Photo
- - - - -

Wings sign Alfredsson to 1-year, $3.5m deal (+$2m bonuses)

• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

#61 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

3.5 cap hit, with potential for 2 mil in bonuses. not too shabby. could be better, could be worse

#62 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

$3.5 M*****F****** million for a 40 yr old????? ... he better score 25 goals and 75 pts AT LEAST ... in other worries ... please re-sign Brunner ...

It's being reported as 5.5M (that's due to the bonuses).  I assume this means the bonuses are mere formalities and will be easy to hit.

3.5M would have been a good deal.

#63 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

I hope I remember this thread so I can come back to it in June

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#64 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

It's a cap hit of 3.5, but PLEASE GOD RESIGN BRUNNER. HUGE MISTAKE IF YOU LET HIM GO.

#65 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

The ones showing his scoring has dropped over 30% in 2 years.

Great, Alfie stats declined, I get that.

WHAT PLAYER SHOULD TAKE HIS SPOT?

As that was your original point!

What youngster is going to give you the 50+ points Alfie gets?

What youngster is going to get you 20 goals that Alfie gets?

You are avoiding your own original point which makes me believe you were not thinking of who should be there, but that you don't like him there.

This is a one year stop gap, gives the young guys a chance to actually play an entire NHL season before you put them on the top line!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#66 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

It's being reported as 5.5M (that's due to the bonuses).  I assume this means the bonuses are mere formalities and will be easy to hit.

3.5M would have been a good deal.

Don't forget too that the bonus money won't impact the 2013-14 season.  If hit, they would apply to 2014-15.

#67 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

bahahahaaha 5.5 million for alfredsson   man we let the wrong gm go

$3.5 cap hit noob.  Paying him 5.5 means nothing.

Posted Image

#68 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

5.5 million total for a guy who was on pace for 45 points last season. That sounds like Filppula music.

3.5 is actually the report (potentially 6 with bonuses!), but thoroughness does not seem to be your strong suit!

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#69 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

It's a cap hit of 3.5, but PLEASE GOD RESIGN BRUNNER. HUGE MISTAKE IF YOU LET HIM GO.

LeBrun said he's as good as gone.

Posted Image

#70 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Great, Alfie stats declined, I get that.

WHAT PLAYER SHOULD TAKE HIS SPOT?

As that was your original point!

What youngster is going to give you the 50+ points Alfie gets?

What youngster is going to get you 20 goals that Alfie gets?

You are avoiding your own original point which makes me believe you were not thinking of who should be there, but that you don't like him there.

This is a one year stop gap, gives the young guys a chance to actually play an entire NHL season before you put them on the top line!

He was on pace for 17 goals. He would be behind Abdelkader on GpG on the Wings.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#71 wheelchairwing

wheelchairwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

$3.5 requires 75 points, seriously? It's not a sure thing that even Pav or Z will get 75 points, and they make $6m+

I know ... I know ... I just want production ...

#72 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Abby also lead the Wings in ES goals over the entire season.

What players are kept off the roster with this signing?

Edited by WorkingOvertime, 05 July 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#73 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Don't forget too that the bonus money won't impact the 2013-14 season.  If hit, they would apply to 2014-15.

I don't know if that's necessarily any better.  I believe we have the option though - I think that we can retroactively apply it to this season if the cap space remains.  I could be wrong, but that was my understanding.

Regardless, Capgeek currently lists it as 5.5M for this year.

#74 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Nathan Horton to the BJ's.  I'd take one NH for one Sammy, Alfie and Tootoo

#75 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

$3.5 cap hit noob.  Paying him 5.5 means nothing.

still paying 5.5 .. just lost 2 million to next years cap where we gotta sign ericsson , but seeing holland as of late id expect us to lose ericsson next year for nothing

#76 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

I don't know if that's necessarily any better.  I believe we have the option though - I think that we can retroactively apply it to this season if the cap space remains.  I could be wrong, but that was my understanding.

Regardless, Capgeek currently lists it as 5.5M for this year.

Capgeek is wrong then.  Bonuses from one year don't impact the salary cap until the year after.

#77 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

3.5 that's it. If he scores 30 goals plays big minutes on power play, are you kidding me. It's a steal for that money.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#78 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Right but Abby was on pace for 6 assists, well behind Alfie who was on pace for 32!

Alfie is not one dimensional, he will play very good defense, will go to the net, will set up other players as well.

And that was with Abby playing minutes with Datsyuk, remember Corey Perry giving Abby crap about his totals while playing with Dats?

You think Abby should be playing 1st line minutes over Alfie? Really?

Doesn't really matter as they will probably be on the same line as Alfie is RW and Abby is LW.

#79 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

This isant a bad signing considering we donn't want to make any long term contracts. alfie is a proven vet that deserves a cup. A signing like this looks to me as if we are gonna build up a contender team for this year.

#80 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Right but Abby was on pace for 6 assists, well behind Alfie who was on pace for 32!

Alfie is not one dimensional, he will play very good defense, will go to the net, will set up other players as well.

And that was with Abby playing minutes with Datsyuk, remember Corey Perry giving Abby crap about his totals while playing with Dats?

You think Abby should be playing 1st line minutes over Alfie? Really?

Doesn't really matter as they will probably be on the same line as Alfie is RW and Abby is LW.

I hate Abby on the first line, my point is that Alfie is declining, and his 5.5 million is way too much for what he brings.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt