• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ogreslayer

Wings sign Alfredsson to 1-year, $3.5m deal (+$2m bonuses)

Rate this topic

I don't know if that's necessarily any better. I believe we have the option though - I think that we can retroactively apply it to this season if the cap space remains. I could be wrong, but that was my understanding.

Regardless, Capgeek currently lists it as 5.5M for this year.

Capgeek is wrong then. Bonuses from one year don't impact the salary cap until the year after.

He was on pace for 17 goals. He would be behind Abdelkader on GpG on the Wings.

Right but Abby was on pace for 6 assists, well behind Alfie who was on pace for 32!

Alfie is not one dimensional, he will play very good defense, will go to the net, will set up other players as well.

And that was with Abby playing minutes with Datsyuk, remember Corey Perry giving Abby crap about his totals while playing with Dats?

You think Abby should be playing 1st line minutes over Alfie? Really?

Doesn't really matter as they will probably be on the same line as Alfie is RW and Abby is LW.

Right but Abby was on pace for 6 assists, well behind Alfie who was on pace for 32!

Alfie is not one dimensional, he will play very good defense, will go to the net, will set up other players as well.

And that was with Abby playing minutes with Datsyuk, remember Corey Perry giving Abby crap about his totals while playing with Dats?

You think Abby should be playing 1st line minutes over Alfie? Really?

Doesn't really matter as they will probably be on the same line as Alfie is RW and Abby is LW.

I hate Abby on the first line, my point is that Alfie is declining, and his 5.5 million is way too much for what he brings.

I hate Abby on the first line, my point is that Alfie is declining, and his 5.5 million is way too much for what he brings.

So, bring up a player you don't think belongs on the first line as a replacement for Alfie on the first line?

Plus his cap hit is 3.5 and a potential for 2 more in bonuses, you cannot count those 2 in bonuses yet, as he has to earn them, and if he earns it what is the issue?

CapGeek @capgeek 1m

#NHL #RedWings have $7.2M in cap space after Alfredsson signing, factoring in bonus cushion. http://www.capgeek.com/redwings/

See this is what I want to confirm.

Can anyone say whether we have the option to have the 2M bonus count for the coming season if we have the cap space (as opposed to letting it carry over to the year after)?

Can anyone say whether we have the option to have the 2M bonus count for the coming season if we have the cap space (as opposed to letting it carry over to the year after)?

TSN reported 3.5 will count against this year and the remaining 2 would fall on next year. Still trying to figure the CBA rules.

Guest Crymson

Yes, the $2m can be factored into next year's cap. However, it only counts if he actually earns it.

TSN reported 3.5 will count against this year and the remaining 2 would fall on next year. Still trying to figure the CBA rules.

Teams can elect to charge salary bonuses to the season in which they were earned if they are under the cap by at least the amount of the bonus. If that would put them over the cap, the team must elect to take the cap hit the following season.