holland for not breaking the bank of this absurd FA class. Not saying Holland has been perfect (not even close) but he hasn't been brazen and dumb either, just consistent.

Stupid move 40, declining, and will deny a younger player a chance.

Who on this team or in this Org had better stats, played a better 2 way game, and can instantly be ready to play on the top line at the start of the season?

What youngster has shown they deserve the top line minutes over Alfie?

This is not a 40 year old who, like Modano, couldn't find a home and was a rebuilding project.

This guy would have been tied with Brunner for #4 scorer on this team.

Stupid move 40, declining, and will deny a younger player a chance.

Who?

I would have liked to see Alfredsson retire in Ottawa, but if he has to move for one year I'm happy it's to the Wings. I'm not sure what downside there is to this deal, especially when all other UFAs are rumored to get overpaid.

Who on this team or in this Org had better stats, played a better 2 way game, and can instantly be ready to play on the top line at the start of the season?

What youngster has shown they deserve the top line minutes over Alfie?

This is not a 40 year old who, like Modano, couldn't find a home and was a rebuilding project.

This guy would have been tied with Brunner for #4 scorer on this team.

Okay, and? Have you looked at his stats? The way he is declining hes probably not going to repeat those stats.

Holland simply doesn't learn. Wish I could say I don't believe it, but completely expected from the guy who ran after Modano, Sammy, and Jagr.

40 years old and will have to adopt to a brand new system and style of play

All thats left now is Clearly and that will be our free agent splash.

New system and style of play? The stache has been in Ottawa for two years now. I don't watch much of their games, but I bet he's incorporated a significant amount of Babcock's system into that team. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.