• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Wings sign Stephen Weiss, 5-years, $24.5m

Rate this topic

Ya I'm thinking something along the lines of...

Z-dats- Abby

Mule-Weiss- alfy

Nyq- helm- Tatar

Then a 4th with Anderson and who knows exactly we have a lot of forwards. Want brunner to stay so badly

That third line is going to give opposing teams alllll kinnnnnddzzzzaaaa problems /hodgetwins

Edited by SaCkaveli20

I'll admit it - I dont really know him very well and I have been watching a lot of hockey over the past decade. He has never really come across my radar, but I am not sure if that is due to the "he's buried in a terrible franchise" or "he's got terrible line mates" or the dreaded "he's not really that good".

The one thing I have noticed watching his highlight videos is this: he goes straight at the net more often than not. Never going to complain about that. It will be interesting to see how he dishes to the 2 swedes on his line to start. Hoping for the best, but cautiously optimistic on this one.

Guest The Axe

Something else that people haven't mentioned I think is that he can be very useful in the shootout - goes backhand fivehole like a boss

But Filppula was so good. Not.

I'll admit it - I dont really know him very well and I have been watching a lot of hockey over the past decade. He has never really come across my radar, but I am not sure if that is due to the "he's buried in a terrible franchise" or "he's got terrible line mates" or the dreaded "he's not really that good".

The one thing I have noticed watching his highlight videos is this: he goes straight at the net more often than not. Never going to complain about that. It will be interesting to see how he dishes to the 2 swedes on his line to start. Hoping for the best, but cautiously optimistic on this one.

Alfredsson goes for the net, too. We went from having no one in our top 6 go for the net to having two very good players who do just that. Plus Tatar's shoot first mentality.

We just became a more balanced team with greater work ethic, skill, and scoring ability.

Plus, imagine if this change rubs off on someone else. Either way we're better than last year with the potential to be really, really good.

Not going to lie, don't know anything about him because I never got to watch the East, especially the Panthers. I could sit here and say how much of a great player he was, but judging off his stats before his injured year, I'm happy he's here and he seems excited to be here. Plus he's a former Whaler! Can't wait for him to suit up.

I enjoy Abby playing alongside our eurotwins but having Nyquist in the top 6 and Tatar with Helm would be my ideal preferance.

If we were to split them then this is how i would go about it

Mule - Dats - Nyquist

Z/Weiss - Weiss/Z - Alfy

Abs - Helm - Tatar

Miller - Andy - Sheahan/Eaves/Jurco/Bert/Sammy/Ferraro (option galore)

Id love to have a all swede line but I don't see Weiss and Dats playing much together.

Guest The Axe

I enjoy Abby playing alongside our eurotwins but having Nyquist in the top 6 and Tatar with Helm would be my ideal preferance.

If we were to split them then this is how i would go about it

Mule - Dats - Nyquist

Z/Weiss - Weiss/Z - Alfy

Abs - Helm - Tatar

Miller - Andy - Sheahan/Eaves/Jurco/Bert/Sammy/Ferraro (option galore)

Id love to have a all swede line but I don't see Weiss and Dats playing much together.

What about Emdog?

Tooto might actually be played more then we might expect. Boston, Toronto, Ottawa will become rivals fast. Why not have a crazy train causing havoc n tickin off the opponent so bad they take stupid penalties. But that's just what I hope on...

Tooto might actually be played more then we might expect. Boston, Toronto, Ottawa will become rivals fast. Why not have a crazy train causing havoc n tickin off the opponent so bad they take stupid penalties. But that's just what I hope on...

Or he may end up playing more than we might expect but just on another team. I still think he's going to be one that Kenny looks to trade to get to the roster limit.

Guest The Axe

Or he may end up playing more than we might expect but just on another team. I still think he's going to be one that Kenny looks to trade to get to the roster limit.

Yup. Holland will package picks with pur slop to get rid of them.

Bert, Sammy, Tootoo, 2014 1st, and 2014 3rd for another team's 2014 2nd and 2014 4th.

Watching this video, you know why like this guy? Explosiveness. He creates so many plays and will make the line he centers so much better. Good upgrade and cheaper than Fil.

Agreed, I find that his highlights showcase much more independent skill and knowledge than Filppula's.