• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Wings sign Stephen Weiss, 5-years, $24.5m

Rate this topic

Wonder which line Alfie will play on?

With Dats, and Hank, or with Weiss?

Holland had mentioned playing Weiss and Alfie together. The quote was something alon the lines of Stephen puts the puck in the net and alfie is a great playmaker who can pass it to him. Something to that effect

Holland had mentioned playing Weiss and Alfie together. The quote was something alon the lines of Stephen puts the puck in the net and alfie is a great playmaker who can pass it to him. Something to that effect

Ya I'm thinking something along the lines of...

Z-dats- Abby

Mule-Weiss- alfy

Nyq- helm- Tatar

Then a 4th with Anderson and who knows exactly we have a lot of forwards. Want brunner to stay so badly

Babcock said as of now Helm is 3rd-line C and Andersson is slotted to be 4th line C. Weiss at No. 2. Datsyuk with Zetterberg on top line.

Loving this. Hope Helm can get healthy because that is great depth down the middle. Abby and Z can also play center.

The best part is that Helm is now apparently healthy, as per Helene St. James' twitter:

Apologies: Ken Holland said Darren Helm is better, and Red Wings expect (not except) him at development camp next week.

Edited by Zetts

Weiss is an improvement over Filppula, but I'd rather have had Lecavalier for a similar price.

Brunner is definitely an improvement over Alfredsson. Alfie is 40. Brunner is much younger. You guys are thinking short term if you'd rather have Alfie. As in "really" short term. Guy might retire after the season.

I also wanted us to get a little bigger and gritter to play against. Not sure how this accomplishes that.

I didn't think it was possible for Detroit to get smaller...

I was wrong.

No Bobby Ryan. No David Clarkson. No Nathan Horton. No Vinny Lecavalier.

Meh.

I guess we'll wait and see...

Yeah, Holland doesn't seem to like big, gritty forwards. Even on the checking lines, let alone the top two lines.

I think it's important to have balance. We have too many vanilla midgets on the roster.

I guess one thing that's interesting is didn't Lecavalier sign for 5 years @ $22.5 mill? I think he's only 3 years older than Weiss, and much bigger.

Yep. I'd rather have Vinny than Weiss, for these prices.

Edited by GMRwings1983

How the fuss is Jarnkrok 3 years away? Dude is one of the best players in the SEL and has been for years. I think he plays one year, two tops, in GR. Then we still have Datsyuk, Weiss, and Andersson under contract...I think we're straight.

I can see Anathasiou playing Center with his speed

Wonder which line Alfie will play on?

With Dats, and Hank, or with Weiss?

It's being reported that Alfie will be Franzen and Weiss on the 2nd line and Abby will remain on the first line with Zett and Pasha.

Weiss is an improvement over Filppula, but I'd rather have had Lecavalier for a similar price.

Brunner is definitely an improvement over Alfredsson. Alfie is 40. Brunner is much younger. You guys are thinking short term if you'd rather have Alfie. As in "really" short term. Guy might retire after the season.

I also wanted us to get a little bigger and gritter to play against. Not sure how this accomplishes that.

Yeah, Holland doesn't seem to like big, gritty forwards. Even on the checking lines, let alone the top two lines.

I think it's important to have balance. We have too many vanilla midgets on the roster.

Yep. I'd rather have Vinny than Weiss, for these prices.

Haven't watched a lot of Tampa games, but apparently the consensus is his two way game has been lacking the last few years. Bad coverage in own zone, slow to get back on defense, floating more.

The hope is Weiss is a star that has been stuck with crap linemates his career. Having some decent pairings should really allow him to showcase his talent.

key is staying healthy......

Guest The Axe

I say he'll wear #18.

Nope. Andersson gets 18 next year.

Weiss is going 39.